12 Apr 2007 21:12:13
Nobby
Off topic

When is your American remembrance day for the end of the Vietnam war?

--
Nobby

Never let the bastards grind you down...
Think positive and get even!!!

http://nobbyondanet-pics.magix.net/

12 Apr 2007 21:10:50
Jeff Goslin
Re: Off topic

We don't remember that war. It never happened. Seriously, it's been erased
from our national consciousness. If it weren't, we wouldn't be making the
same mistakes that we made in Vietnam all over again in Iraq. ;)

Memorial Day, sometime in the middle of may(?) is the day when we remember
our fallen soldiers in all wars. Europeans have their Remembrance Day or
Armistice Day, November 11(at 11am), and it's the same concept. However,
ask any american WHY it's the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month,
and they will (generally speaking) have no clue. Unless they look it up on
Wikipedia, like everyone reading this post is about to do and then claim
they knew all along. Yeah right, this bunch of retards actually knowing
something that the rest of the world knows? HA! As if...

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD
www.goslin.info

"Nobby" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> When is your American remembrance day for the end of the Vietnam war?
>
> --
> Nobby
>
> Never let the bastards grind you down...
> Think positive and get even!!!
>
> http://nobbyondanet-pics.magix.net/

12 Apr 2007 22:35:57
Tom Greening
Re: Off topic

Jeff Goslin wrote:
> We don't remember that war. It never happened. Seriously, it's been erased
> from our national consciousness. If it weren't, we wouldn't be making the
> same mistakes that we made in Vietnam all over again in Iraq. ;)
>
> Memorial Day, sometime in the middle of may(?) is the day when we remember
> our fallen soldiers in all wars. Europeans have their Remembrance Day or
> Armistice Day, November 11(at 11am), and it's the same concept. However,
> ask any american WHY it's the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month,
> and they will (generally speaking) have no clue. Unless they look it up on
> Wikipedia, like everyone reading this post is about to do and then claim
> they knew all along. Yeah right, this bunch of retards actually knowing
> something that the rest of the world knows? HA! As if...

Doesn't it have something to do with the french? Yeah, that's it, french.

13 Apr 2007 06:42:05
Nobby
Re: Off topic

That's really fucked up how so many brave people including the Vietnamese
can have their history shunned by their own nation. That's really sad!!!

> We don't remember that war. It never happened. Seriously, it's been
> erased from our national consciousness.

--
Nobby

Never let the bastards grind you down...
Think positive and get even!!!

http://nobbyondanet-pics.magix.net/

13 Apr 2007 10:26:33
Tom Greening
Re: Off topic

Nobby wrote:
> That's really fucked up how so many brave people including the Vietnamese
> can have their history shunned by their own nation. That's really sad!!!
>

>> We don't remember that war. It never happened. Seriously, it's been
>> erased from our national consciousness.

Actually, of any of the "old" wars vietnam is probably remembered the
best. This country has beat that event into the GROUND, to the point
that I got sick to death of hearing about the vietnam war, the pow's,
the mia's, the protests, how horrible the soldiers were, how BAD the
soldiers had it there AND when they got home.

Unfortunately there were enough soldiers to play the "poor us" card that
the thing ended up getting way more attention than it deserved.

Don't get me wrong, it was a bad deal for all those concerned, including
the soldiers stuck in it, but my point is WHAT made it so special as
compared to the korean war, WWI or WWII?

You didn't hear THOSE guys pissing and moaning. You didn't hear THOSE
guys pissing and moaning saying, "yeah, those other wars were bad, but
mine was "special".

War is the shit, for everybody, but the vietnam war deserved no special
attention over any of the others.

13 Apr 2007 21:18:20
Nobby
Re: Off topic

Your right but also wrong, as I don't hear about the no hero's welcome for
the WW1, WW2 or the Gulf returns, but it's all fucked up when people treat
their own town folk like shit. It's not the soldiers fault they are where
they are it the Government's for sending them to their deaths.

