26 May 2004 02:54:28
TheMajor
OT: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

I am being told that paintball may never be in my future after this surgery
next week.

I don't like the sound of that at all.

26 May 2004 04:55:48
Mofaz
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

Well, that sucks!

--

Mofaz
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
"TheMajor" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I am being told that paintball may never be in my future after this
surgery
> next week.
>
> I don't like the sound of that at all.

26 May 2004 12:15:59
LCT Paintball
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

Horse pucky!

I've heard of people in wheel chairs playing. I'm sure you could play on
crutches, or something if you wanted to bad enough. Granted, you'll probably
have to change the style of play, but I'm sure you can make something work.

--
"Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
www.LCTPaintball.com

"TheMajor" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I am being told that paintball may never be in my future after this
surgery
> next week.
>
> I don't like the sound of that at all.

26 May 2004 14:33:40
J. Hoyt
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

> I've heard of people in wheel chairs playing. I'm sure you could play on
> crutches, or something if you wanted to bad enough. Granted, you'll
probably
> have to change the style of play, but I'm sure you can make something
work.

I used to play with a guy in a wheelchair years ago. His game was pretty
limited but he was still playing ball. A few years ago on paintball.com, I
read a story of a guy playing Novice NPPL and he had an artificial leg. I
wouldn't let a weasel'd up foot keep me from playing ball.

26 May 2004 16:12:25
Volt
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

Dammit, Major. After this surgery I'm gonna drive my happy ass all the way
to AZ and if I have to fucking carry you onto the field and run with your
fat ass on my back from bunker to bunker I'm gonna see to it that you get to
play. If it'll shut you the hell up after all the bullshit we've had to
listen to I'll be more than happy to make sure you play at least once.
;-)
--

Volt
www.liquimetal.com

"TheMajor" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I am being told that paintball may never be in my future after this
surgery
> next week.
>
> I don't like the sound of that at all.

26 May 2004 17:21:09
Re: OT: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

On 26-May-2004, "TheMajor" <[email protected] > wrote:

> I am being told that paintball may never be in my future after this
> surgery
> next week.
>
> I don't like the sound of that at all.

Well next time you go see the Doc, explain to him like I do my Doctor. You
hurt me, I'll slap you in return. Screw up and not get something right,
and I'll kill you.
--
john, TI2#003,
aka [email protected]<nospam >aol<stillnospam>.com<castratespammers>

26 May 2004 14:48:11
Insane Ranter
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

"TheMajor" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I am being told that paintball may never be in my future after this
surgery
> next week.
>
> I don't like the sound of that at all.

Is this you can't/won't be able to do.... or that they are telling you
shouldn't.

26 May 2004 15:40:25
Mofaz
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

Better you carry his fat ass than me. :-) I'll watch laughing from the
sidelines.

--

Mofaz
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
"Volt" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Dammit, Major. After this surgery I'm gonna drive my happy ass all the
way
> to AZ and if I have to fucking carry you onto the field and run with your
> fat ass on my back from bunker to bunker I'm gonna see to it that you get
> play. If it'll shut you the hell up after all the bullshit we've had to
> listen to I'll be more than happy to make sure you play at least once.
> ;-)
> --
>
> Volt
> www.liquimetal.com
> The search for truth is more precious than its possession.
> - Albert Einstein
>

> "TheMajor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I am being told that paintball may never be in my future after this
> surgery
> > next week.
> >
> > I don't like the sound of that at all.

26 May 2004 23:56:49
EdTheWard
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:3U%[email protected]_s51...
> Horse pucky!
>
> I've heard of people in wheel chairs playing. I'm sure you could play on
> crutches, or something if you wanted to bad enough. Granted, you'll
probably
> have to change the style of play, but I'm sure you can make something
work.

don't worry he has no style of play as he hasn't played yet, so he he can
start from step 1

27 May 2004 09:08:32
Big-T
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

it's been removed from my immediate future at least since my knee surgery

hence the eBay auction still going on for my Mag hehe

"TheMajor" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I am being told that paintball may never be in my future after this
surgery
> next week.
>
> I don't like the sound of that at all.

27 May 2004 12:32:28
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

On Thu, 27 May 2004 09:08:32 -0500, "Big-T" <[email protected] >
wrote:
>it's been removed from my immediate future at least since my knee surgery
>
>hence the eBay auction still going on for my Mag hehe
I never had my knee surgery, so the shards of my ACL are still in
tatters.

