24 Aug 2005 12:52:04
Aaron
Target gun

I just moved to a big city, and I'm stuck in an apartment complex for a
year. :( I'm used to being able to go outside with my .22 to blast away
for a couple hours, and I'm missing that. Can anyone recomend a reliable,
cheap, semi-auto PB gun? I'm thinking I could still manage some fun with a
case of PB's and a couple 20 oz. tanks... ;)

Aaron

24 Aug 2005 06:22:00
Tony Sr.
Re: Target gun

what are you going to shoot at ?
"Aaron" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I just moved to a big city, and I'm stuck in an apartment complex for a
> year. :( I'm used to being able to go outside with my .22 to blast away
> for a couple hours, and I'm missing that. Can anyone recomend a reliable,
> cheap, semi-auto PB gun? I'm thinking I could still manage some fun with
> case of PB's and a couple 20 oz. tanks... ;)
>
> Aaron

24 Aug 2005 13:28:02
Aaron
Re: Target gun

Cardboard, cans, plywood. Nothing alive.

"Tony Sr." <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> what are you going to shoot at ?
> "Aaron" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> I just moved to a big city, and I'm stuck in an apartment complex for a
>> year. :( I'm used to being able to go outside with my .22 to blast away
>> for a couple hours, and I'm missing that. Can anyone recomend a
>> reliable,
>> cheap, semi-auto PB gun? I'm thinking I could still manage some fun with
>> case of PB's and a couple 20 oz. tanks... ;)
>>
>> Aaron

24 Aug 2005 15:10:35
BaaL
Re: Target gun

Aaron <[email protected] > has this craizy idea that:

> I just moved to a big city, and I'm stuck in an apartment complex for
> a year. :( I'm used to being able to go outside with my .22 to
> blast away for a couple hours, and I'm missing that. Can anyone
> recomend a reliable, cheap, semi-auto PB gun? I'm thinking I could
> still manage some fun with a case of PB's and a couple 20 oz.
> tanks... ;)
>
> Aaron

you do know that pb markers can only be used on a pb field ?!??!
by price from cheapest
spyders <100$
tippmann 98custom or a-5 140$, 230$
minimag 280$
sp ion 280$
automag rt pro 400$

--
Although I can tell you what is not, I cannot tell you what is.
That my friend, you will have to find out all by yourself,

24 Aug 2005 13:37:22
Aaron
Re: Target gun

"BaaL" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> you do know that pb markers can only be used on a pb field ?!??!

Or in your complex's rec area, with specific written permission from your
landlord. Like I said, I won't be shooting at anyone, just some targets.
Basically, I'm looking for a in-city alternative to plinking with my .22.

24 Aug 2005 06:51:25
Tony Sr.
Re: Target gun

see what I mean Doug....perfect example here...rec woods guy NOT tourny for
sure, this guy will shoot at car or something that will hurt paintball....
"Aaron" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "BaaL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > you do know that pb markers can only be used on a pb field ?!??!
>
> Or in your complex's rec area, with specific written permission from your
> landlord. Like I said, I won't be shooting at anyone, just some targets.
> Basically, I'm looking for a in-city alternative to plinking with my .22.

24 Aug 2005 14:05:24
Aaron
Re: Target gun

Actually, Tony, no I won't. I've been shooting 'real' rifles, shotguns, and
pistols since I was five years old. I know how to handle a gun safely, be
it a cartridge-loaded gun or a paintball gun. Just because I'm looking to
do something different with it doesn't mean that I'm a reckless idiot. I
have no intentions of hurting your sport, and I have no intentions of
pissing my neighbors and landlord off. All I asked for were recomendations
for a gun to have a little fun with. Shooting cars, people, pets,
buildings, etc. is not my definition of fun. Before I moved here, I shot
high-power benchrest for years, ranges anywhere from 100 to 600 yards. If I
know /anything/, it's how easily a few idiots can ruin a great sport for
everyone else that follows the rules.

Sorry to intrude on your little world here.

"Tony Sr." <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> see what I mean Doug....perfect example here...rec woods guy NOT tourny
> for
> sure, this guy will shoot at car or something that will hurt paintball....
> "Aaron" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> "BaaL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>> > you do know that pb markers can only be used on a pb field ?!??!
>>
>> Or in your complex's rec area, with specific written permission from your
>> landlord. Like I said, I won't be shooting at anyone, just some targets.
>> Basically, I'm looking for a in-city alternative to plinking with my .22.

