15 Jul 2004 17:35:01
John
Safety First

I was reading in a message posted in another thread about people using
Paintball Markers to "Shoot up the Town", so to say. First of all let me
point out something, i am not pointing a finger at single person, or any
group of PB Players. Using PB markers to shoot people on the street is
Illegal, and unsafe. And if your do this kinda of thing, and your reading
this, I hope the hell you get caught, and tossed into the Pokey, with some
very well endowed, horny, inmates. The use of PB Markers to do stupid shit
like shooting innocent bystanders, shooting up street signs, shooting
private dwellings, places of business or public gathering places is what
will get PB banded in your local area. Tony Sr is also right about Tourney
players, they are not the ones doing this kinda shit. Tourny players are
involved with PaintBall as a Sport, not a way to get a cheap laugh at
someone elses expense.

The average speed of 300 fps, means a Paintball is moving near 200 mph
(204.6 mph), and I am pretty sure that people driving around shooting people
waiting at bus stoppes and on street corners are not going to Chrony in
their marker(s) to make sure they are not shooting hot. To put it mildly,
yeah, a PB marker can put your eye out on a setting lower than 300 fps.So
this can become a issue of personal injury, permanent partial, or total
blindness for an innocent by stander. Now what I suggest to people is this,
if you know someone doing this kinda shit, turn them into the police.
Because what they are doing is criminal, it's not just having fun. When we
get on the field, we wear protective maks to cover our eyes, and ears, some
of the more intelligent ones of use wear a cup, to protect our ability to
reproduce. People on the street have none of this gear, and are open for the
full injury potential of a PB Marker. One thing I doubt most assholes know,
is that on the side of their marker, the words "THIS IS NOT A TOY" is
stamped. So wanna make Paintball fun, wanna make paintball a respected sport
in your community? Then get the Markers out of the hands of those abusing
them.

Anotherthing, if you do not alike the way a company advertises their
product, write them let them know, not us. I know we have some shop owners
in here, but I doubt the CEO of any PB product firm sits around reading our
posts. If writting them does not help, use your money, don't buy their
products. And if you catch someone cheating, well i let you decide what to
do there.

--
John TI2#003
[email protected]

15 Jul 2004 18:24:45
Cybershark
Re: Safety First

you say you're not pointing the finger at any group of paintball players,
but then you're pointing it away from tourney players and claiming that they
are in it for the sport aspect...this is purely flawed...

Rec players are in it for the sport just as much as tourney players...the
problem isn't people that are in paintball for the sport (which encompasses
tourney, rec, and renegade players), the problem is people that decide to
use a paintball gun for these little drive by fun fests...some of them may
be paintball players, but I'd bet the vast majority of them just have the
gun to shoot at "stuff" and not to play paintball...most people who play
paintball pick up their values from the fields they play at...well managed
fields whether tourney, rec, or renegade (yes there are safe renegade
fields, I help run 2 of them) instill a sense of safety and fair
conduct...they have rules about shooting people without masks and they let
everyone know about what an errant paintball can do to an unmasked
person...they also enforce rules about designated shooting areas...downtown
isn't usually listed in this...

The problem of public shootings doesn't lie with paintball players...just
like handgun crimes are not usually committed by NRA members...the vast
majority of these crimes are perpetrated by people who do not value or fully
understand the deadly capabilities of the weapons they carry...These people
have no value to paintball as a sport at all...they are the people who have
access to paintball guns and buy them with the intent to cause mischief and
vandalism...some of them may play at a field once in a while, but I can
venture a pretty good guess that it's not a safe field with any emphasis on
the rules and conduct of a player...