For a while I wore a brace, but I don't any more. If you play
competitive speed ball I guess it could be a problem. Otherwise you
just have to play a bit more carefully.

Sometimes my trick knee will give out, but I don't go racing around
and jumping over logs any more, so thats OK. I still get them more
then they get me. If they do get you just stay gotten; dont go
writhing around trying to get away. Just come back and play again
next game.

So recuperate for a bit, relax, and get ready to get back out there.
You should be able to play again at some level some day. Just got to
use your head when you do. I wouldnt sell the Mag unless you're just
planning on sitting in front of the TV the rest of your life. Why buy
another one a few months or a year or two from now? Unless its so you
can a better one when you back to it?

Swyck

27 May 2004 11:49:41
Big-T
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

<[email protected] > wrote in message

> So recuperate for a bit, relax, and get ready to get back out there.
> You should be able to play again at some level some day. Just got to
> use your head when you do. I wouldnt sell the Mag unless you're just
> planning on sitting in front of the TV the rest of your life. Why buy
> another one a few months or a year or two from now? Unless its so you
> can a better one when you back to it?

Why sell? Cuz I'm almost 42 years old and recouping takes a bit longer
than in the old days. Plus with a summer full of tennis tourneys (my 15
year old) and a 10 year old that stays busy I don't even have the time to
play in the foreseeable future.

I'd love to keep the Mag and will if it doesn't sell.........but I make
plenty of money and don't want it sitting around rotting. That's the worst
thing you can do to some types of markers. They work fine until they sit
for a year or two. I can always buy another one down the road.

27 May 2004 10:25:32
TheMajor
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

I appreciate all the encouragement you guys have been giving.

I guess at this point I'll just have to see how long it takes for me to
prove the doctor wrong and say "in your face!"

<[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Thu, 27 May 2004 09:08:32 -0500, "Big-T" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> >it's been removed from my immediate future at least since my knee surgery
> >
> >hence the eBay auction still going on for my Mag hehe
> I never had my knee surgery, so the shards of my ACL are still in
> tatters.
>
> For a while I wore a brace, but I don't any more. If you play
> competitive speed ball I guess it could be a problem. Otherwise you
> just have to play a bit more carefully.
>
> Sometimes my trick knee will give out, but I don't go racing around
> and jumping over logs any more, so thats OK. I still get them more
> then they get me. If they do get you just stay gotten; dont go
> writhing around trying to get away. Just come back and play again
> next game.
>
> So recuperate for a bit, relax, and get ready to get back out there.
> You should be able to play again at some level some day. Just got to
> use your head when you do. I wouldnt sell the Mag unless you're just
> planning on sitting in front of the TV the rest of your life. Why buy
> another one a few months or a year or two from now? Unless its so you
> can a better one when you back to it?
>
> Swyck

27 May 2004 13:07:31
Big-T
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

or if your doctor is like mine he might tell you what he told me
........... (assuming your doctor and you share a common interest in R/C
aircraft) hehe

......he said......."Truman, when you destroy all my work playing paintball
come back to the field and start flying with me again" hehehe

That guy......silly Aussy he is

"TheMajor" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I appreciate all the encouragement you guys have been giving.
>
> I guess at this point I'll just have to see how long it takes for me to
> prove the doctor wrong and say "in your face!"
>
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > On Thu, 27 May 2004 09:08:32 -0500, "Big-T" <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> > >it's been removed from my immediate future at least since my knee
surgery

> > >hence the eBay auction still going on for my Mag hehe
> > I never had my knee surgery, so the shards of my ACL are still in
> > tatters.
> >
> > For a while I wore a brace, but I don't any more. If you play
> > competitive speed ball I guess it could be a problem. Otherwise you
> > just have to play a bit more carefully.
> >
> > Sometimes my trick knee will give out, but I don't go racing around
> > and jumping over logs any more, so thats OK. I still get them more
> > then they get me. If they do get you just stay gotten; dont go
> > writhing around trying to get away. Just come back and play again
> > next game.
> >
> > So recuperate for a bit, relax, and get ready to get back out there.
> > You should be able to play again at some level some day. Just got to
> > use your head when you do. I wouldnt sell the Mag unless you're just
> > planning on sitting in front of the TV the rest of your life. Why buy
> > another one a few months or a year or two from now? Unless its so you
> > can a better one when you back to it?
> >
> > Swyck

27 May 2004 13:02:52
Randy Given
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

Have URLs for your auctions? Thanks!

