29 Sep 2003 07:54:26
TDrakeHI
Shipping Paintballs???

Has anybody heard of problems resulting from paintballs being shipped air
freight?? Like, say UPS second day or Priority Mail?? Just wondering,
cause balls kinda tend to be pricey over here.

29 Sep 2003 08:13:18
Bob
Re: Shipping Paintballs???

I work at ups, and have seen cases of paintball being shipped previously.
When I say cases, I mean the cases themselves with labels on them. I WOULD
NOT ship paintballs in the cases themselves but the cases into a larger box
and fill it with foam or whatever. I see how packages are handled, and will
tell you that a case itself will not survive.

-Bob
"TDrakeHI" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Has anybody heard of problems resulting from paintballs being shipped air
> freight?? Like, say UPS second day or Priority Mail?? Just wondering,
> cause balls kinda tend to be pricey over here.

29 Sep 2003 08:57:55
Jose
Re: Shipping Paintballs???

We are now selling paint and shipping has been no problem for us. The paint
comes encased in peanuts (like the UPS guy says to do) and has been arriving
in great shape. E-mail my partner with your zip code
([email protected]) for an accurate quote on some
great paint.

--
Jose I. Sanchez
Airsmith

"TDrakeHI" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Has anybody heard of problems resulting from paintballs being shipped air
> freight?? Like, say UPS second day or Priority Mail?? Just wondering,
> cause balls kinda tend to be pricey over here.

29 Sep 2003 15:15:14
Michael Hughes
Re: Shipping Paintballs???

Stay away from air.

"TDrakeHI" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Has anybody heard of problems resulting from paintballs being shipped air
> freight?? Like, say UPS second day or Priority Mail?? Just wondering,
> cause balls kinda tend to be pricey over here.

Stay away from air.

"TDrakeHI" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Has anybody heard of problems resulting from paintballs being shipped air
> freight?? Like, say UPS second day or Priority Mail?? Just wondering,
> cause balls kinda tend to be pricey over here.

29 Sep 2003 20:55:23
Bob
Re: Shipping Paintballs???

Air and ground packages are handled the sameway except for the fact that air
packages go on airplanes, I dont see how going on an airplane would affect
the balls.
"Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Stay away from air.
>

> "TDrakeHI" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Has anybody heard of problems resulting from paintballs being shipped
air
> > freight?? Like, say UPS second day or Priority Mail?? Just wondering,
> > cause balls kinda tend to be pricey over here.
> >

> Stay away from air.
>

> "TDrakeHI" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Has anybody heard of problems resulting from paintballs being shipped
air
> > freight?? Like, say UPS second day or Priority Mail?? Just wondering,
> > cause balls kinda tend to be pricey over here.

29 Sep 2003 18:01:40
Insane Ranter
Re: Shipping Paintballs???

Pressurization and de-pressurization of the cargo hold might not sit well
with paintballs...If it can make a tube of toothpaste bust why not
paintballs?

"Bob" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:%[email protected]
> Air and ground packages are handled the sameway except for the fact that
air
> packages go on airplanes, I dont see how going on an airplane would affect
> the balls.
> "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Stay away from air.
> >

> > "TDrakeHI" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Has anybody heard of problems resulting from paintballs being shipped
> air
> > > freight?? Like, say UPS second day or Priority Mail?? Just
wondering,
> > > cause balls kinda tend to be pricey over here.
> > >

> > Stay away from air.
> >

> > "TDrakeHI" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Has anybody heard of problems resulting from paintballs being shipped
> air
> > > freight?? Like, say UPS second day or Priority Mail?? Just
wondering,
> > > cause balls kinda tend to be pricey over here.

29 Sep 2003 22:31:54
Jon C
Re: Shipping Paintballs???

Because paintballs don't have any air.