Ken
"John" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I was reading in a message posted in another thread about people using
> Paintball Markers to "Shoot up the Town", so to say. First of all let me
> point out something, i am not pointing a finger at single person, or any
> group of PB Players. Using PB markers to shoot people on the street is
> Illegal, and unsafe. And if your do this kinda of thing, and your reading
> this, I hope the hell you get caught, and tossed into the Pokey, with some
> very well endowed, horny, inmates. The use of PB Markers to do stupid shit
> like shooting innocent bystanders, shooting up street signs, shooting
> private dwellings, places of business or public gathering places is what
> will get PB banded in your local area. Tony Sr is also right about Tourney
> players, they are not the ones doing this kinda shit. Tourny players are
> involved with PaintBall as a Sport, not a way to get a cheap laugh at
> someone elses expense.
>
> The average speed of 300 fps, means a Paintball is moving near 200 mph
> (204.6 mph), and I am pretty sure that people driving around shooting
people
> waiting at bus stoppes and on street corners are not going to Chrony in
> their marker(s) to make sure they are not shooting hot. To put it mildly,
> yeah, a PB marker can put your eye out on a setting lower than 300 fps.So
> this can become a issue of personal injury, permanent partial, or total
> blindness for an innocent by stander. Now what I suggest to people is
this,
> if you know someone doing this kinda shit, turn them into the police.
> Because what they are doing is criminal, it's not just having fun. When we
> get on the field, we wear protective maks to cover our eyes, and ears,
some
> of the more intelligent ones of use wear a cup, to protect our ability to
> reproduce. People on the street have none of this gear, and are open for
the
> full injury potential of a PB Marker. One thing I doubt most assholes
know,
> is that on the side of their marker, the words "THIS IS NOT A TOY" is
> stamped. So wanna make Paintball fun, wanna make paintball a respected
sport
> in your community? Then get the Markers out of the hands of those abusing
> them.
>
> Anotherthing, if you do not alike the way a company advertises their
> product, write them let them know, not us. I know we have some shop owners
> in here, but I doubt the CEO of any PB product firm sits around reading
our
> posts. If writting them does not help, use your money, don't buy their
> products. And if you catch someone cheating, well i let you decide what to
> do there.
>
> --
> John TI2#003
> [email protected]

16 Jul 2004 06:30:03
TONY SR.
Re: Safety First

nice try...but I don't buy your angle...they for sure are not tourny
players...like it or not

--
www.paintball-amargio1.com
"Cybershark" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> [...]
> > full injury potential of a PB Marker. One thing I doubt most assholes
> know,
> > is that on the side of their marker, the words "THIS IS NOT A TOY" is
> > stamped. So wanna make Paintball fun, wanna make paintball a respected
> sport
> > in your community? Then get the Markers out of the hands of those
abusing
> > them.
> >
> > Anotherthing, if you do not alike the way a company advertises their
> > product, write them let them know, not us. I know we have some shop
owners
> > in here, but I doubt the CEO of any PB product firm sits around reading
> our
> > posts. If writting them does not help, use your money, don't buy their
> > products. And if you catch someone cheating, well i let you decide what

16 Jul 2004 02:09:46
Cybershark
Re: Safety First

"TONY SR." <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> nice try...but I don't buy your angle...they for sure are not tourny
> players...like it or not

do you have any evidence to back up the idea that they aren't tourney
players? I'd tend to agree, but even if they're not tourney players that
doesn't mean they are woodsballers, recballers, or even people who have
tried paintball as a sport...ever do a venn diagram; the realm of all people
that have used paintball guns is bigger than the realm of all people that
have played paintball...

Ken

16 Jul 2004 14:07:20
John
Re: Safety First

On 15-Jul-2004, "Cybershark" <[email protected] > wrote:

> you say you're not pointing the finger at any group of paintball players,
> but then you're pointing it away from tourney players and claiming that
> they
> are in it for the sport aspect...this is purely flawed...