24 Aug 2005 08:19:35
Tony Sr.
Re: Target gun

Aaron, it would have been nice if you would of come across like that in the
first place. ;-)
"Aaron" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:E8%[email protected]
> Actually, Tony, no I won't. I've been shooting 'real' rifles, shotguns,
and
> pistols since I was five years old. I know how to handle a gun safely, be
> it a cartridge-loaded gun or a paintball gun. Just because I'm looking to
> do something different with it doesn't mean that I'm a reckless idiot. I
> have no intentions of hurting your sport, and I have no intentions of
> pissing my neighbors and landlord off. All I asked for were
recomendations
> for a gun to have a little fun with. Shooting cars, people, pets,
> buildings, etc. is not my definition of fun. Before I moved here, I shot
> high-power benchrest for years, ranges anywhere from 100 to 600 yards. If
> know /anything/, it's how easily a few idiots can ruin a great sport for
> everyone else that follows the rules.
>
> Sorry to intrude on your little world here.
>

> "Tony Sr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > see what I mean Doug....perfect example here...rec woods guy NOT tourny
> > for
> > sure, this guy will shoot at car or something that will hurt
paintball....
> > "Aaron" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> >> "BaaL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]
> >>
> >> Or in your complex's rec area, with specific written permission from
your
> >> landlord. Like I said, I won't be shooting at anyone, just some
targets.
> >> Basically, I'm looking for a in-city alternative to plinking with my
.22.

24 Aug 2005 15:34:20
Hardtime
Re: Target gun

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:05:24 GMT, "Aaron"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>Actually, Tony, no I won't. I've been shooting 'real' rifles, shotguns, and
>pistols since I was five years old.

When you give an age for a point of reference you should also give a
present age. Example started when 5yoa now 21yoa equals 16years with
a weapon and makes you a teenager when it comes to riflery.

> I know how to handle a gun safely, be

So called Accidents happen everyday. Even by pros.

>it a cartridge-loaded gun or a paintball gun. Just because I'm looking to
>do something different with it doesn't mean that I'm a reckless idiot. I
>have no intentions of hurting your sport, and I have no intentions of
>pissing my neighbors and landlord off.

It is all about attitude and perception. If you fire a paintball
marker in a complex you are going to upset/piss someone off and
therefore hurt the sport.

> All I asked for were recomendations
>for a gun to have a little fun with. Shooting cars, people, pets,
>buildings, etc. is not my definition of fun. Before I moved here, I shot
>high-power benchrest for years, ranges anywhere from 100 to 600 yards. If I
>know /anything/, it's how easily a few idiots can ruin a great sport for
>everyone else that follows the rules.
>
>Sorry to intrude on your little world here.

Why do you not go to a rifle/pistol range somewhere where it is
condoned for the firing of weapons. Or get into paintball and go to a
commercial field somewhere.

Before you cop an egotistical mood or attitude which a lot of weapons
guys do (see the stereotype) you could promote either sport by
performing the particular sport in a area that it was meant to be. You
could even get a group together and permission on private property
which would also give you someplace to go to target practice with a
paintball marker.

Before you continue to ruffle your feathers and take it wrong we are
just trying to keep the stereotyping of the paintball sport down. It
has even been taking to court to get it made legal in some states
where is was illegal.

24 Aug 2005 14:01:05
Jeff Goslin
Re: Target gun

Aaron, you must understand, we are SO used to people asking that very
question for nefarious purposes. The skepticism we have is not specifically
directed at you, but it's a jaded sense of expectation. When someone shows
up, and says what you said, it paints an immediate picture, one we've seen
many times before, and it's not generally a good one.

For what it's worth, if all you want is something to plink with inside city
limits, a paintball gun might not be your best choice. Perhaps an air
powered BBgun would be more what you are looking for.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

"Aaron" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:E8%[email protected]
> Actually, Tony, no I won't. I've been shooting 'real' rifles, shotguns,
and
> pistols since I was five years old. I know how to handle a gun safely, be
> it a cartridge-loaded gun or a paintball gun. Just because I'm looking to
> do something different with it doesn't mean that I'm a reckless idiot. I
> have no intentions of hurting your sport, and I have no intentions of
> pissing my neighbors and landlord off. All I asked for were
recomendations
> for a gun to have a little fun with. Shooting cars, people, pets,
> buildings, etc. is not my definition of fun. Before I moved here, I shot
> high-power benchrest for years, ranges anywhere from 100 to 600 yards. If
> know /anything/, it's how easily a few idiots can ruin a great sport for
> everyone else that follows the rules.
>
> Sorry to intrude on your little world here.
>

> "Tony Sr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > see what I mean Doug....perfect example here...rec woods guy NOT tourny
> > for
> > sure, this guy will shoot at car or something that will hurt
paintball....
> > "Aaron" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> >> "BaaL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]
> >>
> >> Or in your complex's rec area, with specific written permission from
your
> >> landlord. Like I said, I won't be shooting at anyone, just some
targets.
> >> Basically, I'm looking for a in-city alternative to plinking with my
.22.