28 May 2004 02:02:23
TheMajor
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

Hmm... R/C Aircraft is something I've always wanted to get into as well as
paintball.

"Big-T" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> or if your doctor is like mine he might tell you what he told me
> ........... (assuming your doctor and you share a common interest in R/C
> aircraft) hehe
>
> ......he said......."Truman, when you destroy all my work playing
paintball
> come back to the field and start flying with me again" hehehe
>
> That guy......silly Aussy he is

> "TheMajor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I appreciate all the encouragement you guys have been giving.
> >
> > I guess at this point I'll just have to see how long it takes for me to
> > prove the doctor wrong and say "in your face!"
> >
> > <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> surgery

> > > I never had my knee surgery, so the shards of my ACL are still in
> > > tatters.
> > >
> > > For a while I wore a brace, but I don't any more. If you play
> > > competitive speed ball I guess it could be a problem. Otherwise you
> > > just have to play a bit more carefully.
> > >
> > > Sometimes my trick knee will give out, but I don't go racing around
> > > and jumping over logs any more, so thats OK. I still get them more
> > > then they get me. If they do get you just stay gotten; dont go
> > > writhing around trying to get away. Just come back and play again
> > > next game.
> > >
> > > So recuperate for a bit, relax, and get ready to get back out there.
> > > You should be able to play again at some level some day. Just got to
> > > use your head when you do. I wouldnt sell the Mag unless you're just
> > > planning on sitting in front of the TV the rest of your life. Why buy
> > > another one a few months or a year or two from now? Unless its so you
> > > can a better one when you back to it?
> > >
> > > Swyck

28 May 2004 09:30:32
Big-T
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3679166882

The above link is for my Pro Team Micromag. Looks like it's bright and
colorful......and it is colorful but it's much darker in person than it
shows up in the picture. Check the link provided in the auction ad to show
a more accurate, but still much brighter color scheme.

It's an extremely sweet and fast shooting marker that has been taken care
of with kid gloves......and hasn't been used that much.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at the addy in the auction
ad.

"Randy Given" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Have URLs for your auctions? Thanks!

28 May 2004 10:08:56
Big-T
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

don't do it!!!! LOL

it's more addictive than crack and about as expensive hehe

"TheMajor" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hmm... R/C Aircraft is something I've always wanted to get into as well
as
> paintball.
>
> "Big-T" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > or if your doctor is like mine he might tell you what he told me
> > ........... (assuming your doctor and you share a common interest in
R/C
> > aircraft) hehe
> >
> > ......he said......."Truman, when you destroy all my work playing
> paintball
> > come back to the field and start flying with me again" hehehe
> >
> > That guy......silly Aussy he is

> > "TheMajor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > I appreciate all the encouragement you guys have been giving.
> > >
> > > I guess at this point I'll just have to see how long it takes for me
> > > prove the doctor wrong and say "in your face!"
> > >
> > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> > surgery

28 May 2004 11:51:17
Randy Given
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

> don't do it!!!! LOL
>
> it's more addictive than crack and about as expensive hehe
>
> "TheMajor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Hmm... R/C Aircraft is something I've always wanted to get into as well
> as
> > paintball.

How about RC paintball?

28 May 2004 11:21:37
Big-T
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

"Randy Given" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> > don't do it!!!! LOL
> >
> > it's more addictive than crack and about as expensive hehe
> >
> > "TheMajor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Hmm... R/C Aircraft is something I've always wanted to get into as
well
> > as
> > > paintball.
>
> How about RC paintball?

RC paintball decoys yes!! :)

28 May 2004 15:41:30
Jeff Goslin
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

R/C aircraft is about ten times more expensive than paintball. I looked
into it myself, and the cheapest of cheap RC aircraft is like a grand or
something.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

"TheMajor" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hmm... R/C Aircraft is something I've always wanted to get into as well as
> paintball.
>
> "Big-T" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > or if your doctor is like mine he might tell you what he told me
> > ........... (assuming your doctor and you share a common interest in R/C
> > aircraft) hehe
> >
> > ......he said......."Truman, when you destroy all my work playing
> paintball
> > come back to the field and start flying with me again" hehehe
> >
> > That guy......silly Aussy he is

> > "TheMajor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > I appreciate all the encouragement you guys have been giving.
> > >
> > > I guess at this point I'll just have to see how long it takes for me
> > > prove the doctor wrong and say "in your face!"
> > >
> > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> > surgery

28 May 2004 15:24:22
Big-T
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

yup to get into it right you're talking 750.00 at least for a basic setup
trainer type plane.

