30 May 2004 10:28:04
Tempest
The THIRD DM4 video

This one is likely the last one guys ;). It's mostly of my friend Matt and
his XSF'ed black- >cobalt. All filming done at Ultimate Paintball in Georgia.
Enjoy.

http://cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/paintball/videos/dm4part3.WMV(30 megs, for
Jeff)

30 May 2004 15:32:17
ayar-15
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

"Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> This one is likely the last one guys ;). It's mostly of my friend Matt and
> his XSF'ed black->cobalt. All filming done at Ultimate Paintball in
Georgia.
> Enjoy.
>
> http://cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/paintball/videos/dm4part3.WMV(30 megs, for
> Jeff)

While I found the lack of a talking banana somewhat disappointing, I enjoyed
it tremendously. As always, your editing techniques set the bar higher for
all of us.

:-)

P.S. That part at the very end there was the fastest I've ever seen anyone
fire a DM4. I'm assuming that the upgraded board contributed to that a
little?

30 May 2004 11:54:27
Tempest
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

"ayar-15" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s04...
> P.S. That part at the very end there was the fastest I've ever seen
anyone
> fire a DM4. I'm assuming that the upgraded board contributed to that a
> little?

:)

It's not my gun, I'll give you that.

30 May 2004 18:33:10
Volt
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

Mike, what kinda camera do you use?
And when are you gonna make an asshat video?

--

Volt
www.liquimetal.com

"Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> This one is likely the last one guys ;). It's mostly of my friend Matt and
> his XSF'ed black->cobalt. All filming done at Ultimate Paintball in
Georgia.
> Enjoy.
>
> http://cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/paintball/videos/dm4part3.WMV(30 megs, for
> Jeff)

30 May 2004 15:32:54
Tempest
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

Sony TRV-33
and as soon as the squad assembles and starts kickin ass.... hats.

"Volt" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Mike, what kinda camera do you use?
> And when are you gonna make an asshat video?
>
> --
>
> Volt
> www.liquimetal.com
> The search for truth is more precious than its possession.
> - Albert Einstein
>

> "Tempest" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > This one is likely the last one guys ;). It's mostly of my friend Matt
and
> > his XSF'ed black->cobalt. All filming done at Ultimate Paintball in
> Georgia.
> > Enjoy.
> >
> > http://cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/paintball/videos/dm4part3.WMV(30 megs, for
> > Jeff)

30 May 2004 22:06:43
ayar-15
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

"Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Sony TRV-33
> and as soon as the squad assembles and starts kickin ass.... hats.

Hey, that's the same camera I use!

30 May 2004 16:20:25
Insane Ranter
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

"ayar-15" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s04...

> "Tempest" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > This one is likely the last one guys ;). It's mostly of my friend Matt
and
> > his XSF'ed black->cobalt. All filming done at Ultimate Paintball in
> Georgia.
> > Enjoy.
> >
> > http://cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/paintball/videos/dm4part3.WMV(30 megs, for
> > Jeff)
> >

> While I found the lack of a talking banana somewhat disappointing, I
enjoyed
> it tremendously. As always, your editing techniques set the bar higher
for
> all of us.
>
> :-)
>
> P.S. That part at the very end there was the fastest I've ever seen
anyone
> fire a DM4. I'm assuming that the upgraded board contributed to that a
> little?

I wanna see a banana

31 May 2004 03:24:56
Phelps
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

In article <[email protected] >,
"Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote:

> Sony TRV-33
> and as soon as the squad assembles and starts kickin ass.... hats.

I was watching "The Outlaw Josey Wales" and I heard a line I didn't
remember before:

"I'm gonna kick your ass up so high you can wear it as a hat."

Given that this is a movie from 1976, that makes the idea as old as
me (at least) and might even be the first mass media usage of the idea
of someone wearing thier ass as a hat.

--
Phelps <http://www.donotremove.netcolor=#0000FF> >
"You better slap a muzzle on that scaled down piece of evil." -- Space Ghost

31 May 2004 04:28:08
EdTheWard
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

"Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> This one is likely the last one guys ;). It's mostly of my friend Matt and
> his XSF'ed black->cobalt. All filming done at Ultimate Paintball in
Georgia.
> Enjoy.
>
> http://cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/paintball/videos/dm4part3.WMV(30 megs, for
> Jeff)

I thought the song was pretty funny, if not "garage-y"

01 Jun 2004 09:31:36
Jose
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

Mine is a 38. The little screen of the 33 didn't seem like quite enough, so
my father-in-law bought us a 38. He also bought me an Olympus C-750 for
Christmas.

