16 Jul 2004 08:39:48
Newbie needs help with co2 tank

Looking to buy a co2 tank for my 13 yo son. One site notes that 16oz is the
best as it holds a lot of gas and is lighter than 20oz for kids. Read a lot
about other accessories such as on/off valve, siphon tubes, angle brackets,
o-rings, cylinder butts, etc.

Want to know (1) what I need (2) what's handy and (3) what's a pure luxury.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, guardsman

16 Jul 2004 14:30:25
John
Re: Newbie needs help with co2 tank

Personally I use a 9 ounce tank if the bottle is connect directy to the
Marker. Now, if he plays all day he would need two or three 9 ounce tanks,
or a place to refill ( ounce tanks get around 400 shots, give or take. A 20
ounce is very nice, but heavy, so a harness and remote would be wise
purchases for a 20 ounce tank. Most remotes have on off valves, check to
make sure though. If your going to get a 16 ounce, ya might as well go for
the 20ounce, there is just 4 ounces diffrence, and alittle more does not
hurt. At 13 he should have no problem toting the gear in play. O-Rings are
must have, as the o-rings tend to tear after a few uses. You can get o-rings
in packs.So thats my two cents, 20 ounce CO2 tank, remote, and harness, with
a pack of o-rings. It's a very basic set up.
Siphon tubes are nice, you get alittle more use from your CO2 tank, but buy
it installed if you really want to get one, it saves a little installation
effort and time. However it is not a big must have, same with the on/off
valve.
Angle brackets, butt plates, and fuzzy dice, are nice but not always
needed.I just threw in the fuzzy dice thing. Angle brackets, and Butt plates
are used to make a marker have a certain style, or look. I have never used
either.

Anyway thats my two cents, I hope I was of some help...

--
John TI2#003
[email protected]

16 Jul 2004 15:52:33
Jeff Goslin

<[email protected] > wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Looking to buy a co2 tank for my 13 yo son. One site notes that 16oz is
the
> best as it holds a lot of gas and is lighter than 20oz for kids. Read a
lot
> about other accessories such as on/off valve, siphon tubes, angle
brackets,
> o-rings, cylinder butts, etc.
>
> Want to know (1) what I need (2) what's handy and (3) what's a pure
luxury.

If the gun has a place to screw in a CO2 tank, you don't need anything else
other than a tank. You should have a packet of tank o-rings around for when
the oring gives up the ghost, but everything else is pure luxury.

As far as size goes, you really only need a super huge tank if you're
playing in an area that does not allow for immediate refills(ie if you're
playing outlaw ball, and not at a commercial field). If you can get a
refill any time you want, size doesn't matter, except that you need a tank
big enough to last one game. You'll get about... 60 shots an ounce in tank
size. Compare that with how much the boy shoots in a single day or game,
and it'll give you an approximate size you'll need.

Of course, if YOU want to control how much they shoot, you can always lower
the size of the tank(if they are playing outlaw ball). When they run out of
air, they can't shoot more paint. Control like this is something that might
be important to you, if you're on a budget.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

Insane Ranter
Re: Newbie needs help with co2 tank

Qwerty

17 Jul 2004 00:33:14
Insane Ranter
Re: Newbie needs help with co2 tank

Hi.

17 Jul 2004 00:35:11
Insane Ranter
Re: Newbie needs help with co2 tank

Hugs N' Kisses

17 Jul 2004 07:17:51
derrick
Re: Newbie needs help with co2 tank

for the most part i have to agree with john. on/off valves are a
luxury, as are anit-siphon tubes. i'm just not a giant fan of
remotes. in case of playing outlaw ball, a 16-oz tank is a good way
to go. you could go on ebay and get a 16-oz stubby tank for about
$23. they're great. they never need hydrotesting. and they're small
so they don't get in the way on the end of your gun. when i play co2,
they're what i use. i highly recommend them.

<[email protected] > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Looking to buy a co2 tank for my 13 yo son. One site notes that 16oz is the
> best as it holds a lot of gas and is lighter than 20oz for kids. Read a lot
> about other accessories such as on/off valve, siphon tubes, angle brackets,
> o-rings, cylinder butts, etc.
>
> Want to know (1) what I need (2) what's handy and (3) what's a pure luxury.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks, guardsman

17 Jul 2004 13:12:30
Re: Newbie needs help with co2 tank