It was 500.00 for a decent setup 10+ years ago when I did it

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> R/C aircraft is about ten times more expensive than paintball. I looked
> into it myself, and the cheapest of cheap RC aircraft is like a grand or
> something.
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> It's not a god complex when you're always right

28 May 2004 17:17:25
Jeff Goslin
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

Isn't there other costs involved? Isn't that price you quoted just for the
PLANE itself? I was under the impression you needed to further spend
another X bucks on the radio controller itself(another 200), and 50 bucks on
assorted other crap?

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

"Big-T" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> yup to get into it right you're talking 750.00 at least for a basic setup
> trainer type plane.
>
> It was 500.00 for a decent setup 10+ years ago when I did it
>

> "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > R/C aircraft is about ten times more expensive than paintball. I looked
> > into it myself, and the cheapest of cheap RC aircraft is like a grand or
> > something.
> >
> > --
> > Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> > It's not a god complex when you're always right

28 May 2004 19:00:55
Big-T
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

no you can buy a cheap ARF (Almost Ready To Fly) kit and a motor,
fuel.......starter and 4 channel radio for that.

What gets you is getting hooked and then going out and spending a grand on a
larger plane, and that "might" include the larger engine needed to power it.
There are these new aerobatic "3D" planes that you can tie up 12-1500 bucks
in quick.

I always flew the higher end stuff with retractable gear and tuned pipes,
hot motors etc etc...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:7Kudne2ieqXlNirdRV[email protected]
> Isn't there other costs involved? Isn't that price you quoted just for
the
> PLANE itself? I was under the impression you needed to further spend
> another X bucks on the radio controller itself(another 200), and 50 bucks
on
> assorted other crap?
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> It's not a god complex when you're always right
>

> "Big-T" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > yup to get into it right you're talking 750.00 at least for a basic
setup
> > trainer type plane.
> >
> > It was 500.00 for a decent setup 10+ years ago when I did it
> >

> > "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > R/C aircraft is about ten times more expensive than paintball. I
looked
> > > into it myself, and the cheapest of cheap RC aircraft is like a grand
or
> > > something.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> > > It's not a god complex when you're always right

28 May 2004 18:59:20
Mofaz
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

Why not just take flight lessons, get hooked on flying, then buy yourself an
airplane you can sit in and fly?

--

Mofaz
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
"Big-T" <[email protected]_RID_bellsouth_OF_THIS.net > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> no you can buy a cheap ARF (Almost Ready To Fly) kit and a motor,
> fuel.......starter and 4 channel radio for that.
>
> What gets you is getting hooked and then going out and spending a grand on
> larger plane, and that "might" include the larger engine needed to power
it.
> There are these new aerobatic "3D" planes that you can tie up 12-1500
bucks
> in quick.
>
> I always flew the higher end stuff with retractable gear and tuned pipes,
> hot motors etc etc...
>
> $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
>
> "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Isn't there other costs involved? Isn't that price you quoted just for
> the
> > PLANE itself? I was under the impression you needed to further spend
> > another X bucks on the radio controller itself(another 200), and 50
bucks
> on
> > assorted other crap?
> >
> > --
> > Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> > It's not a god complex when you're always right
> >

> > "Big-T" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > yup to get into it right you're talking 750.00 at least for a basic
> setup
> > > trainer type plane.
> > >
> > > It was 500.00 for a decent setup 10+ years ago when I did it
> > >

> > > "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> looked
> or

28 May 2004 19:15:38
TheMajor
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

Actually I can get a Piper Trainer for under $100, ready to fly out of the
box - electric though.

"Big-T" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> don't do it!!!! LOL
>
> it's more addictive than crack and about as expensive hehe
>
> "TheMajor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Hmm... R/C Aircraft is something I've always wanted to get into as well
> as
> > paintball.
> >
> > "Big-T" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > or if your doctor is like mine he might tell you what he told me
> > > ........... (assuming your doctor and you share a common interest in
> R/C
> > > aircraft) hehe
> > >
> > > ......he said......."Truman, when you destroy all my work playing
> > paintball
> > > come back to the field and start flying with me again" hehehe
> > >
> > > That guy......silly Aussy he is

> > > "TheMajor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]

> > > surgery

> there.
> just
> buy
> you

28 May 2004 19:17:00
TheMajor
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

The plne I can get is a piper trainer, 3 channel... comes with charger and
controller. You can get replacement parts for it if you crash it.

