21 Aug 2005 23:06:23
Gryphyn
Making a real pb sniper

First off no this is not asking what paintball gun is a sniper. This is
asking how could a marker be made that allowed it the superier ( not
sure of spelling) accuracy and range of todays firearms. Changing the
caliber, making them faster, more areodynamic, ect. All are asked to
help solve this question. But please, no ridicule or sarcasm unless
this question is truely stupid. Don't forget that it can't be able to
break skin from over 5 ft away as a general rule.

22 Aug 2005 07:33:39
DGDevin
Re: Making a real pb sniper

"Gryphyn" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> First off no this is not asking what paintball gun is a sniper. This is
> asking how could a marker be made that allowed it the superier ( not
> sure of spelling) accuracy and range of todays firearms. Changing the
> caliber, making them faster, more areodynamic, ect. All are asked to
> help solve this question. But please, no ridicule or sarcasm unless
> this question is truely stupid. Don't forget that it can't be able to
> break skin from over 5 ft away as a general rule.

Pull on your fireproof jammies....

Making a paintgun that would shoot as far and as accurately as a real
firearm would produce similar terminal effects on the target, i.e. make a
big old hole in it. Because the only way to get that kind of range is to
use a projectile with the same kind of mass and velocity as a bullet, and
something with that kind of mass moving at that kind of speed, well, it's a
lump of metal really, with a point at the front, yeah, it's going to break
skin.

There used to be a product called the Sniper Ball, it was a paintball with a
little plastic cone with fins glued onto it, looked like kind of a stubby
little bomb. They were muzzle-loaded one at a time into paintgun barrels,
and they worked like a charm, flew like darts, way further than any
paintball you've ever seen. Of course, they were expensive and
muzzle-loading them individually was kind of time-consuming, most players
these days wouldn't have the patience. There was also a company that tried
to sell a gun that shot these weird football-shaped paintballs, didn't work
worth a damn, the "balls" tumbled in flight and were way worse than regular
paintballs.

The range and accuracy of paintballs is limited by the fact that they're
being shot at people, make the balls stronger and heavier and shooting them
at higher velocity would make them go further, but you'd run out of players
pretty fast....

22 Aug 2005 09:58:11
BaaL
Re: Making a real pb sniper

Gryphyn <[email protected] > has this craizy idea that:

> First off no this is not asking what paintball gun is a sniper. This
> is asking how could a marker be made that allowed it the superier (
> not sure of spelling) accuracy and range of todays firearms. Changing
> the caliber, making them faster, more areodynamic, ect. All are asked
> to help solve this question. But please, no ridicule or sarcasm unless
> this question is truely stupid. Don't forget that it can't be able to
> break skin from over 5 ft away as a general rule.

people have tried it million times... it always failed because couple of
reasons..
1. it didnt work at all
2. it worked but couldn't be used because of safety issues... poeple could
get seriously hurt
3. it worked, no safety issues, but was too expensive to go in to massive
production

there are a few ways to make todays markers more accure
make better paintballs, have more stable pressure in the marker.. that's
it.. barrels can't be any better aymore.... there are also the flatline or
armotech hopup and straight rifling barrels wich give (from what users say)
superior range and accuracy

--
Although I can tell you what is not, I cannot tell you what is.
That my friend, you will have to find out all by yourself,

22 Aug 2005 05:24:07
Jeff Goslin
Re: Making a real pb sniper

"Gryphyn" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> First off no this is not asking what paintball gun is a sniper. This is
> asking how could a marker be made that allowed it the superier ( not
> sure of spelling) accuracy and range of todays firearms. Changing the
> caliber, making them faster, more areodynamic, ect. All are asked to
> help solve this question. But please, no ridicule or sarcasm unless
> this question is truely stupid. Don't forget that it can't be able to
> break skin from over 5 ft away as a general rule.

