21 Dec 2005 15:56:32
Nick
Which Paintball Marker?

Hi,

Im looking to buy my first paintball marker as I have been playing for over
a year now and am entering into minor competitions. I have a budget of
about 100 and was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good marker.
I was looking for a marker that has good accuracy as I like to snipe people
from a distance.
I have been told the JT tactical assault marker is fairly good as it can be
upgraded to have a sniper barrel.
Anyone have any ideas on a good marker?

Thanks

21 Dec 2005 10:03:15
Re: Which Paintball Marker?

there is no such thing as a sniper barrel.

your best bet for the money is a tipmann or spyder. if you're willing
to spend a little more, get an ION (though the UK version of the board
is kinda weak - no ramping and such)

21 Dec 2005 20:14:38
LCT Paintball
Re: Which Paintball Marker?

> Im looking to buy my first paintball marker as I have been playing for
> over a year now and am entering into minor competitions. I have a budget
> of about 100 and was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good
> marker. I was looking for a marker that has good accuracy as I like to
> snipe people from a distance.
> I have been told the JT tactical assault marker is fairly good as it can
> be upgraded to have a sniper barrel.
> Anyone have any ideas on a good marker?
>
> Thanks

Ya know, we don't mind helping people around here, but I for one would
prefer a little honesty.

Why don't you just say you have no clue what you're talking about instead of
I've been playing for a year?

21 Dec 2005 20:39:56
DeathX
Re: Which Paintball Marker?

I work with a guy who bought a JT tac 5 and he hates it. He's trying to
sell it.
He bought an A-5 that he loves.

21 Dec 2005 22:49:26
Matt Moriearty
Re: Which Paintball Marker?

DeathX wrote:
> I work with a guy who bought a JT tac 5 and he hates it. He's trying to
> sell it.
> He bought an A-5 that he loves.

Right. For a first marker, your best bets are a Tippman or a Piranha.
Tippmans never break, but are a bit heavy, Spyders and Piranhas are
almost insultingly simply to fix on the rare occasion they do (assuming
you maintain it, of course), and are a bit smaller.

--
Please note that due to cuts in the budget, the light at the end of the
tunnel has been disconnected.

21 Dec 2005 19:06:37
BEEFJERKYHUNTER
Re: Which Paintball Marker?

100 Euros is a lot of money..................
i wish i had a hundred euros
but i would get a WGP Trilogy Sport Autococker
Very good for their price
There used to be a huge sale that was for $90 instead of $150
but it doesn't exist anymore
But see if you can get one
and gimme some of that 100 euros
please?
puh-lease?

21 Dec 2005 19:40:49
John Comma Smith
Re: Which Paintball Marker?

BEEFJERKYHUNTER wrote:
> 100 Euros is a lot of money..................
> i wish i had a hundred euros
> but i would get a WGP Trilogy Sport Autococker
> Very good for their price
> There used to be a huge sale that was for $90 instead of $150
> but it doesn't exist anymore
> But see if you can get one
> and gimme some of that 100 euros
> please?
> puh-lease?

He has 100 Pounds, not Euros. So he has even more.

22 Dec 2005 10:16:45
Stuart Coomber
Re: Which Paintball Marker?

Hello Nick,

Whilst 100 is a good starting point to enter the world of paintball, it is
just that a starting point. Try to get something that is tried and trusted
if that's your budget and thinking of going in to some competitions. I'm
sure you've been told this before but have a look at Tippmanns (Custom 98).
You will be able to pick up one of these second-hand for the money you have,
and may be if you're lucky you might find a new one but normally they retail
for about 130. Many paintball sites use Tippmanns as rentals, so you could
always approach your local site and see what they have available. Once you
have your new marker (and saved a little more cash) go for a new barrel.
Again you do not need to spend a fortune on this, may be 40 tops and try
not to be tempted by a super long barrel (12"-14" is just fine).

However what I would recommend as your first purchase is a set of good
goggles. Make sure they have some kind of thermal (fog resistant) lens in,
after all what's the point in a nice new gun if you cannot see more than 10
yards. Final get friendly with your local site, that way you'll have a goods
source of Co2/gas bottles/paintballs, and your sure to make some new friends
that share your interest.