24 Aug 2005 12:23:27
John Comma Smith
Re: Target gun

Hardtime wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:05:24 GMT, "Aaron"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Actually, Tony, no I won't. I've been shooting 'real' rifles, shotguns, and
>>pistols since I was five years old.
>

> When you give an age for a point of reference you should also give a
> present age. Example started when 5yoa now 21yoa equals 16years with
> a weapon and makes you a teenager when it comes to riflery.
>

>> I know how to handle a gun safely, be
>

> So called Accidents happen everyday. Even by pros.
>

>>it a cartridge-loaded gun or a paintball gun. Just because I'm looking to
>>do something different with it doesn't mean that I'm a reckless idiot. I
>>have no intentions of hurting your sport, and I have no intentions of
>>pissing my neighbors and landlord off.
>

> It is all about attitude and perception. If you fire a paintball
> marker in a complex you are going to upset/piss someone off and
> therefore hurt the sport.
>

>> All I asked for were recomendations
>>for a gun to have a little fun with. Shooting cars, people, pets,
>>buildings, etc. is not my definition of fun. Before I moved here, I shot
>>high-power benchrest for years, ranges anywhere from 100 to 600 yards. If I
>>know /anything/, it's how easily a few idiots can ruin a great sport for
>>everyone else that follows the rules.
>>
>>Sorry to intrude on your little world here.
>

> Why do you not go to a rifle/pistol range somewhere where it is
> condoned for the firing of weapons. Or get into paintball and go to a
> commercial field somewhere.
>
> Before you cop an egotistical mood or attitude which a lot of weapons
> guys do (see the stereotype) you could promote either sport by
> performing the particular sport in a area that it was meant to be. You
> could even get a group together and permission on private property
> which would also give you someplace to go to target practice with a
> paintball marker.
>
> Before you continue to ruffle your feathers and take it wrong we are
> just trying to keep the stereotyping of the paintball sport down. It
> has even been taking to court to get it made legal in some states
> where is was illegal.

Somehow, I think you are twisting what he is saying. I know accidents
happen, but he is just asking for prices. I think the only thing people
will be mad at is the noise, because he said he had permission.

Isn't it a little ironic that you will sterotype gun owners, yet you
hate paintball being stereotyped?

24 Aug 2005 19:46:09
Aaron
Re: Target gun

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Aaron, you must understand, we are SO used to people asking that very
> question for nefarious purposes. The skepticism we have is not
> specifically
> directed at you, but it's a jaded sense of expectation. When someone
> shows
> up, and says what you said, it paints an immediate picture, one we've seen
> many times before, and it's not generally a good one.

In that case, the group has my apologies. I guess I should have given a
little background with my first post. Kinda like someone wandering onto a
gun board and asking how they make make their SKS full auto. Happens so
much I've comes to ignore it. So, again, my apologies.

Hardtime, you're right, accidents do happen everyday, but after 16 years,
you do learn to minimize the chances of them. Don't point your gun at
anything you're not prepared to destroy, always treat it like it's loaded,
finger off the trigger until you're ready to fire, etc. I turned 21 back in
May, so your example was just about dead on.

As far as pissing people off, that's why I went and got my landlord's
permission. We agreed that as long as I stick to the rec area, stay safe
about it, and I'm done by about 5:00, it'll be fine. 99% of the other
residents of the complex either work or go to school during the day, and the
rec area is far enough from the buildings that the noise isn't really a
problem.

> For what it's worth, if all you want is something to plink with inside
> city
> limits, a paintball gun might not be your best choice. Perhaps an air
> powered BBgun would be more what you are looking for.

I had actually started off asking if I could use a BB gun (already own
three) and a pellet trap, but the landlord was concerned about ricochets,
that's how we got talking about PB. The landlord is an avid hunter, but he
has a lot more free time then I usually do, so the 45 minute drive to the
nearest rifle range doesn't bother him. He's actually expressed interest in
giving this a try, though, mostly because 2000 rounds of PB and 2-3 fills on
a 20 oz. cylinder are a lot cheaper then 2000 rounds of 9mm and the gas to
get to and from the range. Nearest pistol range is still about 20 minutes
from my complex.

Aaron

24 Aug 2005 19:55:36
Hardtime
Re: Target gun

>> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:05:24 GMT, "Aaron"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Sorry to intrude on your little world here.
>>
>> Before you cop an egotistical mood or attitude which a lot of weapons
>> guys do (see the stereotype) you could promote either sport by
>> performing the particular sport in a area that it was meant to be. You
>> could even get a group together and permission on private property
>> which would also give you someplace to go to target practice with a
>> paintball marker.
>
>Somehow, I think you are twisting what he is saying. I know accidents
>happen, but he is just asking for prices. I think the only thing people
>will be mad at is the noise, because he said he had permission.

I was going off of the little sarcasm that he expressed

>Isn't it a little ironic that you will sterotype gun owners, yet you
>hate paintball being stereotyped?

For your info I was just making a statement that is all ready out
there and giving an example. I have been a member of the NRA in the
past so I know about the stereotyping.

