10 Dec 2007 18:16:16
Scout Lady
Remote Coil Question

I would like to buy my son a remote coil for his paintball gun. He has a
Tippmann 98 Custom Pro ACT E-Grip marker. Sometimes he uses CO2 and
sometimes I think he uses compressed air. Is there any particular brand of
coil that is the best and if not what should I look for before purchasing
one?

10 Dec 2007 18:19:00
Scout Lady
Re: Remote Coil Question

"Scout Lady" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I would like to buy my son a remote coil for his paintball gun. He has a
>Tippmann 98 Custom Pro ACT E-Grip marker. Sometimes he uses CO2 and
>sometimes I think he uses compressed air. Is there any particular brand of
>coil that is the best and if not what should I look for before purchasing
>one?
Sorry, one more question...He also has a Spyder (not sure of the model but
is all chrome and came with 2 barrels, was about $199). Are these coils
universal or would he need a second coil if he chose to use the Spyder?

10 Dec 2007 15:38:39
BEEFJERKYHUNTER
Re: Remote Coil Question

On Dec 10, 4:19 pm, "Scout Lady" <[email protected] > wrote:
> "Scout Lady" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]>I would like to buy my son a remote coil for his paintball gun. He has a
> >Tippmann 98 Custom Pro ACT E-Grip marker. Sometimes he uses CO2 and
> >sometimes I think he uses compressed air. Is there any particular brand of
> >coil that is the best and if not what should I look for before purchasing
> >one?
>
> Sorry, one more question...He also has a Spyder (not sure of the model but
> is all chrome and came with 2 barrels, was about $199). Are these coils
> universal or would he need a second coil if he chose to use the Spyder?

Do you mean from the gas tank to the gun?
If so, probably.

10 Dec 2007 18:56:14
Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)
Re: Remote Coil Question

Scout Lady wrote:
> I would like to buy my son a remote coil for his paintball gun. He has a
> Tippmann 98 Custom Pro ACT E-Grip marker. Sometimes he uses CO2 and
> sometimes I think he uses compressed air. Is there any particular brand of
> coil that is the best and if not what should I look for before purchasing
> one?

Can't speak for remote with Co2, but if your heart is really set on it
for compressed air, here is what you will want:
A coil remote, pretty much any kind you think works (I recommend one of
the black coily ones, not the braided steel...reason being, if a seal
blows, the black coil one won't do anywhere NEAR as much damage). So
get that with a proconnect set. That's basically a pin/receiver
setup...any paintball shop should know. Now, what you can do is get two
of the 'male' ends with a screw in adapter, and voila, you're set up for
both guns...its basically as simple as that.

--
Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)
I love woot.com and techbargains.com

10 Dec 2007 16:37:26
TONY SR.
Re: Remote Coil Question

remotes are for chicks ;-)
"Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Scout Lady wrote:
>> I would like to buy my son a remote coil for his paintball gun. He has a
>> Tippmann 98 Custom Pro ACT E-Grip marker. Sometimes he uses CO2 and
>> sometimes I think he uses compressed air. Is there any particular brand
>> of coil that is the best and if not what should I look for before
>> purchasing one?
> Can't speak for remote with Co2, but if your heart is really set on it for
> compressed air, here is what you will want:
> A coil remote, pretty much any kind you think works (I recommend one of
> the black coily ones, not the braided steel...reason being, if a seal
> blows, the black coil one won't do anywhere NEAR as much damage). So get
> that with a proconnect set. That's basically a pin/receiver setup...any
> paintball shop should know. Now, what you can do is get two of the 'male'
> ends with a screw in adapter, and voila, you're set up for both guns...its
> basically as simple as that.
>
> --
> Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)
> I love woot.com and techbargains.com

11 Dec 2007 07:54:05
Scout Lady
Re: Remote Coil Question

"Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Scout Lady wrote:
>> I would like to buy my son a remote coil for his paintball gun. He has a
>> Tippmann 98 Custom Pro ACT E-Grip marker. Sometimes he uses CO2 and
>> sometimes I think he uses compressed air. Is there any particular brand
>> of coil that is the best and if not what should I look for before
>> purchasing one?
> Can't speak for remote with Co2, but if your heart is really set on it for
> compressed air, here is what you will want:
> A coil remote, pretty much any kind you think works (I recommend one of
> the black coily ones, not the braided steel...reason being, if a seal
> blows, the black coil one won't do anywhere NEAR as much damage). So get
> that with a proconnect set. That's basically a pin/receiver setup...any
> paintball shop should know. Now, what you can do is get two of the 'male'
> ends with a screw in adapter, and voila, you're set up for both guns...its
> basically as simple as that.

Thanks for the information, it is much appreciated.

11 Dec 2007 15:52:22
LCT Products Inc.
Re: Remote Coil Question

"Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Scout Lady wrote:
>> I would like to buy my son a remote coil for his paintball gun. He has a
>> Tippmann 98 Custom Pro ACT E-Grip marker. Sometimes he uses CO2 and
>> sometimes I think he uses compressed air. Is there any particular brand
>> of coil that is the best and if not what should I look for before
>> purchasing one?
> Can't speak for remote with Co2, but if your heart is really set on it for
> compressed air, here is what you will want:

I don't like coiled remotes because I find them uncomfortable. But, they are
very helpful when using CO2 in cold weather.

13 Dec 2007 16:04:54
DeathX
Re: Remote Coil Question

Two features you want in a remate is a quick disconnect, and a slide check
so you can remove the coil from the gun without turning your air tank off.
Also does he have a vest or something else to carry the tank?

13 Dec 2007 19:20:39
LCT Products Inc.
Re: Remote Coil Question

"DeathX" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Two features you want in a remate is a quick disconnect, and a slide check
> so you can remove the coil from the gun without turning your air tank off.
> Also does he have a vest or something else to carry the tank?

I don't like the slide valves. Seems like they're always blowing o-rings.