Take care and enjoy.

Stu

"Nick" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hi,
>
> Im looking to buy my first paintball marker as I have been playing for
> over a year now and am entering into minor competitions. I have a budget
> of about 100 and was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good
> marker. I was looking for a marker that has good accuracy as I like to
> snipe people from a distance.
> I have been told the JT tactical assault marker is fairly good as it can
> be upgraded to have a sniper barrel.
> Anyone have any ideas on a good marker?
>
> Thanks

22 Dec 2005 11:00:36
Nick
Re: Which Paintball Marker?

I have been playing for over a year now, but no I do not know a lot about
the markers used. Lots of people have recommended different things that's
why im trying to clear things up here.

Thanks

"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s72...

>> Im looking to buy my first paintball marker as I have been playing for
>> over a year now and am entering into minor competitions. I have a budget
>> of about 100 and was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good
>> marker. I was looking for a marker that has good accuracy as I like to
>> snipe people from a distance.
>> I have been told the JT tactical assault marker is fairly good as it can
>> be upgraded to have a sniper barrel.
>> Anyone have any ideas on a good marker?
>>
>> Thanks
>

> Ya know, we don't mind helping people around here, but I for one would
> prefer a little honesty.
>
> Why don't you just say you have no clue what you're talking about instead
> of I've been playing for a year?

22 Dec 2005 11:05:26
Nick
Re: Which Paintball Marker?

Thanks for the advice, I did see a website selling these in a sale a while
ago, but as you say they're prob not on sale anymore. As for the rest of
the 100, sorry but that has to go on my uni fees.

Thanks

"BEEFJERKYHUNTER" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> 100 Euros is a lot of money..................
> i wish i had a hundred euros
> but i would get a WGP Trilogy Sport Autococker
> Very good for their price
> There used to be a huge sale that was for $90 instead of $150
> but it doesn't exist anymore
> But see if you can get one
> and gimme some of that 100 euros
> please?
> puh-lease?

22 Dec 2005 11:16:11
Nick
Re: Which Paintball Marker?

Thanks for the advice. Most of the sites that I go to use the Tippman
custom 98, but they always seem to have been battered around a lot.
Do you know of anywhere that sells second-hand markers? I have tried a few
shops around and they occasionally have some, and the local ads section in
the paper never has much.
The mask is on my xmas list so we shall see what Santa brings me.

Thanks

"Stuart Coomber" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hello Nick,
>
> Whilst 100 is a good starting point to enter the world of paintball, it
> is just that a starting point. Try to get something that is tried and
> trusted if that's your budget and thinking of going in to some
> competitions. I'm sure you've been told this before but have a look at
> Tippmanns (Custom 98). You will be able to pick up one of these
> second-hand for the money you have, and may be if you're lucky you might
> find a new one but normally they retail for about 130. Many paintball
> sites use Tippmanns as rentals, so you could always approach your local
> site and see what they have available. Once you have your new marker (and
> saved a little more cash) go for a new barrel. Again you do not need to
> spend a fortune on this, may be 40 tops and try not to be tempted by a
> super long barrel (12"-14" is just fine).
>
> However what I would recommend as your first purchase is a set of good
> goggles. Make sure they have some kind of thermal (fog resistant) lens in,
> after all what's the point in a nice new gun if you cannot see more than
> 10 yards. Final get friendly with your local site, that way you'll have a
> goods source of Co2/gas bottles/paintballs, and your sure to make some new
> friends that share your interest.
>
> Take care and enjoy.
>
> Stu
>
> "Nick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Hi,
>>
>> Im looking to buy my first paintball marker as I have been playing for
>> over a year now and am entering into minor competitions. I have a budget
>> of about 100 and was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good
>> marker. I was looking for a marker that has good accuracy as I like to
>> snipe people from a distance.
>> I have been told the JT tactical assault marker is fairly good as it can
>> be upgraded to have a sniper barrel.
>> Anyone have any ideas on a good marker?
>>
>> Thanks