My father-in-law ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jose

"ayar-15" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s54...

> "Tempest" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Sony TRV-33
> > and as soon as the squad assembles and starts kickin ass.... hats.
>

> Hey, that's the same camera I use!

01 Jun 2004 22:44:26
Phelps
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

In article <[email protected] >,
"Jose" <[email protected] > wrote:

> Mine is a 38. The little screen of the 33 didn't seem like quite enough, so
> my father-in-law bought us a 38. He also bought me an Olympus C-750 for
> Christmas.

We've got a DCR-VX1000 at work. I'd love to shoot some paintball
with it, but I'm not taking it out until I at least have a rainbag for
it. Just the rainbag is like $80, but that is far cry from the $1000 or
so a diving rig would cost. (I would rather have the diving rig, but I
think a rainbag will do.)

(And a DSR-30 here at the crib, with FCP and DVDSP on the old Mac. I
bet Tempest could pump out his own DVDs with my rig. I've got the rig
and no time.)

--
Phelps <http://www.donotremove.netcolor=#0000FF> >
"You better slap a muzzle on that scaled down piece of evil." -- Space Ghost

02 Jun 2004 17:22:47
Jose
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

"Phelps" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Jose" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Mine is a 38. The little screen of the 33 didn't seem like quite
enough, so
> > my father-in-law bought us a 38. He also bought me an Olympus C-750 for
> > Christmas.
>
> We've got a DCR-VX1000 at work. I'd love to shoot some paintball
> with it, but I'm not taking it out until I at least have a rainbag for
> it. Just the rainbag is like $80, but that is far cry from the $1000 or
> so a diving rig would cost. (I would rather have the diving rig, but I
> think a rainbag will do.)
>
> (And a DSR-30 here at the crib, with FCP and DVDSP on the old Mac. I
> bet Tempest could pump out his own DVDs with my rig. I've got the rig
> and no time.)
>
> --
> Phelps <http://www.donotremove.net>
> "You better slap a muzzle on that scaled down piece of evil." -- Space
Ghost

It would DEFINITELY look trailer park, but you could always load up the
VX1000 and then case it with heavy cardboard. Duct tape the seams, tape a
plexi lens cover on (scavenged from a cheesy picture frame) and you are
ready to roll. Super cheap impact resistant outer casing.

Jose

03 Jun 2004 01:18:29
Phelps
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

In article <[email protected] >,
"Jose" <[email protected] > wrote:

> It would DEFINITELY look trailer park, but you could always load up the
> VX1000 and then case it with heavy cardboard. Duct tape the seams, tape a
> plexi lens cover on (scavenged from a cheesy picture frame) and you are
> ready to roll. Super cheap impact resistant outer casing.

I may end up making my own blimp anyways, because the rain slickers
that I have been looking at haven't had a lens plate, and that is really
want I wanted. I can probably get a matte box for it and put some
optical lexan in that, and then make a slicker around the matte box. I
know where to get Cordura (a case involving SFG and hand grenades) and I
bet a couple of layers of cordura and batting will do the trick. I
might or might not put some sort of moisture barrier there, but I bet a
few layers of Cordura will do the trick.

--
Phelps <http://www.donotremove.netcolor=#0000FF> >
"You better slap a muzzle on that scaled down piece of evil." -- Space Ghost

03 Jun 2004 01:35:54
Phelps
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

In article <[email protected] >,
Phelps <[email protected] > wrote:

> I may end up making my own blimp anyways, because the rain slickers
> that I have been looking at haven't had a lens plate, and that is really
> want I wanted. I can probably get a matte box for it and put some
> optical lexan in that, and then make a slicker around the matte box. I
> know where to get Cordura (a case involving SFG and hand grenades) and I
> bet a couple of layers of cordura and batting will do the trick. I
> might or might not put some sort of moisture barrier there, but I bet a
> few layers of Cordura will do the trick.

