18 Jul 2004 09:27:38
Destiny Publications
X-Ball,PSP, NPPL

Just getting into paintball so I'm a noob here. From what I understand there
are three different leagues for paintball in North America? Can someone give
me a brief overview of what makes the three different? Plus which one seems
to be more popular with average players?? Thanks.

NPPL ??
PSP ??
X-Ball ??

18 Jul 2004 10:41:07
TONY SR.
Re: X-Ball,PSP, NPPL

this group does not like the tourny scene too much...if you say woods or rec
ball or scenario you would get more answers...

guys to listen to here are
D.Devin
tyger
Jeff goslin (long winded) but cool
tempest
Billy Joe Jim bob ?
ayar15
big habeeb
Jose
azflyboy (loves Asians)
lots more that I left out....
but when it comes to the real stuff just ask yourself ....

--
www.paintball-amargio1.com
"Destiny Publications" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Just getting into paintball so I'm a noob here. From what I understand
there
> are three different leagues for paintball in North America? Can someone
give
> me a brief overview of what makes the three different? Plus which one
seems
> to be more popular with average players?? Thanks.
>
> NPPL ??
> PSP ??
> X-Ball ??

18 Jul 2004 05:49:05
Tyger
Re: X-Ball,PSP, NPPL

"Destiny Publications" was so kind to ask :

> are three different leagues for paintball in North America? Can someone
give
> me a brief overview of what makes the three different? Plus which one
seems
> to be more popular with average players?? Thanks.
>
> NPPL ??
> PSP ??
> X-Ball ??

The NPPL is the PLAYERS league. National Professional Paintball League.
It's supposed to be similar to the "Players union" in any given sport. They
have a ruleset that they use throught the season.

PSP is Paintball Sports Promotion, a promotional group that runs events for
the NPPL. Super-7 is the other "major" promotor of events.

X-Ball is one of the events that PSP runs.

Hope that helps.

-Tyger
--
: "It's amazing what you can find in a salvage yard, 'aye T-Bone?" :
: SPAM BLOCK : to mail me delete the "bleet"! / -Razor, Swat Kats :

18 Jul 2004 10:18:35
BillyJoeJimBob
Re: X-Ball,PSP, NPPL

TONY SR. wrote:

> guys to listen to here are

[ snip of all those unimportant folks ;) ]

> Billy Joe Jim bob ?

[ snip of more unimportant folks ;) ]

Awww... I feel so special this morning, and for once, it's not in the
most educational sense of the word.

BJJB

18 Jul 2004 12:14:46
Tempest
Re: X-Ball,PSP, NPPL

Sorry Tyger, gotta correct you on this one.

"Tyger" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> The NPPL is the PLAYERS league. National Professional Paintball League.
> It's supposed to be similar to the "Players union" in any given sport.
They
> have a ruleset that they use throught the season.

The NPPL and Pure Promotions run the "NPPL Super 7", a 7-man format. They
are a seperate league on their own and they have nothing to do with the PSP.

> PSP is Paintball Sports Promotion, a promotional group that runs events
for
> the NPPL. Super-7 is the other "major" promotor of events.

The PSP is a seperate entity and they run 10-man, 5-man, and X-ball formats
although many expect 10-man to die out soon.

> X-Ball is one of the events that PSP runs.

Right on this one. Xball is divided into three divisions, Div3, Div2, Div1,
Div3 being the "easiest". They run like a very long game of paintball- you
can find more info online but I can tell you that it is the most
logistically difficult yet most fun format to play today. On top of the
three divisions, there is the NXL which is the "franchise" version of Xball.

19 Jul 2004 04:03:44
DGDevin
Re: X-Ball,PSP, NPPL

"Destiny Publications" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Just getting into paintball so I'm a noob here. From what I understand
there
> are three different leagues for paintball in North America? Can someone
give
> me a brief overview of what makes the three different? Plus which one
seems
> to be more popular with average players?? Thanks.

"Average" players have nothing to do with tournament paintball. Maybe five
percent of all the people who play paintball will ever go near a tournament,
even a small-scale local event. Tournament paintball is very intense and
can be fun, but it is also expensive, a little brutal and tends to be
somewhat corrupt. At the moment the NPPL league seems to be in the lead,
but that could change fast. If you play paintball because it's fun, then
forget the tournament scene, it's another world, and not always a nice one.

19 Jul 2004 05:04:23
Destiny Publications
Re: X-Ball,PSP, NPPL

The group that introduced me to paintball play woodsball. Very fun plus a
good workout. :-) I read an article that Xball might become a regular
sport shown on ESPN or such. So I started looking into it more as something
to add to my winter football watching. Then I thought I wonder if paintball
tourneys are more for the players that play in them, than it is for the
group as a whole?? So I thought I'd ask how many are interested in it and
what the different leagues are. So if I understand this right NPPL is a
league that puts on different formats of tourneys. PSP is a promoter that
also puts on different formats of tourneys. xball, speedball, arenaball and
such are different names for formats of tourneys???