22 Dec 2005 08:22:27
Re: Which Paintball Marker?

ebay for some decent deals ;)
check pbnation.com classifieds but most people will be iffy about
sending markers to GB
Nick wrote:
> Thanks for the advice. Most of the sites that I go to use the Tippman
> custom 98, but they always seem to have been battered around a lot.
> Do you know of anywhere that sells second-hand markers? I have tried a f=
ew
> shops around and they occasionally have some, and the local ads section in
> the paper never has much.
> The mask is on my xmas list so we shall see what Santa brings me.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Stuart Coomber" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Hello Nick,
> >
> > Whilst =A3100 is a good starting point to enter the world of paintball,=
it
> > is just that a starting point. Try to get something that is tried and
> > trusted if that's your budget and thinking of going in to some
> > competitions. I'm sure you've been told this before but have a look at
> > Tippmanns (Custom 98). You will be able to pick up one of these
> > second-hand for the money you have, and may be if you're lucky you might
> > find a new one but normally they retail for about =A3130. Many paintball
> > sites use Tippmanns as rentals, so you could always approach your local
> > site and see what they have available. Once you have your new marker (a=
nd
> > saved a little more cash) go for a new barrel. Again you do not need to
> > spend a fortune on this, may be =A340 tops and try not to be tempted by=
> > super long barrel (12"-14" is just fine).
> >
> > However what I would recommend as your first purchase is a set of good
> > goggles. Make sure they have some kind of thermal (fog resistant) lens =
in,
> > after all what's the point in a nice new gun if you cannot see more than
> > 10 yards. Final get friendly with your local site, that way you'll have=
> > goods source of Co2/gas bottles/paintballs, and your sure to make some =
new
> > friends that share your interest.
> >
> > Take care and enjoy.
> >
> > Stu
> >
> > "Nick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Im looking to buy my first paintball marker as I have been playing for
> >> over a year now and am entering into minor competitions. I have a bud=
get
> >> of about =A3100 and was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good
> >> marker. I was looking for a marker that has good accuracy as I like to
> >> snipe people from a distance.
> >> I have been told the JT tactical assault marker is fairly good as it c=
an
> >> be upgraded to have a sniper barrel.
> >> Anyone have any ideas on a good marker?
> >>
> >> Thanks

22 Dec 2005 08:22:28

Nick wrote:
> Thanks for the advice. Most of the sites that I go to use the Tippman
> custom 98, but they always seem to have been battered around a lot.
> Do you know of anywhere that sells second-hand markers? I have tried a f=
ew
> shops around and they occasionally have some, and the local ads section in
> the paper never has much.
> The mask is on my xmas list so we shall see what Santa brings me.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Stuart Coomber" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Hello Nick,
> >
> > Whilst =A3100 is a good starting point to enter the world of paintball,=
it
> > is just that a starting point. Try to get something that is tried and
> > trusted if that's your budget and thinking of going in to some
> > competitions. I'm sure you've been told this before but have a look at
> > Tippmanns (Custom 98). You will be able to pick up one of these
> > second-hand for the money you have, and may be if you're lucky you might
> > find a new one but normally they retail for about =A3130. Many paintball
> > sites use Tippmanns as rentals, so you could always approach your local
> > site and see what they have available. Once you have your new marker (a=
nd
> > saved a little more cash) go for a new barrel. Again you do not need to
> > spend a fortune on this, may be =A340 tops and try not to be tempted by=
> > super long barrel (12"-14" is just fine).
> >
> > However what I would recommend as your first purchase is a set of good
> > goggles. Make sure they have some kind of thermal (fog resistant) lens =
in,
> > after all what's the point in a nice new gun if you cannot see more than
> > 10 yards. Final get friendly with your local site, that way you'll have=
> > goods source of Co2/gas bottles/paintballs, and your sure to make some =
new
> > friends that share your interest.
> >
> > Take care and enjoy.
> >
> > Stu
> >
> > "Nick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Im looking to buy my first paintball marker as I have been playing for
> >> over a year now and am entering into minor competitions. I have a bud=
get
> >> of about =A3100 and was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good
> >> marker. I was looking for a marker that has good accuracy as I like to
> >> snipe people from a distance.
> >> I have been told the JT tactical assault marker is fairly good as it c=
an
> >> be upgraded to have a sniper barrel.
> >> Anyone have any ideas on a good marker?
> >>
> >> Thanks