Actually, my argument is not flawed. Show me ONE Case where Tourny players
were involved in committing crimes with PB equipment. The sad fact is that
crimes committed using PB equipment is done by Rec players, in their teens,
or in their early 20's. I am not defending the tourny players, I do not play
in tournament games. I am a weekend Woodsballer. And I never said that REC
players where not in it for the sport.I only pointed out that Tournament
players have alot to lose if they committe crimes using PB equipment. Now
what I do stand for is a high level of safety, and responsibility when it
comes to PB. And another thing, I really doubt that anyone which would abue
PB Equipment is going to be reading these boards, so It is OUR responsibilty
to make sure to make sure that the public knows that people that use PB
Equipment to do Stupid shit, are a Minority, not the Majority.
--
John TI2#003
[email protected]

16 Jul 2004 13:12:26
Daniel Martin
Re: Safety First

Well dipshit, like it or not ( gee, that saying just WINS an arguement
everytime, doesn't it?) , they sure as shit ain't woodsball players. We play
in the woods.

Listen Tony Jr, your dad was atleast half hearted in his comical description
of woodsball players, but you sir, are just a jackass, and you exemplify
what is wrong with paintball today, alothough I cna't say you cheat, you
finger point , and deny. Screw off.

Cheers, and have a SUPER day.

Dan

> [...]
> > > full injury potential of a PB Marker. One thing I doubt most assholes
> > know,
> > > is that on the side of their marker, the words "THIS IS NOT A TOY" is
> > > stamped. So wanna make Paintball fun, wanna make paintball a respected
> > sport
> > > in your community? Then get the Markers out of the hands of those
> abusing
> > > them.
> > >
> > > Anotherthing, if you do not alike the way a company advertises their
> > > product, write them let them know, not us. I know we have some shop
> owners
> > > in here, but I doubt the CEO of any PB product firm sits around
reading
> > our
> > > posts. If writting them does not help, use your money, don't buy their
> > > products. And if you catch someone cheating, well i let you decide

16 Jul 2004 13:25:19
Daniel Martin
Re: Safety First

You are full of it John, a rec baller has just as much to lose from being
caught vandalising with a marker. If a woodsy looses his angel, what dif is
it from a tourny geek losing his angel ( sorry tournament fans and players,
I'm justy being a prick). And before you start, many of our woods players
use cockers, minimags, angels, and the like.
But really the loss of the marker isn't the worst thing, it's ther criminal
record and associated costs. So don't for a minute think that tourny players
are above woodsplayer, rec players for the love of their equipment, cost of
gear, or morals. ( the latter I would argue to be just the opposite)
Actually I will, can you say to me that any tourny player hasn't gone to
wally mart and bought a talon for screwwing around, can you prove that
paintball vandalism comes from rec players. No I doubt you can, it's just
your gut feeleing. Well, MY rec group doen't do that shit, we keep our
marker below 280, checked every day, and throughout the day, we have never
knocked anybody out , we call ourselves out when we get hit and there is NO
" I own you bi atch" were we play, and we play on a pivate land, no refs,
yet we have NONE of the negative problems that occur in regulated and
especaily speedball fields.
oops woods vs speedball rant off.

So, don't from a minute think that tourny are innocent and it MUST be
woods/rec players.
Interesting, whenever I see video of this happen I don't see a paintball
mask, plug, squeegee. or any of the other related accessories, Could it be
these punks just bought the marker, air source and balls AND NOTHING ELSE?
Doesn't seem like a woodsball/rec player to me.

Cheers.

Dan

"John" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> On 15-Jul-2004, "Cybershark" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > you say you're not pointing the finger at any group of paintball
players,
> > but then you're pointing it away from tourney players and claiming that
> > they
> > are in it for the sport aspect...this is purely flawed...
>
> Actually, my argument is not flawed. Show me ONE Case where Tourny
players
> were involved in committing crimes with PB equipment. The sad fact is that
> crimes committed using PB equipment is done by Rec players, in their
teens,
> or in their early 20's. I am not defending the tourny players, I do not
play
> in tournament games. I am a weekend Woodsballer. And I never said that REC
> players where not in it for the sport.I only pointed out that Tournament
> players have alot to lose if they committe crimes using PB equipment. Now
> what I do stand for is a high level of safety, and responsibility when it
> comes to PB. And another thing, I really doubt that anyone which would
abue
> PB Equipment is going to be reading these boards, so It is OUR
responsibilty
> to make sure to make sure that the public knows that people that use PB
> Equipment to do Stupid shit, are a Minority, not the Majority.
> --
> John TI2#003
> [email protected]