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Pressurization and de-pressurization of the cargo hold might not sit well
> with paintballs...If it can make a tube of toothpaste bust why not
> paintballs?
>
> "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:%[email protected]
> > Air and ground packages are handled the sameway except for the fact that
> air
> > packages go on airplanes, I dont see how going on an airplane would
affect
> > the balls.
> > "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in
message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Stay away from air.
> > >

> > > "TDrakeHI" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> > air
> wondering,
> > > >

> > > Stay away from air.
> > >

> > > "TDrakeHI" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> > air
> wondering,

29 Sep 2003 22:45:52
Bob
Re: Shipping Paintballs???

I didn't mean it in a smart ass way, I really dont know if it would or not.
"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Pressurization and de-pressurization of the cargo hold might not sit well
> with paintballs...If it can make a tube of toothpaste bust why not
> paintballs?
>
> "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:%[email protected]
> > Air and ground packages are handled the sameway except for the fact that
> air
> > packages go on airplanes, I dont see how going on an airplane would
affect
> > the balls.
> > "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in
message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Stay away from air.
> > >

> > > "TDrakeHI" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> > air
> wondering,
> > > >

> > > Stay away from air.
> > >

> > > "TDrakeHI" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> > air
> wondering,

29 Sep 2003 22:18:07
Insane Ranter
Re: Shipping Paintballs???

Congraulations Physics major......pressure works on more than just gas...

"Jon C" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Because paintballs don't have any air.
>
> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Pressurization and de-pressurization of the cargo hold might not sit
well
> > with paintballs...If it can make a tube of toothpaste bust why not
> > paintballs?
> >
> > "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:%[email protected]
> > > Air and ground packages are handled the sameway except for the fact
that
> > air
> > > packages go on airplanes, I dont see how going on an airplane would
> affect
> > > the balls.
> > > "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in
> message
> > > news:[email protected]

> shipped
> > > air
> > wondering,

> shipped
> > > air
> > wondering,

30 Sep 2003 03:44:06
Jon C
Re: Shipping Paintballs???

The tube of toothpaste bursts because of the change in volume of the gas it
contains as the pressure goes down.

A liquid such as that within a paintball will have no volume change with a
given pressure change. There is no reason that a decrease in pressure would
cause any change whatsoever to a paintball. Contrast this to the toothpaste
example.

BTW, I am a physics major ;)

Jon

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Congraulations Physics major......pressure works on more than just gas...
>
> "Jon C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Because paintballs don't have any air.
> >
> > "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Pressurization and de-pressurization of the cargo hold might not sit
> well
> > > with paintballs...If it can make a tube of toothpaste bust why not
> > > paintballs?
> > >
> > > "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:%[email protected]
> that
> > > air
> > affect
> > message

> > shipped
> > > wondering,

> > shipped
> > > wondering,

30 Sep 2003 11:36:38
Chris Phillipo
Re: Shipping Paintballs???

In article <[email protected] >,
[email protected] says...
> The tube of toothpaste bursts because of the change in volume of the gas it
> contains as the pressure goes down.
>
> A liquid such as that within a paintball will have no volume change with a
> given pressure change. There is no reason that a decrease in pressure would
> cause any change whatsoever to a paintball. Contrast this to the toothpaste
> example.
>
> BTW, I am a physics major ;)
>
> Jon

Depends on the paint. The main reason to stay away from air is that on
something as heavy as a couple of cases of paintballs they REAM you out
the ass and back in through the nose. Especially stay away from
Airborne Express. Had a quote of $143 Canadian to send a package to
California next day air, they charged the receiver $584 US when it got
there. I could have flown there and back myself for $50 less than that.
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

30 Sep 2003 12:11:57
Insane Ranter
Re: Shipping Paintballs???

I still say that the shell will crack due to the pressure....

"Jon C" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> The tube of toothpaste bursts because of the change in volume of the gas
it
> contains as the pressure goes down.
>
> A liquid such as that within a paintball will have no volume change with a
> given pressure change. There is no reason that a decrease in pressure
would
> cause any change whatsoever to a paintball. Contrast this to the
toothpaste
> example.
>
> BTW, I am a physics major ;)
>
> Jon
>
> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Congraulations Physics major......pressure works on more than just
gas...

> > "Jon C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Because paintballs don't have any air.
> > >
> > > "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> > well

> > that
> > > affect
> > > message

> > > shipped

> > > shipped

30 Sep 2003 17:09:02
Jon C
Re: Shipping Paintballs???

I'm sorry that you're unable to understand the concept of Boyle's Law.

You haven't taken high school chemistry yet have you?

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I still say that the shell will crack due to the pressure....
>
> "Jon C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > The tube of toothpaste bursts because of the change in volume of the gas
> it
> > contains as the pressure goes down.
> >
> > A liquid such as that within a paintball will have no volume change with
> > given pressure change. There is no reason that a decrease in pressure
> would
> > cause any change whatsoever to a paintball. Contrast this to the
> toothpaste
> > example.
> >
> > BTW, I am a physics major ;)
> >
> > Jon
> >
> > "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Congraulations Physics major......pressure works on more than just
> gas...
> > >
> > > "Jon C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]

> > > well

> fact
> > > that
> would

30 Sep 2003 14:25:47
Chris Phillipo
Re: Shipping Paintballs???

In article <[email protected] >,
[email protected] says...
> I'm sorry that you're unable to understand the concept of Boyle's Law.
>
> You haven't taken high school chemistry yet have you?

