23 Aug 2005 21:14:08
Brian
Thinking about an Angel

I have been thinking about buying an Angel, mainly because I love their
looks, but am a little stumped about which one to buy. For starters I don't
have the coin for a G& or an 05 Speed but some of the other speeds have come
down in price and are going pretty cheap used, but I don't know the in's and
out's of each model. I think I will get either an IR3 or an '04 Speed. Can
someone shed a little light on why or why not to buy either.

Thanks in advance.

24 Aug 2005 01:06:11
Tony Sr.
Re: Thinking about an Angel

Matrix is better choice IMHO ...
"Brian" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I have been thinking about buying an Angel, mainly because I love their
> looks, but am a little stumped about which one to buy. For starters I
don't
> have the coin for a G& or an 05 Speed but some of the other speeds have
come
> down in price and are going pretty cheap used, but I don't know the in's
and
> out's of each model. I think I will get either an IR3 or an '04 Speed.
Can
> someone shed a little light on why or why not to buy either.
>
> Thanks in advance.

24 Aug 2005 12:26:23
John Comma Smith
Re: Thinking about an Angel

Tony Sr. wrote:
> Matrix is better choice IMHO ...

Yup, no ball rollback. Unless you want the G7, which I hear has an
upgrdaded bolt.

25 Aug 2005 04:33:55
Dave W
Re: Thinking about an Angel

I swear Tony,your answer to everything is "Get a Proto".lol.just
playing.Don't get an ir3.They were supposed to be the new hottness of
angels back in 02.they tried out a bunch of new things,and none of them
worked.Almost the same way with the 03-04 speed.They really are not that
good without an upgrade eye/board mod.But then again,neither is any high
end gun.My favorite is an LCD Angel,with eyes and a nice board.
www.angelowners.com aswell as www.theangelguy.com will give you more
info.TAG's predator II mod is really good.but it is a little pricey.Hope
this helps.

ANGEL 4 LIFE-EZ PAINTBALL= #1
BASHING NOOBIES IS EZ

25 Aug 2005 04:50:59
Tony Sr.
Re: Thinking about an Angel

Dave my gun that I use is an Autococker with no batteries....how do i do
it...its e-z....just be smart and quick....matrix will always be special to
me as i was one of the first to own one.
"Dave W" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I swear Tony,your answer to everything is "Get a Proto".lol.just
> playing.Don't get an ir3.They were supposed to be the new hottness of
> angels back in 02.they tried out a bunch of new things,and none of them
> worked.Almost the same way with the 03-04 speed.They really are not that
> good without an upgrade eye/board mod.But then again,neither is any high
> end gun.My favorite is an LCD Angel,with eyes and a nice board.
> www.angelowners.com aswell as www.theangelguy.com will give you more
> info.TAG's predator II mod is really good.but it is a little pricey.Hope
> this helps.
>
> ANGEL 4 LIFE-EZ PAINTBALL= #1
> BASHING NOOBIES IS EZ

25 Aug 2005 17:00:16
Brian
Re: Thinking about an Angel

Are youtalking the old school Matrix, the DM3 or the Proto?

I hear nice things about the DM3, I love the looks of the Proto ( but on my
budget is still a little costly ) but I do want to try to stick with the
newer technology markers with eyes.

"Tony Sr." <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Matrix is better choice IMHO ...
> "Brian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I have been thinking about buying an Angel, mainly because I love their
> > looks, but am a little stumped about which one to buy. For starters I
> don't
> > have the coin for a G& or an 05 Speed but some of the other speeds have
> come
> > down in price and are going pretty cheap used, but I don't know the in's
> and
> > out's of each model. I think I will get either an IR3 or an '04 Speed.
> Can
> > someone shed a little light on why or why not to buy either.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

25 Aug 2005 17:33:39
Tempest
Re: Thinking about an Angel

Never buy a paintball gun primarily based on looks. Jesus. What has this
sport come to?

"Brian" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I have been thinking about buying an Angel, mainly because I love their
> looks, but am a little stumped about which one to buy. For starters I
> don't
> have the coin for a G& or an 05 Speed but some of the other speeds have
> come
> down in price and are going pretty cheap used, but I don't know the in's
> and
> out's of each model. I think I will get either an IR3 or an '04 Speed.
> Can
> someone shed a little light on why or why not to buy either.
>
> Thanks in advance.

25 Aug 2005 15:28:46
mad8
Re: Thinking about an Angel

buy a dm4

25 Aug 2005 16:35:58
Tony Sr.
Re: Thinking about an Angel

sorry but Proto is my answer.
"Brian" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Are youtalking the old school Matrix, the DM3 or the Proto?
>
> I hear nice things about the DM3, I love the looks of the Proto ( but on
my
> budget is still a little costly ) but I do want to try to stick with the
> newer technology markers with eyes.
>

> "Tony Sr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Matrix is better choice IMHO ...
> > "Brian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > I have been thinking about buying an Angel, mainly because I love
their
> > > looks, but am a little stumped about which one to buy. For starters I
> > don't
> > > have the coin for a G& or an 05 Speed but some of the other speeds
have
> > come
> > > down in price and are going pretty cheap used, but I don't know the
in's
> > and
> > > out's of each model. I think I will get either an IR3 or an '04
Speed.
> > Can
> > > someone shed a little light on why or why not to buy either.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.

25 Aug 2005 22:54:21
Brian
Re: Thinking about an Angel

> Never buy a paintball gun primarily based on looks. Jesus. What has this
> sport come to?