16 Jul 2004 16:39:17
Cybershark
Re: Safety First

just another side note that this reminds me of...when I play renegade with
our gang we make sure to have refs if there are new players, but when
everyone has played with us before there's really not much need for the
refs...If I get shot I call myself out and everyone I play with does the
same...when we need a paintcheck the game pauses and 1/2 the time the guy
that was shooting at you comes over to do the check (chances are he/she is
closest), then we take back our places, countdown, and game on...the only
guy that's likely to get punched on our field is the one that forgot he
promised to bring the drinks (non-alcoholic, if i don't say it someone will
suggest it)...this kind of fair, self-regulated play is the kind of thing
that you used to see even in professional tournaments, but today any team
that enters with that attitude is shown the door...no matter how many of
their opponents they actualy put hits on

Ken

news:[email protected]

17 Jul 2004 06:57:59
TONY SR.
Re: Safety First

wrong again...Danny boy... ;-)

--
www.paintball-amargio1.com
> [...]
vast
> > > majority of these crimes are perpetrated by people who do not value or
> > fully
> > > understand the deadly capabilities of the weapons they carry...These
> > people
> > > have no value to paintball as a sport at all...they are the people who
> > have
> > > access to paintball guns and buy them with the intent to cause
mischief
> > and
> > > vandalism...some of them may play at a field once in a while, but I
can
> > > venture a pretty good guess that it's not a safe field with any
emphasis
> > on
> > > the rules and conduct of a player...
> > >
> > > Ken
> > > "John" <[email protected]> wrote in message

17 Jul 2004 06:59:24
TONY SR.
Re: Safety First

ahemmm John?? that post makes a lot of sense to me.

--
www.paintball-amargio1.com
"John" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> On 15-Jul-2004, "Cybershark" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > you say you're not pointing the finger at any group of paintball
players,
> > but then you're pointing it away from tourney players and claiming that
> > they
> > are in it for the sport aspect...this is purely flawed...
>
> Actually, my argument is not flawed. Show me ONE Case where Tourny
players
> were involved in committing crimes with PB equipment. The sad fact is that
> crimes committed using PB equipment is done by Rec players, in their
teens,
> or in their early 20's. I am not defending the tourny players, I do not
play
> in tournament games. I am a weekend Woodsballer. And I never said that REC
> players where not in it for the sport.I only pointed out that Tournament
> players have alot to lose if they committe crimes using PB equipment. Now
> what I do stand for is a high level of safety, and responsibility when it
> comes to PB. And another thing, I really doubt that anyone which would
abue
> PB Equipment is going to be reading these boards, so It is OUR
responsibilty
> to make sure to make sure that the public knows that people that use PB
> Equipment to do Stupid shit, are a Minority, not the Majority.
> --
> John TI2#003
> [email protected]

17 Jul 2004 07:01:42
TONY SR.
Re: Safety First

I sure can still get this group going...it will never end...btw where in the
heck is tom g ?

--
> [...]
not
> > play
> > > in tournament games. I am a weekend Woodsballer. And I never said that
> REC
> > > players where not in it for the sport.I only pointed out that
Tournament
> > > players have alot to lose if they committe crimes using PB equipment.
> Now
> > > what I do stand for is a high level of safety, and responsibility when
> it
> > > comes to PB. And another thing, I really doubt that anyone which would
> > abue
> > > PB Equipment is going to be reading these boards, so It is OUR
> > responsibilty
> > > to make sure to make sure that the public knows that people that use
PB
> > > Equipment to do Stupid shit, are a Minority, not the Majority.

17 Jul 2004 07:14:14
Randy Given
Re: Safety First

You can bet that if I see somthing like that, I will be on my cellphone
calling 911 in a flash. I will probably follow them around, as well.