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Isn't there other costs involved? Isn't that price you quoted just for
the
> PLANE itself? I was under the impression you needed to further spend
> another X bucks on the radio controller itself(another 200), and 50 bucks
on
> assorted other crap?
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> It's not a god complex when you're always right
>

> "Big-T" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > yup to get into it right you're talking 750.00 at least for a basic
setup
> > trainer type plane.
> >
> > It was 500.00 for a decent setup 10+ years ago when I did it
> >

> > "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > R/C aircraft is about ten times more expensive than paintball. I
looked
> > > into it myself, and the cheapest of cheap RC aircraft is like a grand
or
> > > something.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> > > It's not a god complex when you're always right

28 May 2004 19:19:00
TheMajor
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

Hmm... like harrier or F/18 ?

PICTURES TO COME! I spent the last 3 hours at WIlliams Gateway airport -
they taxi'd and parkeda harrier, no, FOUR of them right in front of us
(about 30 feet away)

"Mofaz" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Why not just take flight lessons, get hooked on flying, then buy yourself
an
> airplane you can sit in and fly?
>
> --
>
> Mofaz
> "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
> - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
> "Big-T" <[email protected]_RID_bellsouth_OF_THIS.net> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > no you can buy a cheap ARF (Almost Ready To Fly) kit and a motor,
> > fuel.......starter and 4 channel radio for that.
> >
> > What gets you is getting hooked and then going out and spending a grand
on
> > larger plane, and that "might" include the larger engine needed to power
> it.
> > There are these new aerobatic "3D" planes that you can tie up 12-1500
> bucks
> > in quick.
> >
> > I always flew the higher end stuff with retractable gear and tuned
pipes,
> > hot motors etc etc...
> >
> > $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
> >
> > "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Isn't there other costs involved? Isn't that price you quoted just
for
> > the
> > > PLANE itself? I was under the impression you needed to further spend
> > > another X bucks on the radio controller itself(another 200), and 50
> bucks
> > on
> > > assorted other crap?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> > > It's not a god complex when you're always right
> > >

> > > "Big-T" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> > setup

> > looked
> grand
> > or

29 May 2004 02:42:09
LCT Paintball
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

> I always flew the higher end stuff with retractable gear and tuned pipes,
> hot motors etc etc...

I don't know anything about that stuff, but a friend of mine owns J&A
Engineering. They build exhausts. http://www.j-aengineering.com/page2.html

28 May 2004 20:06:09
Mofaz
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

Cool! Just last Sunday I was out flying (recreationally) in that area. I
was in the pattern for runway 12R when I was told by Gateway Tower to extend
my pattern to allow for separation between myself and 2 F/A-18 Hornets
landing ahead of me on the same runway. Neat sight to see them land. Then,
not 10 minutes later a C-130 was coming in hot on 12C, practicing short
takeoffs and landings. Those things are fun to watch from the air. They're
also suprisingly very quiet if you're on the ground observing one take off
and land or pass overhead.

--

Mofaz
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
"TheMajor" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hmm... like harrier or F/18 ?
>
> PICTURES TO COME! I spent the last 3 hours at WIlliams Gateway airport -
> they taxi'd and parkeda harrier, no, FOUR of them right in front of us
> (about 30 feet away)
>

> "Mofaz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Why not just take flight lessons, get hooked on flying, then buy
yourself
> an
> > airplane you can sit in and fly?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Mofaz
> > "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
> > - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
> > "Big-T" <[email protected]_RID_bellsouth_OF_THIS.net> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > no you can buy a cheap ARF (Almost Ready To Fly) kit and a motor,
> > > fuel.......starter and 4 channel radio for that.
> > >
> > > What gets you is getting hooked and then going out and spending a
grand
> on
> > > larger plane, and that "might" include the larger engine needed to
power
> > it.
> > > There are these new aerobatic "3D" planes that you can tie up 12-1500
> > bucks
> > > in quick.
> > >
> > > I always flew the higher end stuff with retractable gear and tuned
> pipes,
> > > hot motors etc etc...
> > >
> > > $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
> > >
> > > "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> for
> > > the
> > bucks
> > > on