Update: Oh my aching ass. Anyone buying a matte box for a DV camera
is getting fucked with no vasaline. I couldn't find a matte boxish
thing for less than $180, much less the real deal (which seems to start
at $400 with no glass). I'm just going to pop an ND filter on it to
protect the lens and figure out a way to attach a slicker to the lens
hood that comes with it.

I had almost forgotten how much you get fucked on accessories for
film and video. Bastards. At least garage bands drive the price down
on audio.

--
Phelps <http://www.donotremove.netcolor=#0000FF> >
"You better slap a muzzle on that scaled down piece of evil." -- Space Ghost

02 Jun 2004 22:22:25
Jose
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

I am thinking you should get something like corplast and make a rectangular
case for the whole thing. Put the seam on the bottom and rivet in an
aluminum strip. Then use the bottom screw hole (where the tripod would go)
to secure the camera to the bottom. Put a hole in the bottom so that you
can hold the actual camera and use the aforementioned plexi shield or even
leave the lens shroud hanging out and covered with a "cheap" filter. If you
end up putting on a filter and covering it with a trash bag, I would say put
some cardboard strips on the inside or some foam to soak up any direct
impacts.

Jose

"Phelps" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Phelps <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I may end up making my own blimp anyways, because the rain slickers
> > that I have been looking at haven't had a lens plate, and that is really
> > want I wanted. I can probably get a matte box for it and put some
> > optical lexan in that, and then make a slicker around the matte box. I
> > know where to get Cordura (a case involving SFG and hand grenades) and I
> > bet a couple of layers of cordura and batting will do the trick. I
> > might or might not put some sort of moisture barrier there, but I bet a
> > few layers of Cordura will do the trick.
>
> Update: Oh my aching ass. Anyone buying a matte box for a DV camera
> is getting fucked with no vasaline. I couldn't find a matte boxish
> thing for less than $180, much less the real deal (which seems to start
> at $400 with no glass). I'm just going to pop an ND filter on it to
> protect the lens and figure out a way to attach a slicker to the lens
> hood that comes with it.
>
> I had almost forgotten how much you get fucked on accessories for
> film and video. Bastards. At least garage bands drive the price down
> on audio.
>
> --
> Phelps <http://www.donotremove.net>
> "You better slap a muzzle on that scaled down piece of evil." -- Space
Ghost

03 Jun 2004 07:22:46
Jeff Goslin
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

A movie buff friend once took his superduper expensive neato keen digital
video camera, one of the 5000 buck jobbies, not the 500 buck things you get
at best buy, and brought it with him to monster game. He rigged up an old
ammo box, put some foam in it, cut a hole in the end and put plexiglass in
there, rigged up a microphone, and voila! good to go! The cool thing was
that it had a built in handle(on the ammo box).

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

"Jose" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I am thinking you should get something like corplast and make a
rectangular
> case for the whole thing. Put the seam on the bottom and rivet in an
> aluminum strip. Then use the bottom screw hole (where the tripod would
go)
> to secure the camera to the bottom. Put a hole in the bottom so that you
> can hold the actual camera and use the aforementioned plexi shield or even
> leave the lens shroud hanging out and covered with a "cheap" filter. If
you
> end up putting on a filter and covering it with a trash bag, I would say
put
> some cardboard strips on the inside or some foam to soak up any direct
> impacts.
>
> Jose
>

> "Phelps" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Phelps <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > I may end up making my own blimp anyways, because the rain slickers
> > > that I have been looking at haven't had a lens plate, and that is
really
> > > want I wanted. I can probably get a matte box for it and put some
> > > optical lexan in that, and then make a slicker around the matte box.
> > > know where to get Cordura (a case involving SFG and hand grenades) and
> > > bet a couple of layers of cordura and batting will do the trick. I
> > > might or might not put some sort of moisture barrier there, but I bet
> > > few layers of Cordura will do the trick.
> >
> > Update: Oh my aching ass. Anyone buying a matte box for a DV camera
> > is getting fucked with no vasaline. I couldn't find a matte boxish
> > thing for less than $180, much less the real deal (which seems to start
> > at $400 with no glass). I'm just going to pop an ND filter on it to
> > protect the lens and figure out a way to attach a slicker to the lens
> > hood that comes with it.
> >
> > I had almost forgotten how much you get fucked on accessories for
> > film and video. Bastards. At least garage bands drive the price down
> > on audio.
> >
> > --
> > Phelps <http://www.donotremove.net>
> > "You better slap a muzzle on that scaled down piece of evil." -- Space
> Ghost