To put it bluntly, the laws of physics are NOT on your side for this one.
You can't get accuracy/distance AND keep it soft enough to be used in a
paintball game, end of story. How do sniper rifles shoot a mile? They fire
a heavy and aerodynamic slug at hypersonic speeds. It's simply not possible
to get something to both be non-lethal from the muzzle out, and fire a
respectable distance at the same time.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

Tony Sr.
Re: Making a real pb sniper

always a woods guy wants to have this type of shit....get closer to your guy
you want to shoot wit your armotec or whatever.....
"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Gryphyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > First off no this is not asking what paintball gun is a sniper. This is
> > asking how could a marker be made that allowed it the superier ( not
> > sure of spelling) accuracy and range of todays firearms. Changing the
> > caliber, making them faster, more areodynamic, ect. All are asked to
> > help solve this question. But please, no ridicule or sarcasm unless
> > this question is truely stupid. Don't forget that it can't be able to
> > break skin from over 5 ft away as a general rule.
> >

> To put it bluntly, the laws of physics are NOT on your side for this one.
> You can't get accuracy/distance AND keep it soft enough to be used in a
> paintball game, end of story. How do sniper rifles shoot a mile? They
fire
> a heavy and aerodynamic slug at hypersonic speeds. It's simply not
possible
> to get something to both be non-lethal from the muzzle out, and fire a
> respectable distance at the same time.
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> It's not a god complex when you're always right

22 Aug 2005 13:20:45
Hardtime
Re: Making a real pb sniper

Paintball Sniper is more like the ongoing joke of MI (Military
Intelligence) within the Military. My sister was in Military
Intelligence in the Army. Sure she got fast promotions but only
because she hung around the brass like all MI's do. It surely was not
because she was intelligent.

A paintball sniper uses the tactics of a sniper pretty much but only
for cover and concealment to get close to their opponent to make the
easy, good , clean shot.

When I get tired of running through the woods looking for the opposing
snipers I like to convert to a sniper myself. A lot of times I will
lay within (not behind one) a palmetto bush wearing a gray tee shirt
and sweat pants (thin). I let them walk by me then shoot them in the
backpack or harness system. It is like saying "You Dummy, you walked
right past me. What were you doing, sleepwalking?". It then becomes
like serving "Humble Pie".

By the way be careful around the palmetto bushes they can slice you
fairly good. I grew up around them.

I have actually pulled the same stunt laying in an open uncut field
but that normally ends up being a trade off as you give your position
away when you take someone out.

Paintball is great and scenario is only limited to the rules of your
particular game and your imagination.

We have played using tree climbing but you really need to have some
rules like no shooting within 40-50ft and your height from the ground
does not count as well as no head shots from trees. Remember you are
shooting down on people and can really hurt someone. Think about it
though if you are in a tree and someone sees you and they are a jerk
you are in for pain and there is nothing you can do and the ground
people are not limited to the same additional tree rules :-)

22 Aug 2005 16:43:11
DGDevin
Re: Making a real pb sniper

"Tony Sr." <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> always a woods guy wants to have this type of shit....get closer to your
> guy
> you want to shoot wit your armotec or whatever.....

I don't know which is sillier, the newbie woods player who wants a "sniper
rifle" or the tournament wannabe who wants a cheater board to make his
electro shoot twenty balls a second with one tap on the trigger.

22 Aug 2005 17:05:16
LCT Paintball
Re: Making a real pb sniper

> armotech hopup and straight rifling barrels wich give (from what users
> say)
> superior range and accuracy

Users? Would that be drug users?

22 Aug 2005 13:58:59
Tony Sr.
Re: Making a real pb sniper

take your pick Doug they are the same
"DGDevin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Tony Sr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
> > always a woods guy wants to have this type of shit....get closer to your
> > guy
> > you want to shoot wit your armotec or whatever.....
>
> I don't know which is sillier, the newbie woods player who wants a "sniper
> rifle" or the tournament wannabe who wants a cheater board to make his
> electro shoot twenty balls a second with one tap on the trigger.

23 Aug 2005 03:46:06
DGDevin
Re: Making a real pb sniper

"Tony Sr." <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> take your pick Doug they are the same

Not quite the same, the guy with the "sniper rifle" generally doesn't knock
anybody out with a concussion or get into screaming matches with other
players or throw a fit when the refs throw out his cheater-board gun....

22 Aug 2005 21:54:05
Tony Sr.
Re: Making a real pb sniper

see Doug what you fail to realize is they all play under the same type of
rules...whine, wipe, shoot lots of paint and make paintball exciting for
many people.
"DGDevin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Tony Sr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
> > take your pick Doug they are the same
>
> Not quite the same, the guy with the "sniper rifle" generally doesn't
knock
> anybody out with a concussion or get into screaming matches with other
> players or throw a fit when the refs throw out his cheater-board gun....