> > > setup

> > > looked
> > grand
> > > or

28 May 2004 21:40:47
TheMajor
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

"Mofaz" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Cool! Just last Sunday I was out flying (recreationally) in that area. I
> was in the pattern for runway 12R when I was told by Gateway Tower to
extend
> my pattern to allow for separation between myself and 2 F/A-18 Hornets
> landing ahead of me on the same runway. Neat sight to see them land.
Then,
> not 10 minutes later a C-130 was coming in hot on 12C, practicing short
> takeoffs and landings. Those things are fun to watch from the air.
They're
> also suprisingly very quiet if you're on the ground observing one take off
> and land or pass overhead.

http://www.pittweb.com/wgairport/

The pictures taken today ar a bit big... but OH MAN! That is *THE* first
time I've ever been close to a harrier! Hell it's the first time 've ever
ACTUALLY seen a harrier in real life!

Mofaz email me when you can... have a question to ask.

29 May 2004 01:23:50
Jeff Goslin
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

Whatchumean "if" you crash it? Isn't that a mathematical certainty?

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

"TheMajor" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> The plne I can get is a piper trainer, 3 channel... comes with charger and
> controller. You can get replacement parts for it if you crash it.
>
> "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Isn't there other costs involved? Isn't that price you quoted just for
> the
> > PLANE itself? I was under the impression you needed to further spend
> > another X bucks on the radio controller itself(another 200), and 50
bucks
> on
> > assorted other crap?
> >
> > --
> > Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> > It's not a god complex when you're always right
> >

> > "Big-T" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > yup to get into it right you're talking 750.00 at least for a basic
> setup
> > > trainer type plane.
> > >
> > > It was 500.00 for a decent setup 10+ years ago when I did it
> > >

> > > "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> looked
> or

29 May 2004 07:17:19
TONY SR.
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

T....I will give you 150.00
mmmuuumm maybe....it don't look so good to me that's why...
gee 41 and quitting paINTBALL....don't be a wussey !

where is your idol ? you know...RONNIN !! sorry to see you leave us...we
will miss you and your copy cat ways...

--
www.paintball-amargio1.com
"Big-T" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> > So recuperate for a bit, relax, and get ready to get back out there.
> > You should be able to play again at some level some day. Just got to
> > use your head when you do. I wouldnt sell the Mag unless you're just
> > planning on sitting in front of the TV the rest of your life. Why buy
> > another one a few months or a year or two from now? Unless its so you
> > can a better one when you back to it?
>
> Why sell? Cuz I'm almost 42 years old and recouping takes a bit longer
> than in the old days. Plus with a summer full of tennis tourneys (my 15
> year old) and a 10 year old that stays busy I don't even have the time to
> play in the foreseeable future.
>
> I'd love to keep the Mag and will if it doesn't sell.........but I make
> plenty of money and don't want it sitting around rotting. That's the
worst
> thing you can do to some types of markers. They work fine until they sit
> for a year or two. I can always buy another one down the road.

29 May 2004 11:47:29
Lee Drake
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

I saw some at an airshow once, they are powerful, scary looking and cool
birds... :)

Cheers
Firefly

29 May 2004 06:23:52
TheMajor
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

I hadn't seen them up close when they landed, but they had to come straight
into the runway instead of the way they CAN land (vertically), but they come
in pretty slow though. Awesome sight. And the engines don;t roar the way you
thing... they have a VERY high pitched whine to them... almost like an
old-style syren.

"Lee Drake" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> I saw some at an airshow once, they are powerful, scary looking and cool
> birds... :)
>
> Cheers
> Firefly

29 May 2004 06:24:42
TheMajor
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

LOL, probably... the hobby shop my buddy works at has a whole section for
replacement psrta... mostly the top wing, and the propellers.

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Whatchumean "if" you crash it? Isn't that a mathematical certainty?
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> It's not a god complex when you're always right
>

> "TheMajor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > The plne I can get is a piper trainer, 3 channel... comes with charger
and
> > controller. You can get replacement parts for it if you crash it.
> >
> > "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Isn't there other costs involved? Isn't that price you quoted just
for
> > the
> > > PLANE itself? I was under the impression you needed to further spend
> > > another X bucks on the radio controller itself(another 200), and 50
> bucks
> > on
> > > assorted other crap?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> > > It's not a god complex when you're always right
> > >

> > > "Big-T" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> > setup

> > looked
> grand
> > or

28 May 2004 22:30:24
Randy Given
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

But fuel is a heck of a lot cheaper than paint!

29 May 2004 09:15:44
Randy Given
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

> The pictures taken today ar a bit big... but OH MAN! That is *THE* first
> time I've ever been close to a harrier! Hell it's the first time 've ever
> ACTUALLY seen a harrier in real life!