03 Jun 2004 11:58:19
-=GriFter=-
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

I have an ammo box that I would be willing to part with.
--

-=GriFter=-

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
| A movie buff friend once took his superduper expensive neato keen digital
| video camera, one of the 5000 buck jobbies, not the 500 buck things you
get
| at best buy, and brought it with him to monster game. He rigged up an old
| ammo box, put some foam in it, cut a hole in the end and put plexiglass in
| there, rigged up a microphone, and voila! good to go! The cool thing was
| that it had a built in handle(on the ammo box).
|
| --
| Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
| It's not a god complex when you're always right
|

| "Jose" <[email protected] > wrote in message
| news:[email protected]
| > I am thinking you should get something like corplast and make a
| rectangular
| > case for the whole thing. Put the seam on the bottom and rivet in an
| > aluminum strip. Then use the bottom screw hole (where the tripod would
| go)
| > to secure the camera to the bottom. Put a hole in the bottom so that
you
| > can hold the actual camera and use the aforementioned plexi shield or
even
| > leave the lens shroud hanging out and covered with a "cheap" filter. If
| you
| > end up putting on a filter and covering it with a trash bag, I would say
| put
| > some cardboard strips on the inside or some foam to soak up any direct
| > impacts.
| >
| > Jose
| >

| > "Phelps" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| > news:[email protected]

| really
and

| > > Update: Oh my aching ass. Anyone buying a matte box for a DV
camera
| > > is getting fucked with no vasaline. I couldn't find a matte boxish
| > > thing for less than $180, much less the real deal (which seems to
start
| > > at $400 with no glass). I'm just going to pop an ND filter on it to
| > > protect the lens and figure out a way to attach a slicker to the lens
| > > hood that comes with it.
| > >
| > > I had almost forgotten how much you get fucked on accessories for
| > > film and video. Bastards. At least garage bands drive the price down
| > > on audio.
| > >
| > > --
| > > Phelps <http://www.donotremove.net>
| > > "You better slap a muzzle on that scaled down piece of evil." --
Space
| > Ghost

04 Jun 2004 00:53:56
EdTheWard
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

"-=GriFter=-" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I have an ammo box that I would be willing to part with.
> --
>

> -=GriFter=-

GODAMNIT, whre the FUCK are you gonna put your AMMO then!?!?!?

If you say "up your ass" I am going to get super-de-duper pissed.

you gonna play this weekend?

04 Jun 2004 12:05:46
-=GriFter=-
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

I'm thinking about playing Sunday if I can make it out. I don't know if my
wife is up for taking care of the old kid and the new kid by herself yet. I
may just tell her that I'm going to ref and sneak my gear in the car the
night before, what she doesn't know won't hurt her.

Oh, if I get rid of my ammo box, I'll just start storing my ammo up your
ass.
--

-=GriFter=-

Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there... I'm gonna eat
the next thing that comes out of it's ass."

"EdTheWard" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

| "-=GriFter=-" <[email protected] > wrote in message
| news:[email protected]
| > I have an ammo box that I would be willing to part with.
| > --
| >

| > -=GriFter=-
| >

| GODAMNIT, whre the FUCK are you gonna put your AMMO then!?!?!?
|
| If you say "up your ass" I am going to get super-de-duper pissed.
|
| you gonna play this weekend?

04 Jun 2004 13:20:05
TONY SR.
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

what she does know will hurt you :-)

--
www.paintball-amargio1.com
"-=GriFter=-" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I'm thinking about playing Sunday if I can make it out. I don't know if my
> wife is up for taking care of the old kid and the new kid by herself yet.
> may just tell her that I'm going to ref and sneak my gear in the car the
> night before, what she doesn't know won't hurt her.
>

> Oh, if I get rid of my ammo box, I'll just start storing my ammo up your
> ass.
> --
>

> -=GriFter=-
>
> Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there... I'm gonna eat
> the next thing that comes out of it's ass."
>

> "EdTheWard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> |
> | "-=GriFter=-" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> | news:[email protected]
> | > I have an ammo box that I would be willing to part with.
> | > --
> | >

> | > -=GriFter=-
> | >

> | GODAMNIT, whre the FUCK are you gonna put your AMMO then!?!?!?
> |
> | If you say "up your ass" I am going to get super-de-duper pissed.
> |
> | you gonna play this weekend?

