27 May 2004 22:06:01
Dan O'Connor
Question About Steel Braided Hoses Built Into The Tippmann 98 Custom

Hi, I was thinking about unscrewing the CO2 adaptor out of the bottom of the
grip of my gun, and letting it hang, as it would get in the way less because
I use a remote line. But I was wondering if this is ok to do or if it is
too damaging to the steel brades bottom line because of all the motion that
it would go through. Thanks.

27 May 2004 18:25:48
Cybershark
Re: Question About Steel Braided Hoses Built Into The Tippmann 98 Custom

you can actually buy a remote hose that is just a long length of steel
braid...so you're not gonna hurt it...the other thing you may wanna consider
would be just removing the rest of the bottomline and permanently connecting
your remote or adding a quick disconnect to make converting from one style
to the other easier...
Ken
"Dan O'Connor" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hi, I was thinking about unscrewing the CO2 adaptor out of the bottom of
the
> grip of my gun, and letting it hang, as it would get in the way less
because
> I use a remote line. But I was wondering if this is ok to do or if it is
> too damaging to the steel brades bottom line because of all the motion
that
> it would go through. Thanks.

28 May 2004 15:01:27
Chris Phillipo
Re: Question About Steel Braided Hoses Built Into The Tippmann 98 Custom

In article <[email protected] >, dsoc21
@nycap.rr.com says...
> Hi, I was thinking about unscrewing the CO2 adaptor out of the bottom of the
> grip of my gun, and letting it hang, as it would get in the way less because
> I use a remote line. But I was wondering if this is ok to do or if it is
> too damaging to the steel brades bottom line because of all the motion that
> it would go through. Thanks.

Should be ok, if you attach a tank to it you will likely damage the
brass threads in the valve of the gun but with no weight on it it should
be fine. The 98 sniper actually just has the remote line screwed into
the valve directly.
--
http://www.ramsays-online.com