We even had a kid down here that said "I am sorry, I did not mean to
hit that car" when the cops caught him shooting at cars as they passed
by close to his property. It did not explain how the vehicle had more
than one paintball hit it. The news started to get involved in it and
everything until the story died real quickly. It was rumored that he
was a kid of one of the news media.

24 Aug 2005 20:32:43
Hardtime
Re: Target gun

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:01:05 -0400, "Jeff Goslin"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>Aaron, you must understand, we are SO used to people asking that very
>question for nefarious purposes. The skepticism we have is not specifically
>directed at you, but it's a jaded sense of expectation. When someone shows
>up, and says what you said, it paints an immediate picture, one we've seen
>many times before, and it's not generally a good one.
>
>For what it's worth, if all you want is something to plink with inside city
>limits, a paintball gun might not be your best choice. Perhaps an air
>powered BBgun would be more what you are looking for.

Aaron,
Check with the local laws first as some states,counties and especially
municipalities (cities & towns) have laws and ordinances that restrict
the use of bb guns to the same rules as firearms. For that fact the
paintball marker may even fall into the same rules. Some places list
them under the same laws by generalizing the rules as they propel a
projectile in a given direction.

Just check into it to make life for yourself easier.

24 Aug 2005 20:53:31
Hardtime
Re: Target gun

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:46:09 GMT, "Aaron"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>I had actually started off asking if I could use a BB gun (already own
>three) and a pellet trap, but the landlord was concerned about ricochets,
>that's how we got talking about PB. The landlord is an avid hunter, but he
>has a lot more free time then I usually do, so the 45 minute drive to the
>nearest rifle range doesn't bother him. He's actually expressed interest in
>giving this a try, though, mostly because 2000 rounds of PB and 2-3 fills on
>a 20 oz. cylinder are a lot cheaper then 2000 rounds of 9mm and the gas to
>get to and from the range. Nearest pistol range is still about 20 minutes
>from my complex.
>
>Aaron

Hey Aaron, I understand now what you were saying but it did come
across a little differently.

I just have a friend who is a farmer and was an avid hunter as well as
an expert marksman. When he was, 34yoa went to get his shotgun out
from behind the pickup seat but unknown to him his kid had thrown some
stuff/clothing behind on top of it and knocked the safety off. When
my friend pulled, the shotgun out it went off and he is now missing
approximately 12 inches of his left arm.

He does not blame anyone for the incident but has made some good
speeches at the hunter's safety courses down here. He is now
approximately 70yoa and you would not know he is missing it as it does
not use it for a crutch it you know what I mean.
**********

**Remember when you use a paintball marker you will have to use a
quick arcing flight path to perform any distance shooting and to keep
that in thought when making your purchase. After about a 100' with
the exception of the flatline and possibly the new Apex barrel (I have
not seen it myself yet) you will find your rounds dropping pretty
rapidly.

24 Aug 2005 22:12:39
LCT Paintball
Re: Target gun

As a gun nut (no offence intended) I think you'll be disappointed in
paintball equipment. You'll find that a paintball has roughly the same
trajectory as an arrow, but not nearly the accuracy.

With that being said, look into Tippmanns or Pirhanas for a starter marker.
And seriously consider using them at a local field for their intended
purpose. It's a lot more fun than shooting at cans with an inacurate marker.

25 Aug 2005 02:20:33
Aaron
Re: Target gun

"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s71...
> As a gun nut (no offence intended) I think you'll be disappointed in
> paintball equipment. You'll find that a paintball has roughly the same
> trajectory as an arrow, but not nearly the accuracy.

None taken, it's a badge I wear proudly. :D I know I'm not gonna be
getting much accuracy out of it, but, hey, it's trigger time, right? It'd
be relaxing. My main target is gonna be a 8' x 8' sheet of ply wood with a
8" 'bullseye'. Farthest I can get from it will be about 30', so it should
be accurate enough. I know it's not going to be anything like my Lothar
Walther-barreled .300 WinMag with a NSX scope on it. ;)

> With that being said, look into Tippmanns or Pirhanas for a starter
> marker. And seriously consider using them at a local field for their
> intended purpose. It's a lot more fun than shooting at cans with an
> inacurate marker.

I have been, I'm gonna look around tomorrow and see if I can find one.
Ought to be one around, right? Right.

24 Aug 2005 20:07:13
John Comma Smith
Re: Target gun

Hardtime wrote:

> For your info I was just making a statement that is all ready out
> there and giving an example. I have been a member of the NRA in the
> past so I know about the stereotyping.

The NRA is a very bad organization, only advocating hunting Rifles, of
course you get stereotypes.

25 Aug 2005 03:28:03
Volt
Re: Target gun

John Comma Smith wrote:

> The NRA is a very bad organization, only advocating hunting Rifles, of
> course you get stereotypes.

Annnnnnnnddddddddd... they're off!

--

Volt
The gods too are fond of a joke.