Seen them at an airshow -- vertical takeoff and landing is LOUD (at least
with the highly controlled low-velocity ones).

29 May 2004 10:08:51
Big-T
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

I had several planes I never crashed :)

but I was "that" good <snork >

had a few I did "re-kit" (as we say in the hobby) though hehe

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Whatchumean "if" you crash it? Isn't that a mathematical certainty?
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> It's not a god complex when you're always right
>

> "TheMajor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > The plne I can get is a piper trainer, 3 channel... comes with charger
and
> > controller. You can get replacement parts for it if you crash it.
> >
> > "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Isn't there other costs involved? Isn't that price you quoted just
for
> > the
> > > PLANE itself? I was under the impression you needed to further spend
> > > another X bucks on the radio controller itself(another 200), and 50
> bucks
> > on
> > > assorted other crap?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> > > It's not a god complex when you're always right
> > >

> > > "Big-T" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]orp.supernews.com...
> > setup

> > looked
> grand
> > or

29 May 2004 10:09:28
Big-T
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

I ain't goin no where

"TONY SR." <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> T....I will give you 150.00
> mmmuuumm maybe....it don't look so good to me that's why...
> gee 41 and quitting paINTBALL....don't be a wussey !
>
> where is your idol ? you know...RONNIN !! sorry to see you leave us...we
> will miss you and your copy cat ways...
>
> --
> www.paintball-amargio1.com
> "Big-T" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > > So recuperate for a bit, relax, and get ready to get back out there.
> > > You should be able to play again at some level some day. Just got to
> > > use your head when you do. I wouldnt sell the Mag unless you're just
> > > planning on sitting in front of the TV the rest of your life. Why buy
> > > another one a few months or a year or two from now? Unless its so you
> > > can a better one when you back to it?
> >
> > Why sell? Cuz I'm almost 42 years old and recouping takes a bit longer
> > than in the old days. Plus with a summer full of tennis tourneys (my 15
> > year old) and a 10 year old that stays busy I don't even have the time
> > play in the foreseeable future.
> >
> > I'd love to keep the Mag and will if it doesn't sell.........but I make
> > plenty of money and don't want it sitting around rotting. That's the
> worst
> > thing you can do to some types of markers. They work fine until they
sit
> > for a year or two. I can always buy another one down the road.

29 May 2004 10:10:11
Big-T
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

that's not real RC though

not because it's electric..............just cuz us serious RC snobs says it
ain't ;)

"TheMajor" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Actually I can get a Piper Trainer for under $100, ready to fly out of the
> box - electric though.
>
> "Big-T" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > don't do it!!!! LOL
> >
> > it's more addictive than crack and about as expensive hehe
> >
> > "TheMajor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Hmm... R/C Aircraft is something I've always wanted to get into as
well
> > as
> > > paintball.
> > >
> > > "Big-T" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> > R/C

> > > paintball

<[email protected] >

> you

> around
> more

> > there.
> > just
Why
> > buy
> > you

30 May 2004 01:16:12
Insane Ranter
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

Get a helicopter or tank with BB/paint ball guns on it... muhahaha

"TheMajor" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hmm... R/C Aircraft is something I've always wanted to get into as well as
> paintball.
>
> "Big-T" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > or if your doctor is like mine he might tell you what he told me
> > ........... (assuming your doctor and you share a common interest in R/C
> > aircraft) hehe
> >
> > ......he said......."Truman, when you destroy all my work playing
> paintball
> > come back to the field and start flying with me again" hehehe
> >
> > That guy......silly Aussy he is

> > "TheMajor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > I appreciate all the encouragement you guys have been giving.
> > >
> > > I guess at this point I'll just have to see how long it takes for me
> > > prove the doctor wrong and say "in your face!"
> > >
> > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> > surgery

31 May 2004 01:59:41
LCT Paintball
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

I have a friend with a helicopter. He's never had it over 10 feet off the
ground. He says that controlling it is like balancing 2 basketballs on top
of each other.