I have a case of semi-transparent paintballs with here that have an
obvious air pocket in them, would you like to pay for a little
experiment? :)
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

30 Sep 2003 18:10:06
Jon C
Re: Shipping Paintballs???

No kidding. I've seen a few clear paintballs that definitely had no pocket.
I think I'd send those back ;)

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
> > I'm sorry that you're unable to understand the concept of Boyle's Law.
> >
> > You haven't taken high school chemistry yet have you?
> >

> I have a case of semi-transparent paintballs with here that have an
> obvious air pocket in them, would you like to pay for a little
> experiment? :)
> --
> _________________________
> Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
> http://www.ramsays-online.com

30 Sep 2003 19:31:53
TONY SR.
Re: Shipping Paintballs???

but that was not the question. he asked if you would like to pay for the
experiment ?
"Jon C" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> No kidding. I've seen a few clear paintballs that definitely had no
pocket.
> I think I'd send those back ;)
>
> "Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > [email protected] says...
> > > I'm sorry that you're unable to understand the concept of Boyle's Law.
> > >
> > > You haven't taken high school chemistry yet have you?
> > >

> > I have a case of semi-transparent paintballs with here that have an
> > obvious air pocket in them, would you like to pay for a little
> > experiment? :)
> > --
> > _________________________
> > Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
> > http://www.ramsays-online.com

30 Sep 2003 15:41:06
Insane Ranter
Re: Shipping Paintballs???

You mean that paintballs might have air in them after all???? Wow who'd have
tought it....

"Jon C" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> No kidding. I've seen a few clear paintballs that definitely had no
pocket.
> I think I'd send those back ;)
>
> "Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > [email protected] says...
> > > I'm sorry that you're unable to understand the concept of Boyle's Law.
> > >
> > > You haven't taken high school chemistry yet have you?
> > >

> > I have a case of semi-transparent paintballs with here that have an
> > obvious air pocket in them, would you like to pay for a little
> > experiment? :)
> > --
> > _________________________
> > Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
> > http://www.ramsays-online.com

30 Sep 2003 13:31:30
Insane Ranter
Re: Shipping Paintballs???

*Yawn* if your gonna insult me you'll have to do better then scrummy atleast

"Jon C" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I'm sorry that you're unable to understand the concept of Boyle's Law.
>
> You haven't taken high school chemistry yet have you?
>
> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I still say that the shell will crack due to the pressure....
> >
> > "Jon C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > The tube of toothpaste bursts because of the change in volume of the
gas
> > it
> > > contains as the pressure goes down.
> > >
> > > A liquid such as that within a paintball will have no volume change
with
> > > given pressure change. There is no reason that a decrease in pressure
> > would
> > > cause any change whatsoever to a paintball. Contrast this to the
> > toothpaste
> > > example.
> > >
> > > BTW, I am a physics major ;)
> > >
> > > Jon
> > >
> > > "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> > gas...

> sit

> > fact
> > would
> in

> being
Just

> being
Just

01 Oct 2003 02:47:54
Jon C
Re: Shipping Paintballs???

You mean "better thAn"

Guess you haven't taken English classes yet either ;)

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> *Yawn* if your gonna insult me you'll have to do better then scrummy
atleast

> "Jon C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I'm sorry that you're unable to understand the concept of Boyle's Law.
> >
> > You haven't taken high school chemistry yet have you?
> >
> > "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > I still say that the shell will crack due to the pressure....
> > >
> > > "Jon C" <[email protected]jonnythan.com> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> gas
> > > it

> with
> > > would
> > > toothpaste

> > > gas...

> > sit
> not

> > > fact
> > > would
> wrote
> > in

> > being
> Just

> > being
> Just

01 Oct 2003 23:55:37
thumps
Re: Shipping Paintballs???

How does the change in temperatures affect the shells?

I know cargo holds are not pressurised, so I'd presume that there's no
control of temperature either?

Would the balls be likely to freeze?

Only asking as I was looking at bringing back some supplies after my next
vacation...

Cheers, Thumps..