23 Aug 2005 08:29:22
DGDevin
Re: Making a real pb sniper

"Tony Sr." <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> see Doug what you fail to realize is they all play under the same type of
> rules...whine, wipe, shoot lots of paint and make paintball exciting for
> many people.

Watching spoiled children cheat and throw tantrums is exciting? I'd rather
take my old lady's 350Z out for a spin, even with today's gas prices it's a
better entertainment investment from where I sit.

23 Aug 2005 03:21:41
Tony Sr.
Re: Making a real pb sniper

"DGDevin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Tony Sr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
> > see Doug what you fail to realize is they all play under the same type
of
> > rules...whine, wipe, shoot lots of paint and make paintball exciting for
> > many people.
>
> Watching spoiled children cheat and throw tantrums is exciting? I'd
rather
> take my old lady's 350Z out for a spin, even with today's gas prices it's
> better entertainment investment from where I sit.

Doug, read again what i said. "many people" does not mean all people.you
are one of the people who would rather drive a car. also Doug like i have
said many times "ALL" sports have their
cheaters and the fights . look at baseball how many fights and
swearing....football the same....don't even start about soccer the worlds
largest spectator sport. the fans love to see fights and the like.
hockey is all about the fights. the swearing....why Doug should our sport be
played only in the woods where everything you say about the tourny player
goes on also. Don't even try to tell me different because i played only
woodsball for over 5 years and saw it.DG....you must realize by now that
paintball is not a sport of sissy's who only want one hit and get out of
game. the fact is i myself get more pain in the woods from players who don't
know what holding your gun in the air means.why do you think people go see
bullfights ?

23 Aug 2005 15:02:37
LCT Paintball
Re: Making a real pb sniper

> Watching spoiled children cheat and throw tantrums is exciting? I'd
> rather take my old lady's 350Z out for a spin, even with today's gas
> prices it's a better entertainment investment from where I sit.

You don't break the speed limit when you do that do you? You know that's
against the rules don't you? It's also dangerous. Would you wine when you
get caught at the cops give you a ticket? :)

Sorry, had to do it. ;)

23 Aug 2005 16:49:21
DGDevin
Re: Making a real pb sniper

"Tony Sr." <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Doug, read again what i said. "many people" does not mean all people.you
> are one of the people who would rather drive a car. also Doug like i have
> said many times "ALL" sports have their
> cheaters and the fights . look at baseball how many fights and
> swearing....football the same....don't even start about soccer the worlds
> largest spectator sport. the fans love to see fights and the like.
> hockey is all about the fights. the swearing....why Doug should our sport
> be
> played only in the woods where everything you say about the tourny player
> goes on also. Don't even try to tell me different because i played only
> woodsball for over 5 years and saw it.DG....you must realize by now that
> paintball is not a sport of sissy's who only want one hit and get out of
> game. the fact is i myself get more pain in the woods from players who
> don't
> know what holding your gun in the air means.why do you think people go see
> bullfights ?

Sorry Tony, but I've heard that excuse too many times, and it still doesn't
hold water. The cheating and game-fixing and temper tantrums in paintball
are so far beyond what happens in "real" sports that there is no valid
comparison, Imagine if in every NASCAR race they caught a dozen teams using
illegal technology, imagine if two NFL teams were caught fixing games,
imagine a pro sport where a player can be banned for fighting and simply
switch to another league to carry on his crappy behavior, imagine the
captain of an NHL team caught secretly interferring in play from off the
ice, or imagine any pro sport where the on-field officials consist of
whoever the promoter can find to do the job regardless of their lack of
training or even their financial interest in the outcome of the games they
are reffing, imagine a sport in which they announce that since they can't
stop the cheating they're just going to change the rules to allow pretty
much anything, or imagine a promoter over-ruling the refs and changing calls
after the game because he has a financial relationship with one of the
teams! And imagine any other sport in which the penalties for such slimy
behavior amount to a slap on the wrist, with the offenders allowed to carry
on with no real inconvenience to themselves. Sounds silly, right? Yet all
that and more has happened in pro paintball, our "sport" makes roller derby
look legitimate.