--
"Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
www.LCTPaintball.com
www.LCTProducts.com

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Get a helicopter or tank with BB/paint ball guns on it... muhahaha
>
> "TheMajor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Hmm... R/C Aircraft is something I've always wanted to get into as well
as
> > paintball.
> >
> > "Big-T" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > or if your doctor is like mine he might tell you what he told me
> > > ........... (assuming your doctor and you share a common interest in
R/C
> > > aircraft) hehe
> > >
> > > ......he said......."Truman, when you destroy all my work playing
> > paintball
> > > come back to the field and start flying with me again" hehehe
> > >
> > > That guy......silly Aussy he is

> > > "TheMajor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]

> > > surgery

> just
> buy
> you

31 May 2004 03:26:47
Phelps
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

In article <[email protected]_s53 >,
"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > wrote:

> I have a friend with a helicopter. He's never had it over 10 feet off the
> ground. He says that controlling it is like balancing 2 basketballs on top
> of each other.

I saw an AH-64 documentary on the Hitler Channel where an Apache
pilot summed it up best. "Airplane pilots will tell you that flying a
plane is like swimming through the air. Flying a helo is nothing like
that. We beat the air into submission."

--
Phelps <http://www.donotremove.netcolor=#0000FF> >
"You better slap a muzzle on that scaled down piece of evil." -- Space Ghost

30 May 2004 20:48:28
Mofaz
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

LOL! It's so true!

Ah... the Hitler Channel??

--

Mofaz
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
"Phelps" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]_s53>,
> "LCT Paintball" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I have a friend with a helicopter. He's never had it over 10 feet off
the
> > ground. He says that controlling it is like balancing 2 basketballs on
top
> > of each other.
>
> I saw an AH-64 documentary on the Hitler Channel where an Apache
> pilot summed it up best. "Airplane pilots will tell you that flying a
> plane is like swimming through the air. Flying a helo is nothing like
> that. We beat the air into submission."
>
> --
> Phelps <http://www.donotremove.net>
> "You better slap a muzzle on that scaled down piece of evil." -- Space
Ghost

31 May 2004 04:25:14
Jeff Goslin
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

Oh yeah, totally dude... that guy is like ratings GOLD for the History
Channel! Hitler and Goebbel and Mengele, Oh My!

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

"Mofaz" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> LOL! It's so true!
>
> Ah... the Hitler Channel??
>
> --
>
> Mofaz
> "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
> - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
> "Phelps" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > In article <[email protected]_s53>,
> > "LCT Paintball" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > I have a friend with a helicopter. He's never had it over 10 feet off
> the
> > > ground. He says that controlling it is like balancing 2 basketballs on
> top
> > > of each other.
> >
> > I saw an AH-64 documentary on the Hitler Channel where an Apache
> > pilot summed it up best. "Airplane pilots will tell you that flying a
> > plane is like swimming through the air. Flying a helo is nothing like
> > that. We beat the air into submission."
> >
> > --
> > Phelps <http://www.donotremove.net>
> > "You better slap a muzzle on that scaled down piece of evil." -- Space
> Ghost

31 May 2004 15:40:10
Big-T
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

Discovery Wings for me :)

cept when that stupid Airport show is on..........I like the warbird shows
and WWII Pilot shows

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Oh yeah, totally dude... that guy is like ratings GOLD for the History
> Channel! Hitler and Goebbel and Mengele, Oh My!
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> It's not a god complex when you're always right
>

> "Mofaz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > LOL! It's so true!
> >
> > Ah... the Hitler Channel??
> >
> > --
> >
> > Mofaz
> > "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
> > - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
> > "Phelps" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]

> > the
> > top
> > >
> > > I saw an AH-64 documentary on the Hitler Channel where an Apache
> > > pilot summed it up best. "Airplane pilots will tell you that flying a
> > > plane is like swimming through the air. Flying a helo is nothing like
> > > that. We beat the air into submission."
> > >
> > > --
> > > Phelps <http://www.donotremove.net>
> > > "You better slap a muzzle on that scaled down piece of evil." --
Space
> > Ghost

31 May 2004 21:24:37
Phelps
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

In article <[email protected] >,
"Mofaz" <[email protected] > wrote:

> LOL! It's so true!
>
> Ah... the Hitler Channel??

The History Channel. Every other show seems to be about Hitler.

--
Phelps <http://www.donotremove.netcolor=#0000FF> >
"You better slap a muzzle on that scaled down piece of evil." -- Space Ghost

31 May 2004 20:58:44
Insane Ranter
Re: Paintball Possibly Plonked!

"Phelps" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Mofaz" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > LOL! It's so true!
> >
> > Ah... the Hitler Channel??
>
> The History Channel. Every other show seems to be about Hitler.

Well considering every other show is about WW2 why would you think
differently?.