17 Jul 2004 07:18:49
Randy Given
Re: Safety First

I have nothing to base this on, but I would suspect that they are not
speedball or woodsball. Both of those groups know where it is safe to play
and go out of their way to do so. There are just as many jerks in speedball
as there are in woodsball. Both have their share of weird dressers, as well.
I suspect it is small groups of losers that go to their local sporting goods
store and buy a cheap gun and a bucket of paint.

17 Jul 2004 13:50:15
TONY SR.
Re: Safety First

Randy I also feel the same way.

--
www.paintball-amargio1.com
"Randy Given" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> You can bet that if I see somthing like that, I will be on my cellphone
> calling 911 in a flash. I will probably follow them around, as well.

18 Jul 2004 14:13:05
John
Re: Safety First

On 17-Jul-2004, "TONY SR." <[email protected] > wrote:

> ahemmm John?? that post makes a lot of sense to me.

Thanks Tony. As I have pointed out several times, I am a Woodsballer, I play
Outlawball, but I also know that us Rec players do not risk the chance of
Loosing endorsements. Nor have I ever read one report where Tourny players
were involved in PB drive-bys, or illegally painting some ones house or
other private property. So if anyone has proof of tourney players abusing PB
equipment in said fashion, now is your chance to post it, and make a
believer out of me. TournyBall has it's own set of problems, REC has it's
own set of problems. It's not that cut and dry, but it's close.
--
John TI2#003
[email protected]

18 Jul 2004 14:22:50
John
Re: Safety First

On 17-Jul-2004, "Randy Given" <[email protected] > wrote:

> I have nothing to base this on, but I would suspect that they are not
> speedball or woodsball. Both of those groups know where it is safe to play
> and go out of their way to do so. There are just as many jerks in
> speedball
> as there are in woodsball.

Acutally were I live I had the fortune of running into some of the kids
doing the afore mentioned crimes. I had been invited to play on a private
field, and spent the day playing PB. After when we were cleaning up, two of
these young guys, decided to tell everyone else that they where gonna go by
and plink a friends house. "What"? I asked, they laughed and said how they
where gonnadrive by and plaster the hose with paint, all becuase this kid
didn't have the money to have shown up that day. Well i informed them that
I was going to call the police and let them know who did this, in the event
it got reported. Needless to say I was never invited back. However these
were Woodsballers, One of the kids in question was going to use his fathers
Angel ( Which he had been using all day) to Plink this house. So arguments
of how Rec players have alot to lose do not float with me. Whan I was a
young teen, I did sturpid things, why, I was a teen enough said, Some kids
do not think (as well as a great many adults) they just do. I cannot
remember who said it but there is a famous quote that says "Most people
would rather die than think, In fact many Do"

--
John TI2#003
[email protected]

18 Jul 2004 14:49:41
TONY SR.
Re: Safety First

another person who says it best...thx John for coming up to the plate.
Just yesterday I was at a paintball field and there was about 7-9 guys all
about 17-19 yrs and dressed in woods clothes (camo). I was asked by them if
the kid playing x-ball was my son and yes it was marcello. they said he was
really good . how long playing etc etc.
anyways about 10 min. later I hear one of them say lets go to our spot and
shoot up that roof and maybe some cars. I said to them that was not right
and it gives paintball a bad name and 2 of the guys said they haven't been
caught yet. I shook my head and left.