And I don't care if people want to play speedball instead of in the woods
Tony, I played on the world's first speedball field ever, and I enjoy that
game, so please don't suggest I want paintball to consist of only woodsball.
And the suggestion that people who don't want to be hit a dozen times in the
neck from two feet away are "sissies" is ridiculous, and offensive.
Lighting up players at point-blank range is needless and dangerous, and it
shows the sad state of this game that it has become expected behavior, not
to mention that intentionally trying to knock out opponents by hosing them
in the head at close range is now considered the cool thing to do in some
circles.

There has always been trashy behavior in paintball, everybody knows that,
the difference is that today much of that behavior is not just tolerated,
it's celebrated. That's what makes me sad Tony, to read an article in which
a "pro" player boasts of cheating and describes how amusing it is for him to
do it in front of the refs without getting caught, to see photos of a team
manager charging the refs during a game because he doesn't like a call with
no penalty for his behavior, to hear from pals who ref the pro leagues how
they have a nonstop battle to keep illegal hardware off the field and how
the promoters as often as not won't back them up when they try to enforce
the rules.

My question is a simple one Tony, why do we apologise for the bad stuff in
tournament paintball rather than try to clean it up?

23 Aug 2005 16:51:25
DGDevin
Re: Making a real pb sniper

"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s22...

>> Watching spoiled children cheat and throw tantrums is exciting? I'd
>> rather take my old lady's 350Z out for a spin, even with today's gas
>> prices it's a better entertainment investment from where I sit.
>
> You don't break the speed limit when you do that do you? You know that's
> against the rules don't you? It's also dangerous. Would you wine when you
> get caught at the cops give you a ticket? :)
>
> Sorry, had to do it. ;)

Got a ticket the first time I drove it, learned to moderate my behavior
since. And that's the difference, in pro paintball the tickets are so petty
that nobody worries about them, they're the equivalent of a five dollar
speeding ticket with no demerits.

You didn't really think I'd give up my soapbox, did you? ;-)

23 Aug 2005 17:32:44
LCT Paintball
Re: Making a real pb sniper

> You didn't really think I'd give up my soapbox, did you? ;-)

No, I just thought it was funny. :0

BTW, I'd be on the soapbox with you if there was more room up there.

23 Aug 2005 18:47:14
Tony Sr.
Re: Making a real pb sniper

Doug your last question i also would like to know....on the other side, our
sport is new and you know what i mean...when the sports you mention were
relatively new the same types existed then as now...1919 Black sox ??
> [...]
> the difference is that today much of that behavior is not just tolerated,
> it's celebrated. That's what makes me sad Tony, to read an article in
which
> a "pro" player boasts of cheating and describes how amusing it is for him
> do it in front of the refs without getting caught, to see photos of a team
> manager charging the refs during a game because he doesn't like a call
with
> no penalty for his behavior, to hear from pals who ref the pro leagues how
> they have a nonstop battle to keep illegal hardware off the field and how
> the promoters as often as not won't back them up when they try to enforce
> the rules.
>
> My question is a simple one Tony, why do we apologise for the bad stuff in
> tournament paintball rather than try to clean it up?

24 Aug 2005 07:57:20
DGDevin
Re: Making a real pb sniper

"Tony Sr." <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Doug your last question i also would like to know....on the other side,
> our
> sport is new and you know what i mean...when the sports you mention were
> relatively new the same types existed then as now...1919 Black sox ??

There was an interesting exchange at a rules committee meeting of a certain
pro league recently, a well-known west coast team captain berated a
well-known east-coast team captain, the west-coast guy said everybody knows
he pushes the rules when he can, but he at least thinks the rules themselves
should be straight-up, even if the players cheat at least the rules should
be honest. What he was upset about was the east-coast guy wanting to change
the rules so what used to be cheating would become legal, "Dude, everybody
knows I'm a sleaze, but you want even the rules to be sleazy...."

I don't know why he cares, it's all going to end up in the same place
anyway, a manufactured TV spectacle with a closed-shop of teams sucking up
the gravy that everyone else will pay for, and it will have nothing to do
with the game that millions of people play for fun....