LOL, I know Idid say that but it does go deeper than that, I would not buy a
marker based solely on that.
I realize that not too many years ago that Angels were the pride and joy of
every person who toted one, I was just wondering really if they had slipped
a little in quality, or has the rest of the field started to overtake the
Angel family.

You are right though, to buy based only on looks is pretty pathetic. I do
really like the 90 degree frames on the speeds and IR3, and I guess the rest
of them as well :-)

27 Aug 2005 03:19:48
LCT Paintball
Re: Thinking about an Angel

> You are right though, to buy based only on looks is pretty pathetic.

If I were buying on looks, I'd have an alien intimidator. If I were buying
on sound, it would be a cocker. If I wanted bang for my buck, it would be an
A-5.

26 Aug 2005 20:26:59
Tony Sr.
Re: Thinking about an Angel

if i wanted ALL that in one gun proto or any dye matrix.....
"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s22...
> > You are right though, to buy based only on looks is pretty pathetic.
>
> If I were buying on looks, I'd have an alien intimidator. If I were buying
> on sound, it would be a cocker. If I wanted bang for my buck, it would be
an
> A-5.

27 Aug 2005 12:13:45
LCT Paintball
Re: Thinking about an Angel

> if i wanted ALL that in one gun proto or any dye matrix.....

:)

Nice one Tony.

27 Aug 2005 11:28:19
Andy White
Re: Thinking about an Angel

04 speed. its super sweet. or get the 05 speed, even better

http://community.webtv.net/jaws4ww/ANDYSPAINTBALLCRIB

27 Aug 2005 09:39:52
John Comma Smith
Re: Thinking about an Angel

Andy White wrote:
> 04 speed. its super sweet. or get the 05 speed, even better
>
> http://community.webtv.net/jaws4ww/ANDYSPAINTBALLCRIB

Whats different?

27 Aug 2005 13:17:55
Jeff Goslin
Re: Thinking about an Angel

"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s22...
> > You are right though, to buy based only on looks is pretty pathetic.
>
> If I were buying on looks, I'd have an alien intimidator. If I were buying
> on sound, it would be a cocker. If I wanted bang for my buck, it would be
an
> A-5.

If *I* wanted bang for my buck, it would be a Tippmann Pro-Am. Those
bastards were LOUD. Oooh! Stingrays, too, those suckers used to REALLY
bite my ears when I would chrono them hung over.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

LCT Paintball
Re: Thinking about an Angel

> bastards were LOUD. Oooh! Stingrays, too, those suckers used to REALLY
> bite my ears when I would chrono them hung over.

I still have a stingray that I use for a loaner. It's one of the black ones
before they switched to the cheaper clear plastics. I keep hoping that thing
will die so I can throw it away, but it just won't!

28 Aug 2005 05:13:28
Matt Moriearty
Re: Thinking about an Angel

LCT Paintball wrote:

> I still have a stingray that I use for a loaner. It's one of the black ones
> before they switched to the cheaper clear plastics. I keep hoping that thing
> will die so I can throw it away, but it just won't!

Old BE's are Tippman's retarded cousin. They may be crap, but they
*remain* crap instead of breaking. I still have (and even use, for
giggles) a Talon I bought about five years ago. :P

--
Please note that due to cuts in the budget, the light at the end of the
tunnel has been disconnected.

28 Aug 2005 01:57:13
Jeff Goslin
Re: Thinking about an Angel

Oh shit, I thought you were talking about *OLD* Brass Eagle stuff. The
really old stuff was GREAT, the Cobra and King Cobra, awesome stuff.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

"Matt Moriearty" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> LCT Paintball wrote:
>
> > I still have a stingray that I use for a loaner. It's one of the black
ones
> > before they switched to the cheaper clear plastics. I keep hoping that
thing
> > will die so I can throw it away, but it just won't!
> >

> Old BE's are Tippman's retarded cousin. They may be crap, but they
> *remain* crap instead of breaking. I still have (and even use, for
> giggles) a Talon I bought about five years ago. :P
>
> --
> Please note that due to cuts in the budget, the light at the end of the
> tunnel has been disconnected.
> --Management

30 Aug 2005 14:16:14
Tempest
Re: Thinking about an Angel

"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s72...

>> if i wanted ALL that in one gun proto or any dye matrix.....

> :)
>
> Nice one Tony.

Except a Matrix sounds like a *BROKEN* cocker :)

31 Aug 2005 01:06:17
MadMan
Re: Thinking about an Angel

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 13:17:55 -0400, "Jeff Goslin"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>"LCT Paintball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]_s22...
>> > You are right though, to buy based only on looks is pretty pathetic.
>>
>> If I were buying on looks, I'd have an alien intimidator. If I were buying
>> on sound, it would be a cocker. If I wanted bang for my buck, it would be
>an
>> A-5.
>
>If *I* wanted bang for my buck, it would be a Tippmann Pro-Am. Those
>bastards were LOUD. Oooh! Stingrays, too, those suckers used to REALLY
>bite my ears when I would chrono them hung over.

Heh, I hear that-so to speak- of course if you want one step louder
try poping off with an ATS with a hang over... ouch...

Stal

14 Sep 2005 06:56:19
Jeb Hoge
Re: Thinking about an Angel

I had an Angel for a little while...original LED, when THEY were the
new hotness, and it was nice and all, but frankly, the Vapor-modded
BM2K I ended up with a couple of years later was just as good at a
third of the price. And right now if it's an electro you want with
ACE, looks, and performance, the ICD Promaster pretty well smokes
anything else at any price.

14 Sep 2005 08:10:27
Tony Sr.
Re: Thinking about an Angel

we all have our special likes...I for one have had my fill of bushys...
news:[email protected]