--
www.paintball-amargio1.com
"John" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> On 17-Jul-2004, "Randy Given" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I have nothing to base this on, but I would suspect that they are not
> > speedball or woodsball. Both of those groups know where it is safe to
play
> > and go out of their way to do so. There are just as many jerks in
> > speedball
> > as there are in woodsball.
>
> Acutally were I live I had the fortune of running into some of the kids
> doing the afore mentioned crimes. I had been invited to play on a private
> field, and spent the day playing PB. After when we were cleaning up, two
of
> these young guys, decided to tell everyone else that they where gonna go
by
> and plink a friends house. "What"? I asked, they laughed and said how
they
> where gonnadrive by and plaster the hose with paint, all becuase this kid
> didn't have the money to have shown up that day. Well i informed them
that
> I was going to call the police and let them know who did this, in the
event
> it got reported. Needless to say I was never invited back. However these
> were Woodsballers, One of the kids in question was going to use his
fathers
> Angel ( Which he had been using all day) to Plink this house. So
arguments
> of how Rec players have alot to lose do not float with me. Whan I was a
> young teen, I did sturpid things, why, I was a teen enough said, Some
kids
> do not think (as well as a great many adults) they just do. I cannot
> remember who said it but there is a famous quote that says "Most people
> would rather die than think, In fact many Do"
>
> --
> John TI2#003
> [email protected]

18 Jul 2004 15:14:27
John
Re: Safety First

On 18-Jul-2004, "TONY SR." <[email protected] > wrote:

> I hear one of them say lets go to our spot and
> shoot up that roof and maybe some cars. I said to them that was not right
> and it gives paintball a bad name and 2 of the guys said they haven't been
> caught yet.

Sounds right, they don't care that it will give Paintball a bad rep, only
they have not been caught 'yet'. I hope they are caught soon. For all the
right reasons, I don't want them to hurt anyone else. It's a small step
away from shooting cars to shooting innocent people on the street. I am
going to see if I can up any reports of vandalism done with Paintball
Equipment. I all the cases that I know of personally or have read about,
it's teen males 15 - 19, and some in their early 20's. And for this age
group the importance of Safety should be drilled into them, however it is
not. They play a game that is fun, and then try to take the fun to new
levels without thought of Safety. I wonder how many of them would game
without their mask on? Yet they would not mind peppering someone without a
mask, standing on a street corner.
--
John TI2#003
[email protected]

18 Jul 2004 15:19:59
TONY SR.
Re: Safety First

John , the mask thing makes me shudder just thinking about my eyes.

--
www.paintball-amargio1.com
"John" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> On 18-Jul-2004, "TONY SR." <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I hear one of them say lets go to our spot and
> > shoot up that roof and maybe some cars. I said to them that was not
right
> > and it gives paintball a bad name and 2 of the guys said they haven't
been
> > caught yet.
>
> Sounds right, they don't care that it will give Paintball a bad rep,
only
> they have not been caught 'yet'. I hope they are caught soon. For all
the
> right reasons, I don't want them to hurt anyone else. It's a small step
> away from shooting cars to shooting innocent people on the street. I am
> going to see if I can up any reports of vandalism done with Paintball
> Equipment. I all the cases that I know of personally or have read about,
> it's teen males 15 - 19, and some in their early 20's. And for this age
> group the importance of Safety should be drilled into them, however it
is
> not. They play a game that is fun, and then try to take the fun to new
> levels without thought of Safety. I wonder how many of them would game
> without their mask on? Yet they would not mind peppering someone without
> mask, standing on a street corner.
> --
> John TI2#003
> [email protected]

18 Jul 2004 16:13:12
Tom Greening
Re: Safety First

"TONY SR." <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I sure can still get this group going...it will never end...btw where in
the
> heck is tom g ?
>
> --

Sitting back and watching the fireworks. Some people have no clue. They
have NO clue that their little chains are being yanked, so they just start
yipping like good little doggies.

Besides, I've got better things to do. :) Going back to Japan next
month for a couple of weeks. Boyooo, the women over there could teach the
women over here a thing or two about being women instead of guys with tits.

On a PB related note, I "may" go to the amateur open this year just to
visit. At least I strayed back on topic.

18 Jul 2004 23:08:35
TONY SR.
Re: Safety First

Tom I could not agree with you more about the women. Also it's nice to hear
from you again. Have fun wherever you go and stay in good health.

tony sr. ;-)

--
www.paintball-amargio1.com
news:[email protected]