24 Aug 2005 01:03:33
Tony Sr.
Re: Making a real pb sniper

Sorry Doug I do not have crystal ball for future....but the rules do need
plenty adjusting and the refs need to be people that are highly paid with
someone like yourself to oversee the high paid refs who don't want to lose
the job. of course you would be the way they lose the job that pays so well.

something like that ;-)
"DGDevin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Tony Sr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
> > Doug your last question i also would like to know....on the other side,
> > our
> > sport is new and you know what i mean...when the sports you mention were
> > relatively new the same types existed then as now...1919 Black sox ??
>
> There was an interesting exchange at a rules committee meeting of a
certain
> pro league recently, a well-known west coast team captain berated a
> well-known east-coast team captain, the west-coast guy said everybody
knows
> he pushes the rules when he can, but he at least thinks the rules
themselves
> should be straight-up, even if the players cheat at least the rules should
> be honest. What he was upset about was the east-coast guy wanting to
change
> the rules so what used to be cheating would become legal, "Dude, everybody
> knows I'm a sleaze, but you want even the rules to be sleazy...."
>
> I don't know why he cares, it's all going to end up in the same place
> anyway, a manufactured TV spectacle with a closed-shop of teams sucking up
> the gravy that everyone else will pay for, and it will have nothing to do
> with the game that millions of people play for fun....

24 Aug 2005 15:18:28
BaaL
Re: Making a real pb sniper

LCT Paintball <[email protected] > has this craizy idea
that:

>> armotech hopup and straight rifling barrels wich give (from what
>> users say)
>> superior range and accuracy
>
> Users? Would that be drug users?

smartass !!!

--
Although I can tell you what is not, I cannot tell you what is.
That my friend, you will have to find out all by yourself,
for there is no help but self-help.

24 Aug 2005 20:36:32
DGDevin
Re: Making a real pb sniper

"Tony Sr." <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Sorry Doug I do not have crystal ball for future....but the rules do need
> plenty adjusting and the refs need to be people that are highly paid with
> someone like yourself to oversee the high paid refs who don't want to lose
> the job. of course you would be the way they lose the job that pays so
> well.
>
> something like that ;-)

The way it is now the refs are essentially volunteers, their "pay" is
pathetic, in most cases it doesn't even cover what they lose taking time off
work to ref, they get a crappy hotel room, have to arrange their own
transportation, some promoters who can afford killer player parties
apparently can't afford water and Gatorade for the refs when it's 99 degrees
in the shade, and then they want the refs to sign off on no liability for
the promoter if the refs are injured on the job! And when some little shit
lights up a ref who made a call he didn't like, oops, sorry, but he's with
Dynasty, let it go.

The rules, they change them and change them, but they never seem to get
around to the heart of it, do something sleazy enough or break the rules
often enough and you'll pay a high price. So now they want to just
water-down the rules to the point where everything is legal, I soppose
that's one way to deal with cheating....

24 Aug 2005 22:15:59
LCT Paintball
Re: Making a real pb sniper

> The rules, they change them and change them, but they never seem to get
> around to the heart of it, do something sleazy enough or break the rules
> often enough and you'll pay a high price. So now they want to just
> water-down the rules to the point where everything is legal, I soppose
> that's one way to deal with cheating....

Sounds like congress.

27 Aug 2005 07:15:52
Rob Miller
Re: Making a real pb sniper

I know I'm just a lurker, but I must ask a question. Weren't all the Black
Sox who were found to have participated in those activities thrown out of
the sport forever?

--
ROB MILLER
"Tony Sr." <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Doug your last question i also would like to know....on the other side,
> our
> sport is new and you know what i mean...when the sports you mention were
> relatively new the same types existed then as now...1919 Black sox ??
> "DGDevin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> "Tony Sr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]

27 Aug 2005 00:21:15
Tony Sr.
Re: Making a real pb sniper

good question....look it up and let us all know what you find.

"Rob Miller" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I know I'm just a lurker, but I must ask a question. Weren't all the Black
> Sox who were found to have participated in those activities thrown out of
> the sport forever?
>
> --
> ROB MILLER
> "Tony Sr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Doug your last question i also would like to know....on the other side,
> > our
> > sport is new and you know what i mean...when the sports you mention were
> > relatively new the same types existed then as now...1919 Black sox ??
> > "DGDevin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> >> "Tony Sr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]

27 Aug 2005 00:29:32
Tony Sr.
Re: Making a real pb sniper

Judge Kenesaw Mountain Landis announces that he will banish the eight
players from baseball for life, despite the acquittal.