30 Aug 2005 17:46:34
Rick Scott
New nanotech coating eliminates fogging

Just saw this article posted on slashdot. Apparently the good folks
at MIT have cooked up some coating made of polymers and bits of silica
that eliminates fogging entirely. They say that it should hit the
market in some two to five years. So who knows -- maybe this will be
mean the end of the accursed fog that plagues us paintball players. =)

http://www.azonano.com/news.asp?newsID=1312

Rick
--
key CF8F8A75 / print C5C1 F87D 5056 D2C0 D5CE D58F 970F 04D1 CF8F 8A75
Democracy is the art of running the circus from the monkey cage.

30 Aug 2005 14:28:42
Tempest
Re: New nanotech coating eliminates fogging

Yeah I saw that too. Looks like it might only apply to glass though. But who
knows.

However, I still haven't had my JT Proflex Spectras ever fog up in the past
couple years I've owned them. And I hear that the VForce masks are even
better.

-Mike

"Rick Scott" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Just saw this article posted on slashdot. Apparently the good folks
> at MIT have cooked up some coating made of polymers and bits of silica
> that eliminates fogging entirely. They say that it should hit the
> market in some two to five years. So who knows -- maybe this will be
> mean the end of the accursed fog that plagues us paintball players. =)
>
> http://www.azonano.com/news.asp?newsID=1312
>

> Rick
> --
> key CF8F8A75 / print C5C1 F87D 5056 D2C0 D5CE D58F 970F 04D1 CF8F 8A75
> Democracy is the art of running the circus from the monkey cage.
> :H.L. Mencken

30 Aug 2005 22:27:17
EDTHEWARD
Re: New nanotech coating eliminates fogging

"Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> However, I still haven't had my JT Proflex Spectras ever fog up in the
> past couple years I've owned them. And I hear that the VForce masks are
> even better.
>
> -Mike

better than not fogging? negative fog? bizzaro fog?

eh...just shoot me.

31 Aug 2005 03:33:10
Matt Moriearty
Re: New nanotech coating eliminates fogging

> better than not fogging? negative fog? bizzaro fog?
>
> eh...just shoot me.

Yes. In *actual* atmospheric ground-hugging fog, the other team will be
able to track you down by a beam of clear air to your lens.

--
Please note that due to cuts in the budget, the light at the end of the
tunnel has been disconnected.

31 Aug 2005 16:21:25
John
Re: New nanotech coating eliminates fogging

The sad thing is that the best excuse for missing an easy hit on a person
will also be lost when this anti-fogging stuff makes its way to the
paintball field. The old "I missed because I didn't have a clear shot, my
lense was fogged up." will no longer apply. People will have to tell the
truth, "Hey, Not only is my marker an inaccurate POS, but I could not hit a
dead cow at 15 feet.", or a new lie will have to be invented to replace the
obsolete fog lie.
Just a thought on the subject :)

--
John TI2#003
[email protected]

31 Aug 2005 19:26:12
DeathX

On 30-Aug-2005, "Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote:

> However, I still haven't had my JT Proflex Spectras ever fog up in the
> past
> couple years I've owned them. And I hear that the VForce masks are even
> better.

I agree. The Proflex has been the best goggle for not fogging I've owned.
I don't even need to use my JT fan anymore.