24 Aug 2005 23:26:50
Jeff Goslin
Re: Target gun

"John Comma Smith" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> The NRA is a very bad organization, only advocating hunting Rifles, of
> course you get stereotypes.

The NRA is a very GOOD organization, regardless of your view of their
particular politics.

That the NRA exists is a testament to the power of the constitution. There
are few highly devisive issues in america today, and gun control is one of
them. I am glad that I live in a country where people I disagree with can
voice their opinions openly and without reservation, mainly because it
allows ME to voice my equally unpopular opinion just as loudly. The instant
that the NRA starts taking stands on ANY constitutional issue that runs
contrary to civil liberty, that's the day I condemn them as hypocrites.

For what it's worth, while I tend to disagree with the viewpoints put forth
by the "nuts" that seem to flock to find their way to the NRA, the moderates
in the NRA tend to be very level-headed about guns, gun safety, and gun
legislation. It's easy to characterize the NRA as a bunch of gun totin
rednecks based on the vocal minority, but the simple fact of the matter is
that guns are a part of american life, and the NRA is working to make our
lives better within the reality that guns are a part of our lives.

If I were a card carrying anything, I would be a card carrying ACLU member,
and a card carrying NRA member. The key thing to remember about this is
that when the government pushes too hard, the ACLU and the NRA are going to
be on the same side, and that's going to make every liberal's head spin like
Linda Blair. Think about that for a minute. Would your opinion of the NRA
change if the ACLU was fighting for them?

--

Jeff Goslin wrote:

> The NRA is a very GOOD organization, regardless of your view of their
> particular politics.

And out of the gate is Goslin's Underpants, followed by Shit Stirrer
Smith. In third on the inside is Hardtime Gun Toter and to his right,
Where Is Ayar?!. Following is LCT's Taco Fiesta and Crazy Ed.
In the rear is New Liver Tony and Crotchety Ol' Doug. And in dead last
is Volt who is running the other way!

--

Volt
The gods too are fond of a joke.
- Aristotle

24 Aug 2005 20:52:30
Tony Sr.
Re: Target gun

dammit volt that was funny as hell...i had to show my wife and she laughed
also. funny guy ;-)
"Volt" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Jeff Goslin wrote:
>

> > The NRA is a very GOOD organization, regardless of your view of their
> > particular politics.
>
> And out of the gate is Goslin's Underpants, followed by Shit Stirrer
> Smith. In third on the inside is Hardtime Gun Toter and to his right,
> Where Is Ayar?!. Following is LCT's Taco Fiesta and Crazy Ed.
> In the rear is New Liver Tony and Crotchety Ol' Doug. And in dead last
> is Volt who is running the other way!
>
> --
>
> Volt
> The gods too are fond of a joke.
> - Aristotle

24 Aug 2005 21:26:24
John Comma Smith
Re: Target gun

Jeff Goslin wrote:
> "John Comma Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
>>The NRA is a very bad organization, only advocating hunting Rifles, of
>>course you get stereotypes.
>

> The NRA is a very GOOD organization, regardless of your view of their
> particular politics.
>
> That the NRA exists is a testament to the power of the constitution. There
> are few highly devisive issues in america today, and gun control is one of
> them. I am glad that I live in a country where people I disagree with can
> voice their opinions openly and without reservation, mainly because it
> allows ME to voice my equally unpopular opinion just as loudly. The instant
> that the NRA starts taking stands on ANY constitutional issue that runs
> contrary to civil liberty, that's the day I condemn them as hypocrites.
>
> For what it's worth, while I tend to disagree with the viewpoints put forth
> by the "nuts" that seem to flock to find their way to the NRA, the moderates
> in the NRA tend to be very level-headed about guns, gun safety, and gun
> legislation. It's easy to characterize the NRA as a bunch of gun totin
> rednecks based on the vocal minority, but the simple fact of the matter is
> that guns are a part of american life, and the NRA is working to make our
> lives better within the reality that guns are a part of our lives.
>
> If I were a card carrying anything, I would be a card carrying ACLU member,
> and a card carrying NRA member. The key thing to remember about this is
> that when the government pushes too hard, the ACLU and the NRA are going to
> be on the same side, and that's going to make every liberal's head spin like
> Linda Blair. Think about that for a minute. Would your opinion of the NRA
> change if the ACLU was fighting for them?

Totally agree. My sole problem with the NRA, is how they don't fight for
all gun rights, instead of just hunting.

25 Aug 2005 04:46:05
Aaron
Re: Target gun

"John Comma Smith" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Totally agree. My sole problem with the NRA, is how they don't fight for
> all gun rights, instead of just hunting.

So join one of the other organizations. I'm a member of the NRA, GOA, and
JPFO.

And, BTW every one, thanks for the advice, and sorry I came across wrong at
first.

