21 Jul 2004 02:42:44
ayar-15
Shooting My CoWorkers

Once again, the people I work for have allowed me to organize a company
paintball day. It was a big hit last year, and there are even more people
going this year. All newbies, many of whom will undoubtedly fall in love
with the sport. We're going on a Friday afternoon, so the newbies won't
have to contend with any experienced players (our field is usually dead on
Fridays), so they'll have a more rewarding (read: less humiliating)
experience.




20 Jul 2004 22:47:29
Jason Lopez
Re: Shooting My CoWorkers

This has to be one of the best ways to get your occupational frustrations
out on the causes of those frustrations. Newbie Coworker pops the head up
and <BOOM > paintball in the head. Come around the corner and drill that
coworker who just flat out annoys you.

Better yet, if you are like me, just put a paint mine right in their path of
movement and let it rip. Either that, or get online and find the plans for
making that paint bazooka. That should get the frustration out.

Jason

"ayar-15" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:EKkLc.131944$%[email protected]_s01...
> Once again, the people I work for have allowed me to organize a company
> paintball day. It was a big hit last year, and there are even more people
> going this year. All newbies, many of whom will undoubtedly fall in love
> with the sport. We're going on a Friday afternoon, so the newbies won't
> have to contend with any experienced players (our field is usually dead on
> Fridays), so they'll have a more rewarding (read: less humiliating)
> experience.
>
>




21 Jul 2004 12:14:45
ayar-15
Re: Shooting My CoWorkers


"Jason Lopez" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> This has to be one of the best ways to get your occupational frustrations
> out on the causes of those frustrations. Newbie Coworker pops the head up
> and <BOOM> paintball in the head. Come around the corner and drill that
> coworker who just flat out annoys you.
>
> Better yet, if you are like me, just put a paint mine right in their path
of
> movement and let it rip. Either that, or get online and find the plans
for
> making that paint bazooka. That should get the frustration out.
>
> Jason
>
> "ayar-15" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:EKkLc.131944$%[email protected]_s01...
> > Once again, the people I work for have allowed me to organize a company
> > paintball day. It was a big hit last year, and there are even more
people
> > going this year. All newbies, many of whom will undoubtedly fall in
love
> > with the sport. We're going on a Friday afternoon, so the newbies won't
> > have to contend with any experienced players (our field is usually dead
on
> > Fridays), so they'll have a more rewarding (read: less humiliating)
> > experience.
> >
> >
>
>

For the most part, we all get along. But heaven help any clients we ever
decide to bring. LOL





21 Jul 2004 08:27:42
Tempest
Re: Shooting My CoWorkers

"ayar-15" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:EKkLc.131944$%[email protected]_s01...
> Once again, the people I work for have allowed me to organize a company
> paintball day. It was a big hit last year, and there are even more people
> going this year. All newbies, many of whom will undoubtedly fall in love
> with the sport. We're going on a Friday afternoon, so the newbies won't
> have to contend with any experienced players (our field is usually dead on
> Fridays), so they'll have a more rewarding (read: less humiliating)
> experience.

Ha awesome. Company outings are the best. HP took us (Turner) out a couple
times, and the organizer at HP happened to be this crazy ex-mil-ninja-guy
with an E-Oracle. Of course this was in the woods, so I was out of my
habitat. I held my own, though, except when I kept running into this HP rep
I had the hardest time staying alive. He's cool as hell though so it was all
good.

But yeah, even with the revvy on the DM4, everyone complained that I turned
on the "full auto" switch :)




21 Jul 2004 10:31:07
derrick
Re: Shooting My CoWorkers

"ayar-15" <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<EKkLc.131944$%[email protected]_s01>...
> Once again, the people I work for have allowed me to organize a company
> paintball day. It was a big hit last year, and there are even more people
> going this year. All newbies, many of whom will undoubtedly fall in love
> with the sport. We're going on a Friday afternoon, so the newbies won't
> have to contend with any experienced players (our field is usually dead on
> Fridays), so they'll have a more rewarding (read: less humiliating)
> experience.

i wish i could do that. i work at an attorney's office, and all the
people in my office are women who are over forty and would never even
imagine playing paintball. but i also ref paintball, so i get to play
with the other refs on days when our field is closed. so i guess it's
ok.

you are a lucky, lucky person.


21 Jul 2004 15:48:20
Insane Ranter
Re: Shooting My CoWorkers


"Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "ayar-15" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:EKkLc.131944$%[email protected]_s01...
> > Once again, the people I work for have allowed me to organize a company
> > paintball day. It was a big hit last year, and there are even more
people
> > going this year. All newbies, many of whom will undoubtedly fall in
love
> > with the sport. We're going on a Friday afternoon, so the newbies won't
> > have to contend with any experienced players (our field is usually dead
on
> > Fridays), so they'll have a more rewarding (read: less humiliating)
> > experience.
>
> Ha awesome. Company outings are the best. HP took us (Turner) out a couple
> times, and the organizer at HP happened to be this crazy ex-mil-ninja-guy
> with an E-Oracle. Of course this was in the woods, so I was out of my
> habitat. I held my own, though, except when I kept running into this HP
rep
> I had the hardest time staying alive. He's cool as hell though so it was
all
> good.
>
> But yeah, even with the revvy on the DM4, everyone complained that I
turned
> on the "full auto" switch :)
>
>

Oh no the big bad tourney marker got owned!!!!!




21 Jul 2004 22:55:11
ayar-15
Re: Shooting My CoWorkers


"derrick" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "ayar-15" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<EKkLc.131944$%[email protected]_s01 >...
> > Once again, the people I work for have allowed me to organize a company
> > paintball day. It was a big hit last year, and there are even more
people
> > going this year. All newbies, many of whom will undoubtedly fall in
love
> > with the sport. We're going on a Friday afternoon, so the newbies won't
> > have to contend with any experienced players (our field is usually dead
on
> > Fridays), so they'll have a more rewarding (read: less humiliating)
> > experience.
>
> i wish i could do that. i work at an attorney's office, and all the
> people in my office are women who are over forty and would never even
> imagine playing paintball. but i also ref paintball, so i get to play
> with the other refs on days when our field is closed. so i guess it's
> ok.
>
> you are a lucky, lucky person.

I am very fortunate to have a boss who's somewhat liberal about employee
well being. He's even going to pay for our field fees, paint and air, too.




22 Jul 2004 03:55:32
Tempest
Re: Shooting My CoWorkers

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:RGzLc.5533$%[email protected]
> Oh no the big bad tourney marker got owned!!!!!

Uhh no, the guy holding it did.




22 Jul 2004 10:16:48
Insane Ranter
Re: Shooting My CoWorkers


"Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:RGzLc.5533$%[email protected]
> > Oh no the big bad tourney marker got owned!!!!!
>
> Uhh no, the guy holding it did.
>
>

Well sucks to be [email protected]