--
Nobby

Never let the bastards grind you down...
Think positive and get even!!!

http://nobbyondanet-pics.magix.net/

"Tom Greening" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Nobby wrote:
>> That's really fucked up how so many brave people including the Vietnamese
>> can have their history shunned by their own nation. That's really sad!!!
>>

>>> We don't remember that war. It never happened. Seriously, it's been
>>> erased from our national consciousness.
>>

> Actually, of any of the "old" wars vietnam is probably remembered the
> best. This country has beat that event into the GROUND, to the point that
> I got sick to death of hearing about the vietnam war, the pow's, the
> mia's, the protests, how horrible the soldiers were, how BAD the soldiers
> had it there AND when they got home.
>

> Unfortunately there were enough soldiers to play the "poor us" card that
> the thing ended up getting way more attention than it deserved.
>
> Don't get me wrong, it was a bad deal for all those concerned, including
> the soldiers stuck in it, but my point is WHAT made it so special as
> compared to the korean war, WWI or WWII?
>
> You didn't hear THOSE guys pissing and moaning. You didn't hear THOSE
> guys pissing and moaning saying, "yeah, those other wars were bad, but
> mine was "special".
>
> War is the shit, for everybody, but the vietnam war deserved no special
> attention over any of the others.

14 Apr 2007 05:51:23
crushdbox
Re: Off topic

"Nobby" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> When is your American remembrance day for the end of the Vietnam war?
>
> --
> Nobby
>
> Never let the bastards grind you down...
> Think positive and get even!!!
>
> http://nobbyondanet-pics.magix.net/

very nice;)))
http://click.adultsingles.com/partner/click.asp?id=72473&site=ads&typ=click
<<<<
at first I was surprised, honestly

14 Apr 2007 05:50:41
DeSToRy7
Re: Off topic

On Apr 12, 11:12 pm, "Nobby" <[email protected] > wrote:
> When is your American remembrance day for the end of the Vietnam war?
>
> --
> Nobby
>
> Never let the bastards grind you down...
> Think positive and get even!!!
>
> http://nobbyondanet-pics.magix.net/

its memorial day the 30th of may and if that was a vet that say
something along the lines of middle of may i think should be ashamed.
there is no actual holiday or rememberance for vietham conflict it was
technically never a classified war. thus no holiday but we americans
remember fallen uniformed service members on vetrans day and memorial
day.

17 Apr 2007 08:52:16
pukindog
Re: Off topic

On Apr 13, 1:42 am, "Nobby" <[email protected] > wrote:
> That's really fucked up how so many brave people including the Vietnamese
> can have their history shunned by their own nation. That's really sad!!!

The history is not being shunned. Understand that we don't have
specific Holidays for any of the many wars in which we have been
involved - we do have days of rememberence for all of our veterans,
regardless of which war. You shouldn't come away with the impression
that the Vietnam War has been singled out and forgotten.
In my opinion the Vietnam War Memorial in Washington D.C. is the most
stunning of any of the Memorials. It actually list the names of the 50
thousand Americans killed in the conflict, and impact of seeing it in
person is much greater than the impact of the other war memorials. The
war had a profound effect on this country, and no one has forgotten
it.

Billy Goodman
www.pukindogspaintball.com

17 Apr 2007 21:13:57
Nobby
Re: Off topic

The memorial would be on my to do list if I go to America one day, and I
have the deepest sympathy to any families bearing lost ones....Nobby

--
Nobby

Never let the bastards grind you down...
Think positive and get even!!!

http://nobbyondanet-pics.magix.net/

"pukindog" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Apr 13, 1:42 am, "Nobby" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> That's really fucked up how so many brave people including the Vietnamese
>> can have their history shunned by their own nation. That's really sad!!!
>

> The history is not being shunned. Understand that we don't have
> specific Holidays for any of the many wars in which we have been
> involved - we do have days of rememberence for all of our veterans,
> regardless of which war. You shouldn't come away with the impression
> that the Vietnam War has been singled out and forgotten.
> In my opinion the Vietnam War Memorial in Washington D.C. is the most
> stunning of any of the Memorials. It actually list the names of the 50
> thousand Americans killed in the conflict, and impact of seeing it in
> person is much greater than the impact of the other war memorials. The
> war had a profound effect on this country, and no one has forgotten
> it.
>
> Billy Goodman
> www.pukindogspaintball.com

17 Apr 2007 19:20:17
Jeff Goslin
Re: Off topic

Not fer nothin, but it's one of the less interesting things in our nation's
capital, unless you're a vet of the war, in which case, it holds more
significance than to a normal average joe.