04 Jun 2004 19:41:34
-=GriFter=-
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

That is so true.............. :(
--

-=GriFter=-

"TONY SR." <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
| what she does know will hurt you :-)
|
| --
| www.paintball-amargio1.com
| "-=GriFter=-" <[email protected] > wrote in message
| news:[email protected]
| > I'm thinking about playing Sunday if I can make it out. I don't know if
my
| > wife is up for taking care of the old kid and the new kid by herself
yet.
| > may just tell her that I'm going to ref and sneak my gear in the car the
| > night before, what she doesn't know won't hurt her.
| >

| > Oh, if I get rid of my ammo box, I'll just start storing my ammo up your
| > ass.
| > --

-=GriFter=-

| > Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there... I'm gonna
eat
| > the next thing that comes out of it's ass."
| >

| > "EdTheWard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| > news:[email protected]
| > |
| > | "-=GriFter=-" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| > | news:[email protected]

| > | GODAMNIT, whre the FUCK are you gonna put your AMMO then!?!?!?
| > |
| > | If you say "up your ass" I am going to get super-de-duper pissed.
| > |
| > | you gonna play this weekend?
| > |
| > |

04 Jun 2004 21:43:40
EdTheWard
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

"-=GriFter=-" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I'm thinking about playing Sunday if I can make it out. I don't know if my
> wife is up for taking care of the old kid and the new kid by herself yet.
> may just tell her that I'm going to ref and sneak my gear in the car the
> night before, what she doesn't know won't hurt her.
>

> Oh, if I get rid of my ammo box, I'll just start storing my ammo up your
> ass.
> --
>

> -=GriFter=-

now I am super-de-duper pissed.

I may also be there, rain or shine.

04 Jun 2004 21:55:45
Phelps
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

In article <[email protected] >,
"Jose" <[email protected] > wrote:

> I am thinking you should get something like corplast and make a rectangular
> case for the whole thing. Put the seam on the bottom and rivet in an
> aluminum strip. Then use the bottom screw hole (where the tripod would go)
> to secure the camera to the bottom. Put a hole in the bottom so that you
> can hold the actual camera and use the aforementioned plexi shield or even
> leave the lens shroud hanging out and covered with a "cheap" filter. If you
> end up putting on a filter and covering it with a trash bag, I would say put
> some cardboard strips on the inside or some foam to soak up any direct
> impacts.

No tripod. I won't shoot paintball with one camera that way. A hard
case is probably a bad idea. I want something that gives. The ND
filter would be something that I considered a consumable, like a mask
lens. It takes a direct hit, you replace it. (It is there to save the
lens from taking that hit.) Considering that the front optic is usually
close to 3/4" thick, it could probably take a hit, but I am worried
about paint in the works and the coatings on the lens.

For the cover, I was thinking about three layers of cordura with 1/2"
heavy batting on the backside, satin on the inside, and a flap-over on
the right side so I can get the controls. Maybe a flap on the rear so I
can see the readout, and then heavy duty velcro to seal it. So think
more of a sleeve that the camera slides into from the back (the usual
design of a porta-brace style cover.) The material I setup would be
like this:

cordura
batting
cordura
batting
cordura
batting
satin

That should handle paintball hits. (The camera isn't exactly
fragile, and I'm not going to be bunkering anyone or being bunkered with
it in my hand.) I probably wouldn't be this worried about it if it was
MY camera and not the company's.