22 Dec 2005 08:22:30

Nick wrote:
> Thanks for the advice. Most of the sites that I go to use the Tippman
> custom 98, but they always seem to have been battered around a lot.
> Do you know of anywhere that sells second-hand markers? I have tried a f=
ew
> shops around and they occasionally have some, and the local ads section in
> the paper never has much.
> The mask is on my xmas list so we shall see what Santa brings me.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Stuart Coomber" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Hello Nick,
> >
> > Whilst =A3100 is a good starting point to enter the world of paintball,=
it
> > is just that a starting point. Try to get something that is tried and
> > trusted if that's your budget and thinking of going in to some
> > competitions. I'm sure you've been told this before but have a look at
> > Tippmanns (Custom 98). You will be able to pick up one of these
> > second-hand for the money you have, and may be if you're lucky you might
> > find a new one but normally they retail for about =A3130. Many paintball
> > sites use Tippmanns as rentals, so you could always approach your local
> > site and see what they have available. Once you have your new marker (a=
nd
> > saved a little more cash) go for a new barrel. Again you do not need to
> > spend a fortune on this, may be =A340 tops and try not to be tempted by=
> > super long barrel (12"-14" is just fine).
> >
> > However what I would recommend as your first purchase is a set of good
> > goggles. Make sure they have some kind of thermal (fog resistant) lens =
in,
> > after all what's the point in a nice new gun if you cannot see more than
> > 10 yards. Final get friendly with your local site, that way you'll have=
> > goods source of Co2/gas bottles/paintballs, and your sure to make some =
new
> > friends that share your interest.
> >
> > Take care and enjoy.
> >
> > Stu
> >
> > "Nick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Im looking to buy my first paintball marker as I have been playing for
> >> over a year now and am entering into minor competitions. I have a bud=
get
> >> of about =A3100 and was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good
> >> marker. I was looking for a marker that has good accuracy as I like to
> >> snipe people from a distance.
> >> I have been told the JT tactical assault marker is fairly good as it c=
an
> >> be upgraded to have a sniper barrel.
> >> Anyone have any ideas on a good marker?
> >>
> >> Thanks

22 Dec 2005 17:52:04
Dansker
Re: Which Paintball Marker?

You play woodsball or speedball?
"Nick" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I have been playing for over a year now, but no I do not know a lot about
>the markers used. Lots of people have recommended different things that's
>why im trying to clear things up here.
>
> Thanks
>
> "LCT Paintball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]_s72...
>>

>>> Im looking to buy my first paintball marker as I have been playing for
>>> over a year now and am entering into minor competitions. I have a
>>> budget of about 100 and was just wondering if anyone could recommend a
>>> good marker. I was looking for a marker that has good accuracy as I like
>>> to snipe people from a distance.
>>> I have been told the JT tactical assault marker is fairly good as it can
>>> be upgraded to have a sniper barrel.
>>> Anyone have any ideas on a good marker?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>

>> Ya know, we don't mind helping people around here, but I for one would
>> prefer a little honesty.
>>
>> Why don't you just say you have no clue what you're talking about instead
>> of I've been playing for a year?

22 Dec 2005 19:33:00
Nick
Re: Which Paintball Marker?

I mainly play woodsball

"Dansker" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> You play woodsball or speedball?
> "Nick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>I have been playing for over a year now, but no I do not know a lot about
>>the markers used. Lots of people have recommended different things that's
>>why im trying to clear things up here.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> "LCT Paintball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]_s72...

>>> Ya know, we don't mind helping people around here, but I for one would
>>> prefer a little honesty.
>>>
>>> Why don't you just say you have no clue what you're talking about
>>> instead of I've been playing for a year?

22 Dec 2005 16:35:30
Dan Martin
Re: Which Paintball Marker?

Can't go wrong with a tippman for woodsball, 98, 98 custom, or a5, although
the first two are probably in the price range you're looking at. The markers
are known for their reliability. The cash left over , put towards a good
mask with a 2 layer thermal lens.

Cheers
Dan