25 Aug 2005 00:46:22
Tony Sr.
Re: Target gun

welcome to the group Aaron....you will enjoy this ng.
"Aaron" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "John Comma Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Totally agree. My sole problem with the NRA, is how they don't fight for
> > all gun rights, instead of just hunting.
>
> So join one of the other organizations. I'm a member of the NRA, GOA, and
> JPFO.
>
> And, BTW every one, thanks for the advice, and sorry I came across wrong
at
> first.

25 Aug 2005 13:40:02
Hardtime
Re: Target gun

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 02:20:33 GMT, "Aaron"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>"LCT Paintball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]_s71...
>> As a gun nut (no offence intended) I think you'll be disappointed in
>> paintball equipment. You'll find that a paintball has roughly the same
>> trajectory as an arrow, but not nearly the accuracy.
>
>None taken, it's a badge I wear proudly. :D I know I'm not gonna be
>getting much accuracy out of it, but, hey, it's trigger time, right? It'd
>be relaxing. My main target is gonna be a 8' x 8' sheet of ply wood with a
>8" 'bullseye'. Farthest I can get from it will be about 30', so it should
>be accurate enough. I know it's not going to be anything like my Lothar
>Walther-barreled .300 WinMag with a NSX scope on it. ;)
>
>> With that being said, look into Tippmanns or Pirhanas for a starter
>> marker. And seriously consider using them at a local field for their
>> intended purpose. It's a lot more fun than shooting at cans with an
>> inacurate marker.
>
>I have been, I'm gonna look around tomorrow and see if I can find one.
>Ought to be one around, right? Right.

Actually they are all over. Wally World (Wal-Mart) has them but they
tend to be the older models that were overstock sellouts. E-Bay has
them also. The new Tippmann Custom Pros and such can be had for about
the same or no more than 10-15 dollars more than the older models. I
would order online unless you have a good pro shop or are friends with
someone who is a dealer. I just ordered an ION for $224 through a
friend (I am still giving him something) and they are being sold for
$284 at the cheapest online.

Below are a few online stores and depending on your purchase shipping
is free. Either way the fact that there is no tax via the web it more
than compensates for the shipping:

http://www.shop4paintball.com/
http://www.expertshot.com/
http://www2.888paintball.com/
http://www.hotshotpaintball.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc
http://www.xtremez.com/paintball/
http://www.nationalpaintball.com/html/index2.asp
http://www.paintball-discounters.com/
http://www.eatonpaint.com/
http://www.anythingxtreme.com/index.aspx?AFID=16
http://www.specopspaintball.com/
http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.322764/sc.14/category.682/.f
For above link (OpsGear) use menu on left

Below is a good site for gear, field and store evaluations:

http://www.pbreview.com/?n=1

25 Aug 2005 12:42:26
mad8
Re: Target gun

since when? i shoot up my basement all the time...

BaaL wrote:
> Aaron <[email protected]> has this craizy idea that:
>
> > I just moved to a big city, and I'm stuck in an apartment complex for
> > a year. :( I'm used to being able to go outside with my .22 to
> > blast away for a couple hours, and I'm missing that. Can anyone
> > recomend a reliable, cheap, semi-auto PB gun? I'm thinking I could
> > still manage some fun with a case of PB's and a couple 20 oz.
> > tanks... ;)
> >
> > Aaron
>
> you do know that pb markers can only be used on a pb field ?!??!
> by price from cheapest
> spyders <100$
> tippmann 98custom or a-5 140$, 230$
> minimag 280$
> sp ion 280$
> automag rt pro 400$
>
> --=81
> Although I can tell you what is not, I cannot tell you what is.
> That my friend, you will have to find out all by yourself,
> for there is no help but self-help.

25 Aug 2005 20:14:30
Hardtime
Re: Target gun

On 25 Aug 2005 12:42:26 -0700, "mad8" <[email protected] > wrote:

>since when? i shoot up my basement all the time...

Mad8

He is renting an apartment.

If you were
There goes the deposit :-)

What no deposit, you must of been renting a condemned building ;-)

25 Aug 2005 20:40:36
Jesse Felt
Re: Target gun

definitely agreed on that one... we couldnt even have an indoor field
here until some people took it to the city and petitioned for it to be
allowed...

Hardtime wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:01:05 -0400, "Jeff Goslin"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Aaron, you must understand, we are SO used to people asking that very
>>question for nefarious purposes. The skepticism we have is not specifically
>>directed at you, but it's a jaded sense of expectation. When someone shows
>>up, and says what you said, it paints an immediate picture, one we've seen
>>many times before, and it's not generally a good one.
>>
>>For what it's worth, if all you want is something to plink with inside city
>>limits, a paintball gun might not be your best choice. Perhaps an air
>>powered BBgun would be more what you are looking for.
>

> Aaron,
> Check with the local laws first as some states,counties and especially
> municipalities (cities & towns) have laws and ordinances that restrict
> the use of bb guns to the same rules as firearms. For that fact the
> paintball marker may even fall into the same rules. Some places list
> them under the same laws by generalizing the rules as they propel a
> projectile in a given direction.
>
> Just check into it to make life for yourself easier.

