23 Aug 2004 17:20:23
Bruce Chang
My experience: 32 degrees Terminator barrel

No comparison to the stock barrel. Hands down superior.

Of course I own no other barrel but the stock barrel and now the terminator
barrel. The first shot I took, I was aiming at a 4-5" in diameter tree
branch at 30-35 feet and hit exactly what I was aiming for, dead center.
Took 5 more shots and all of them hit their mark. This thing is
surprisingly accurate and I only paid $21 for it shipped to my door. Of
course it was used and I bought it off eBay. I have yet to use it on the
field but I'm pretty confident that my paint will find it's mark more
frequently.

One other question: when squeegee-ing, do you just squeege the barrel? I
notice if I remove the bolt , I *could* squeege the whole gun. Of course
the ball retainer would have to be removed but other than that, I think it
could go the whole way. Is that necessary? Needed? A waste of time?

-Bruce




23 Aug 2004 10:46:42
Jose
Re: My experience: 32 degrees Terminator barrel

Glad to hear you spent your money well. What kind of paint were you
shooting? That can make a difference.

Jose


"Bruce Chang" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> No comparison to the stock barrel. Hands down superior.
>
> Of course I own no other barrel but the stock barrel and now the
terminator
> barrel. The first shot I took, I was aiming at a 4-5" in diameter tree
> branch at 30-35 feet and hit exactly what I was aiming for, dead center.
> Took 5 more shots and all of them hit their mark. This thing is
> surprisingly accurate and I only paid $21 for it shipped to my door. Of
> course it was used and I bought it off eBay. I have yet to use it on the
> field but I'm pretty confident that my paint will find it's mark more
> frequently.
>
> One other question: when squeegee-ing, do you just squeege the barrel? I
> notice if I remove the bolt , I *could* squeege the whole gun. Of course
> the ball retainer would have to be removed but other than that, I think it
> could go the whole way. Is that necessary? Needed? A waste of time?
>
> -Bruce
>
>




23 Aug 2004 20:38:27
Bruce Chang
Re: My experience: 32 degrees Terminator barrel


"Jose" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Glad to hear you spent your money well. What kind of paint were you
> shooting? That can make a difference.
>
> Jose
>

It's RPS Euroflite, just regular field paint that I can tell. Most of the
day, saturday, I shot Blue Streak which is the brand Walmart stocks; that
was with the stock barrel. I guess I should load up my hopper with some of
the Blue Streak and see if it makes a big difference.

-Bruce




23 Aug 2004 18:35:09
Aaron Reimer
Re: My experience: 32 degrees Terminator barrel

Another thing to consider is that often your velocity will change when
changing barrels. Try chronying the same paint with the stock and the
terminator. If there is a large jump in FPS on the second barrel, it would
be observable in increased accuracy.

"Bruce Chang" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> "Jose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Glad to hear you spent your money well. What kind of paint were you
> > shooting? That can make a difference.
> >
> > Jose
> >
>
> It's RPS Euroflite, just regular field paint that I can tell. Most of the
> day, saturday, I shot Blue Streak which is the brand Walmart stocks; that
> was with the stock barrel. I guess I should load up my hopper with some
of
> the Blue Streak and see if it makes a big difference.
>
> -Bruce
>
>




24 Aug 2004 10:26:14
Space Cadet
Re: My experience: 32 degrees Terminator barrel

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 17:20:23 GMT, "Bruce Chang"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>
>One other question: when squeegee-ing, do you just squeege the barrel? I
>notice if I remove the bolt , I *could* squeege the whole gun. Of course
>the ball retainer would have to be removed but other than that, I think it
>could go the whole way. Is that necessary? Needed? A waste of time?
>
>-Bruce
>

IMO it never hurts to squeege the body too. Depending on the gun you
have, you have o-rings on the bolt which require lubrication. Over
time that lubrication attracts dirt and grime. when you take apart the
gun to relube, you should also squeege out all the old oil/grunge. I
actually do this after every days play, but I know most people are a
little less "anal". Also, removing the ball detent is probably not
necessary. It is usually spring loaded, and the squeege just pushes it
inside the mount as it passes by.

SC