--
Phelps <http://www.donotremove.netcolor=#0000FF> >
"You better slap a muzzle on that scaled down piece of evil." -- Space Ghost

04 Jun 2004 22:33:06
Jose
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

"Phelps" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Jose" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I am thinking you should get something like corplast and make a
rectangular
> > case for the whole thing. Put the seam on the bottom and rivet in an
> > aluminum strip. Then use the bottom screw hole (where the tripod would
go)
> > to secure the camera to the bottom. Put a hole in the bottom so that
you
> > can hold the actual camera and use the aforementioned plexi shield or
even
> > leave the lens shroud hanging out and covered with a "cheap" filter. If
you
> > end up putting on a filter and covering it with a trash bag, I would say
put
> > some cardboard strips on the inside or some foam to soak up any direct
> > impacts.
>
> No tripod. I won't shoot paintball with one camera that way. A hard
> case is probably a bad idea. I want something that gives. The ND
> filter would be something that I considered a consumable, like a mask
> lens. It takes a direct hit, you replace it. (It is there to save the
> lens from taking that hit.) Considering that the front optic is usually
> close to 3/4" thick, it could probably take a hit, but I am worried
> about paint in the works and the coatings on the lens.
>
> For the cover, I was thinking about three layers of cordura with 1/2"
> heavy batting on the backside, satin on the inside, and a flap-over on
> the right side so I can get the controls. Maybe a flap on the rear so I
> can see the readout, and then heavy duty velcro to seal it. So think
> more of a sleeve that the camera slides into from the back (the usual
> design of a porta-brace style cover.) The material I setup would be
> like this:
>
> cordura
> batting
> cordura
> batting
> cordura
> batting
> satin
>
> That should handle paintball hits. (The camera isn't exactly
> fragile, and I'm not going to be bunkering anyone or being bunkered with
> it in my hand.) I probably wouldn't be this worried about it if it was
> MY camera and not the company's.
>
> --
> Phelps <http://www.donotremove.net>
> "You better slap a muzzle on that scaled down piece of evil." -- Space
Ghost

If you can stitch that up, that sounds like a great idea. A soft case would
be way cool. Perhaps you could get some thick polyethelene sheet and make a
window with a couple layers.

Jose

05 Jun 2004 17:28:46
Phelps
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

In article <[email protected] >,
"Jose" <[email protected] > wrote:

> If you can stitch that up, that sounds like a great idea. A soft case would
> be way cool. Perhaps you could get some thick polyethelene sheet and make a
> window with a couple layers.

I thought about still going with some optical lexan, but I can't
figure out how to a) keep it against the lens hood and b) tie it into
the rest of it. I think I am just going to snug the soft-case around
the lens hood and use the ND filter. Hell, the lens hood reduces the
target on this thing to about a 2.5"x2.5" square. It's about a four
paintball area. It would have to be a really lucky shot to actually hit
the ND filter.

--
Phelps <http://www.donotremove.netcolor=#0000FF> >
"You better slap a muzzle on that scaled down piece of evil." -- Space Ghost

05 Jun 2004 18:34:14
Jose
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

"Phelps" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Jose" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > If you can stitch that up, that sounds like a great idea. A soft case
would
> > be way cool. Perhaps you could get some thick polyethelene sheet and
make a
> > window with a couple layers.
>
> I thought about still going with some optical lexan, but I can't
> figure out how to a) keep it against the lens hood and b) tie it into
> the rest of it. I think I am just going to snug the soft-case around
> the lens hood and use the ND filter. Hell, the lens hood reduces the
> target on this thing to about a 2.5"x2.5" square. It's about a four
> paintball area. It would have to be a really lucky shot to actually hit
> the ND filter.
>
> --
> Phelps <http://www.donotremove.net>
> "You better slap a muzzle on that scaled down piece of evil." -- Space
Ghost

I think the snug fit around the hood with ND filter is a good option. You
don't think a couple direct hits would put excess pressure on the neck of
the lens hood, do ya?

Jose

06 Jun 2004 04:57:15
Phelps
Re: The THIRD DM4 video

In article <[email protected] >,
"Jose" <[email protected] > wrote:

> I think the snug fit around the hood with ND filter is a good option. You
> don't think a couple direct hits would put excess pressure on the neck of
> the lens hood, do ya?

The lens hood is semi-rigid plastic (it gives some but feels firm)
and is only attached with a set-screw. The worst that will happen is
that the set-screw will dig a groove and the hood will come lose and
need to be retightened into the goove.