25 Aug 2005 22:50:49
Dan Martin
Re: Target gun

It's cuz the polarity is reversed.
<G >

Dan

. And in dead last
> is Volt who is running the other way!
>
> --
>
> Volt
> The gods too are fond of a joke.
> - Aristotle

25 Aug 2005 22:54:27
Dan Martin
Re: Target gun

Look into airsoft, the range and energy is minimal and they don't leave a
mess to clean up like paintballs. I;ve shot paintballs in an area that
needed to be cleaned up after and it was a pain.
You have to be very careful shooting in a city envirnoment, even if it's a
less than lethal gun, the neighbors don't always now it and neither will the
cops when the show up.

Cheers

Dan

"Aaron" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I just moved to a big city, and I'm stuck in an apartment complex for a
> year. :( I'm used to being able to go outside with my .22 to blast away
> for a couple hours, and I'm missing that. Can anyone recomend a reliable,
> cheap, semi-auto PB gun? I'm thinking I could still manage some fun with
> case of PB's and a couple 20 oz. tanks... ;)
>
> Aaron

26 Aug 2005 12:08:41
Hardtime
Re: Target gun

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 22:54:27 -0400, "Dan Martin"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>Look into airsoft, the range and energy is minimal and they don't leave a
>mess to clean up like paintballs. I;ve shot paintballs in an area that
>needed to be cleaned up after and it was a pain.
>You have to be very careful shooting in a city envirnoment, even if it's a
>less than lethal gun, the neighbors don't always now it and neither will the
>cops when the show up.
>
>Cheers
>
>Dan

Airsoft leaves those little pellets on the ground as they are not
biodegradable. My kids were playing Airsoft a lot during the summer
break. I mean they were playing 2-5 times a week. It got so bad I had
to have them go out and pick up pellets a couple of times. It looked
like fertilizer pellets all over but the did not break down when it
rained or when you stepped on them. So the do leave there problems
behind. In Florida at least it gets a little dewey over night and
then the sun comes out and the paintballs break down pretty quick.
Especially when it rains every other day. I use a 12 ft plastic tank
in my back yard for practice. My dogs keep it cleaned up if it does
not rain.

26 Aug 2005 08:58:20
mad8
Re: Target gun

airsoft you could plink off your couch in your appartment into a box of
some sort and then just vacuum them up.... (the spring ones, i'd be
worried about the co2 ones putting holes in my walls...)

Hardtime wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 22:54:27 -0400, "Dan Martin"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Look into airsoft, the range and energy is minimal and they don't leave a
> >mess to clean up like paintballs. I;ve shot paintballs in an area that
> >needed to be cleaned up after and it was a pain.
> >You have to be very careful shooting in a city envirnoment, even if it's a
> >less than lethal gun, the neighbors don't always now it and neither will the
> >cops when the show up.
> >
> >Cheers
> >
> >Dan
> >

> Airsoft leaves those little pellets on the ground as they are not
> biodegradable. My kids were playing Airsoft a lot during the summer
> break. I mean they were playing 2-5 times a week. It got so bad I had
> to have them go out and pick up pellets a couple of times. It looked
> like fertilizer pellets all over but the did not break down when it
> rained or when you stepped on them. So the do leave there problems
> behind. In Florida at least it gets a little dewey over night and
> then the sun comes out and the paintballs break down pretty quick.
> Especially when it rains every other day. I use a 12 ft plastic tank
> in my back yard for practice. My dogs keep it cleaned up if it does
> not rain.

26 Aug 2005 17:01:11
Hardtime
Re: Target gun

On 26 Aug 2005 08:58:20 -0700, "mad8" <[email protected] > wrote:

>airsoft you could plink off your couch in your appartment into a box of
>some sort and then just vacuum them up.... (the spring ones, i'd be
>worried about the co2 ones putting holes in my walls...)

Hey, there you go. Shoot them down the hallway or whatever and try
different methods. Like the old trick methods of the sharpshooter
days with the mirrors and spinners and stuff. ;-)

26 Aug 2005 21:08:36
Brian
Re: Target gun

> the simple fact of the matter is
> that guns are a part of american life,

So is the dreadful amount of violence and death that go hand in hand with
the number of guns on the street.

27 Aug 2005 03:17:26
LCT Paintball
Re: Target gun

>> the simple fact of the matter is
>> that guns are a part of american life,
>
> So is the dreadful amount of violence and death that go hand in hand with
> the number of guns on the street.

That's right! If we take away all of the guns in this world, people would
suddenly stop dieing!
What a stupid statement!

