26 May 2004 19:07:25
Tempest
Slick Honey (for regs and spool valves/bolts (DM4))

My 16 oz jar of Slick Honey *bike* grease just arrived this afternoon.
Relubed my DM4's LPR, hyper-2 inline, and the ENTIRE bolt kit, lubing each
after completely cleaning out any sign of Dye Slick Lube (stock). First
thing that I noticed was that the bolt moves much more freely when moving it
by hand. I then reasembled everything and tuned the LPR at 5 turns out from
0 (which is approx 75 psi). With Dye lube, this is the best that you can
(safely) hope for. It works. Lowering it any lower and you get FSDO and the
gun just feels sluggish (reduced ROF). However, with slick honey, I was able
to get it performing just as good at 2.5 turns (approx 50 psi).

The benefits of this are reduced kick, increased efficiency, and reduced
ball breakage. A 25 psi drop is INSANE. Apparently Trauma has been using
this in all of their team guns for a while now and haven't had any issues.

After cycling about 3500 psi worth of air through the newly lubed DM4, I
took off the barrel and noticed something. It was perfectly clean. Not a
drop of lube anywhere. Same with the breech. With Dye slick lube, the lube
would be EVERYWHERE after a recent lube job. All this means is that I won't
have to lube nearly as often, either.

...wow. I wish I knew about this stuff earlier.

27 May 2004 00:27:42
ayar-15
Re: Slick Honey (for regs and spool valves/bolts (DM4))

"Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> My 16 oz jar of Slick Honey *bike* grease just arrived this afternoon.
> Relubed my DM4's LPR, hyper-2 inline, and the ENTIRE bolt kit, lubing each
> after completely cleaning out any sign of Dye Slick Lube (stock). First
> thing that I noticed was that the bolt moves much more freely when moving
it
> by hand. I then reasembled everything and tuned the LPR at 5 turns out
from
> 0 (which is approx 75 psi). With Dye lube, this is the best that you can
> (safely) hope for. It works. Lowering it any lower and you get FSDO and
the
> gun just feels sluggish (reduced ROF). However, with slick honey, I was
able
> to get it performing just as good at 2.5 turns (approx 50 psi).
>
> The benefits of this are reduced kick, increased efficiency, and reduced
> ball breakage. A 25 psi drop is INSANE. Apparently Trauma has been using
> this in all of their team guns for a while now and haven't had any issues.
>
> After cycling about 3500 psi worth of air through the newly lubed DM4, I
> took off the barrel and noticed something. It was perfectly clean. Not a
> drop of lube anywhere. Same with the breech. With Dye slick lube, the lube
> would be EVERYWHERE after a recent lube job. All this means is that I
won't
> have to lube nearly as often, either.
>
> ...wow. I wish I knew about this stuff earlier.

Thanks for the info!

:-)

27 May 2004 17:06:21
Bigera
Re: Slick Honey (for regs and spool valves/bolts (DM4))

Would this stuff work on other "grease" markers such as shockers? Seems to
me if it would work it would beat paying $20 Cdn for a tiny tube of DOW.