26 Aug 2005 20:25:41
Tony Sr.
Re: Target gun

that is not stupid ! if you have no gun you shoot no one and that means you
need to find another way to kill someone and that may be hard to do....
:-)
"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s22...
> >> the simple fact of the matter is
> >> that guns are a part of american life,
> >
> > So is the dreadful amount of violence and death that go hand in hand
with
> > the number of guns on the street.
> >

> That's right! If we take away all of the guns in this world, people would
> suddenly stop dieing!
> What a stupid statement!

27 Aug 2005 06:09:40
Matt Moriearty
Re: Target gun

Tony Sr. wrote:
> that is not stupid ! if you have no gun you shoot no one and that means you
> need to find another way to kill someone and that may be hard to do....
> :-)
> "LCT Paintball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]_s22...

>>>So is the dreadful amount of violence and death that go hand in hand
>
> with
>
>>>the number of guns on the street.
>>>

>>That's right! If we take away all of the guns in this world, people would
>>suddenly stop dieing!
>>What a stupid statement!

But you do have to realize that most of the deaths (the intentional
ones, anyway) are caused by guns that *weren't* bought from a proper
dealer. If you pull all the guns off the market, the people willing to
*use* the guns would buy them from Paco and Tyrone's Discount Gats in
the back of their van.

As for unintentional deaths, some people have the misconception that a
gun sitting on a table in inherently dangerous. You're just about as
like to accidentally stab yourself in the face with a kitchen knife than
you are to shoot yourself or someone else with a properly kept and
handled firearm. So nyah! :P

And all this from a relatively liberal person, too. I'll say it. I find
myself more as a moderate--which means liberals call me conservative and
vice-versa.

IMHO, gun control is good. Gun *abolishment* is neither good or
possible. Deal with it, Rosie.
--
Please note that due to cuts in the budget, the light at the end of the
tunnel has been disconnected.

27 Aug 2005 12:12:39
LCT Paintball
Re: Target gun

> that is not stupid ! if you have no gun you shoot no one and that means
> you
> need to find another way to kill someone and that may be hard to do....

Come on Tony. Think back to when you were a kid. You know, before guns where
invented, and the dead sea was still sick.

People still killed each other! Guns are not the problem, people are. What
we need to do is light up that big fire that liberals want to throw the guns
into. Then, gather up all the people in the world and throw them (the
people) into it. After that, people will stop killing each other.

27 Aug 2005 09:36:44
John Comma Smith
Re: Target gun

Brian wrote:
>>the simple fact of the matter is
>>that guns are a part of american life,
>

> So is the dreadful amount of violence and death that go hand in hand with
> the number of guns on the street.

Yup. Lots of violence here. My brother was killed by a drive by. Geeze,
the car didnt even stop, just ran him over.

27 Aug 2005 09:38:25
John Comma Smith
Re: Target gun

Tony Sr. wrote:
> that is not stupid ! if you have no gun you shoot no one and that means you
> need to find another way to kill someone and that may be hard to do....
> :-)

I'd get it done. ;-|

27 Aug 2005 13:19:12
Jeff Goslin
Re: Target gun

"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s22...
> >> the simple fact of the matter is
> >> that guns are a part of american life,
> >
> > So is the dreadful amount of violence and death that go hand in hand
with
> > the number of guns on the street.
> >

> That's right! If we take away all of the guns in this world, people would
> suddenly stop dieing!
> What a stupid statement!

Well, for what it's worth, if we got rid of all the HAND guns, people would
stop dropping like flies.

A simple examination of gun death rates across the world bears this out.

--

Jeff Goslin wrote:

> Well, for what it's worth, if we got rid of all the HAND guns, people would
> stop dropping like flies.
>
> A simple examination of gun death rates across the world bears this out.

"Gun" death rates across the world. Just making sure everyone sees the
gun, and doesn't assume that only death rates will go down. In any case,
I like LCT's idea better.

27 Aug 2005 16:32:38
Tony Sr.
Re: Target gun

yes John, being my age and being Italian there are many ways...stop by for a
dog...
"John Comma Smith" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Tony Sr. wrote:
> > that is not stupid ! if you have no gun you shoot no one and that means
you
> > need to find another way to kill someone and that may be hard to do....
> > :-)
>
> I'd get it done. ;-|

31 Aug 2005 02:57:48
MadMan
Re: Target gun

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:53:31 GMT, Hardtime <[email protected] >
wrote:

>**Remember when you use a paintball marker you will have to use a
>quick arcing flight path to perform any distance shooting and to keep
>that in thought when making your purchase. After about a 100' with
>the exception of the flatline and possibly the new Apex barrel (I have
>not seen it myself yet) you will find your rounds dropping pretty
>rapidly.

Used an Apex for the first time this past weekend on a A-5... Not
really sure what to say about it... It did exactly what it's supposed
to. Let's just say that if these things become common on the fields,
it's going to change they way people play paintball. If someone told
me I could bunker someone from 60' away last week I would have asked
what they were smoking and if they were sharing... but now....

Stal