24 Aug 2004 21:15:23
Cybershark
a thing of unspeakable beauty...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=9013&messageid=1093299202

before you ask...it MAY not be functional...the owner is uncertain of the
strength of the air chamber walls and the bolt...but when you see the pic
you'll understand why he's not too willing to try and gas it up...

Ken

24 Aug 2004 22:28:07
Tempest
Re: a thing of unspeakable beauty...

wow...

"Cybershark" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=9013&messageid=1093299202
>
> before you ask...it MAY not be functional...the owner is uncertain of the
> strength of the air chamber walls and the bolt...but when you see the pic
> you'll understand why he's not too willing to try and gas it up...
>
> Ken

25 Aug 2004 02:40:24
Billy Goodman
Re: a thing of unspeakable beauty...

thing.. unspeakable..

got no argument there, but uh...

Billy Goodman -
Pukin Dogs
http://www.pukindogspaintball.com

25 Aug 2004 02:57:21
Phelps
Re: a thing of unspeakable beauty...

In article <[email protected] >,
"Cybershark" <[email protected] > wrote:

> http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=9013&messageid=1093299202
>
> before you ask...it MAY not be functional...the owner is uncertain of the
> strength of the air chamber walls and the bolt...but when you see the pic
> you'll understand why he's not too willing to try and gas it up...

What's really sad (and it's all sad about me, not the airsmith) is
that the first thing I thought was "is that legal without a beaver tail?"

--
Phelps <http://www.donotremove.netcolor=#0000FF> >
"Bury me with all my stuff, because you know that it is mine."

25 Aug 2004 00:40:28
Jeff Goslin
Re: a thing of unspeakable beauty...

Like to see the owner get a gun hit cleaned up in time for the next game...
;)

But, that said, it's a nice wall piece. Definitely shows what can be
accomplished with enough time and dedication.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

"Billy Goodman" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> thing.. unspeakable..
>
> got no argument there, but uh...
>

> Billy Goodman -
> Pukin Dogs
> http://www.pukindogspaintball.com

25 Aug 2004 00:00:09
Cybershark
Re: a thing of unspeakable beauty...

yeah...ofcourse my first thought was,"where'd he hide the eblade's board?" I
guess once you go E-cocker the rest just don't seem quite right...I've got a
pneumatic cocker in my collection, but I don't know if I'll ever use it
again...I want a shot of the skeletal gun's front block...mechanical can
look good if done right, and I'm guessing this one was done right...

Ken
"Phelps" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Cybershark" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=9013&messageid=1093299202
>>
>> before you ask...it MAY not be functional...the owner is uncertain of the
>> strength of the air chamber walls and the bolt...but when you see the pic
>> you'll understand why he's not too willing to try and gas it up...
>
> What's really sad (and it's all sad about me, not the airsmith) is
> that the first thing I thought was "is that legal without a beaver tail?"
>
> --
> Phelps <http://www.donotremove.net>
> "Bury me with all my stuff, because you know that it is mine."
> -- Master Shake's Suicide Note, "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"

25 Aug 2004 13:50:56
LCT Paintball
Re: a thing of unspeakable beauty...

Wow, that is a piece of work! He must have done most of it by hand! Even a 5
axis machining center would have trouble milling that without breaking it!

--
"Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
www.LCTPaintball.com

"Phelps" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Cybershark" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=9013&messageid=1093299202
> >
> > before you ask...it MAY not be functional...the owner is uncertain of
the
> > strength of the air chamber walls and the bolt...but when you see the
pic
> > you'll understand why he's not too willing to try and gas it up...
>
> What's really sad (and it's all sad about me, not the airsmith) is
> that the first thing I thought was "is that legal without a beaver tail?"
>
> --
> Phelps <http://www.donotremove.net>
> "Bury me with all my stuff, because you know that it is mine."
> -- Master Shake's Suicide Note, "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"

25 Aug 2004 09:37:46
Jose
Re: a thing of unspeakable beauty...

Says he put 1200 hours into it. I would definitely say that was hand done.

Jose

"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s53...
> Wow, that is a piece of work! He must have done most of it by hand! Even a
5
> axis machining center would have trouble milling that without breaking it!
>
> --
> "Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
> www.LCTPaintball.com
> www.LCTProducts.com
>

> "Phelps" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "Cybershark" <[email protected]> wrote:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=9013&messageid=1093299202

> > > before you ask...it MAY not be functional...the owner is uncertain of
> the
> > > strength of the air chamber walls and the bolt...but when you see the
> pic
> > > you'll understand why he's not too willing to try and gas it up...
> >
> > What's really sad (and it's all sad about me, not the airsmith) is
> > that the first thing I thought was "is that legal without a beaver
tail?"

> > --
> > Phelps <http://www.donotremove.net>
> > "Bury me with all my stuff, because you know that it is mine."
> > -- Master Shake's Suicide Note, "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"

25 Aug 2004 17:17:01
Jeff Goslin
Re: a thing of unspeakable beauty...

1200 hours on a paintball gun? Imagine if you had to put a dollar figure on
that. Say, minimum wage or slightly higher(I'm quite sure artisans of this
skill level make much more, but...)... that's like 10K for a gun body.
damn.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

"Jose" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Says he put 1200 hours into it. I would definitely say that was hand
done.

> Jose
>

> "LCT Paintball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]_s53...
> > Wow, that is a piece of work! He must have done most of it by hand! Even
> 5
> > axis machining center would have trouble milling that without breaking
it!

> > --
> > "Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
> > www.LCTPaintball.com
> > www.LCTProducts.com
> >

> > "Phelps" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > In article <[email protected]>,
> > > "Cybershark" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >

> http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=9013&messageid=1093299202

> > the
> > pic
> > >
> > > What's really sad (and it's all sad about me, not the airsmith) is
> > > that the first thing I thought was "is that legal without a beaver
> tail?"
> > >
> > > --
> > > Phelps <http://www.donotremove.net>
> > > "Bury me with all my stuff, because you know that it is mine."
> > > -- Master Shake's Suicide Note, "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"

25 Aug 2004 18:02:15
Insane Ranter
Re: a thing of unspeakable beauty...

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> 1200 hours on a paintball gun? Imagine if you had to put a dollar figure
on
> that. Say, minimum wage or slightly higher(I'm quite sure artisans of
this
> skill level make much more, but...)... that's like 10K for a gun body.
> damn.

Going with the Federal rate of.. 5.15 per hour...

We get.. 6180 bucks... before taxes.

25 Aug 2004 22:09:04
Bruce Chang
Re: a thing of unspeakable beauty...

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > 1200 hours on a paintball gun? Imagine if you had to put a dollar
figure
> on
> > that. Say, minimum wage or slightly higher(I'm quite sure artisans of
> this
> > skill level make much more, but...)... that's like 10K for a gun body.
> > damn.
>
> Going with the Federal rate of.. 5.15 per hour...
>
> We get.. 6180 bucks... before taxes.

Just for a perspective check, that's 30 weeks of a full time job or 7.5
months straight working 5 days a week.

26 Aug 2004 00:11:51
Ayar
Re: a thing of unspeakable beauty...

"Cybershark" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=9013&messageid=1093299202
>
> before you ask...it MAY not be functional...the owner is uncertain of the
> strength of the air chamber walls and the bolt...but when you see the pic
> you'll understand why he's not too willing to try and gas it up...
>
> Ken

...lust...

25 Aug 2004 23:19:05
Insane Ranter
Re: a thing of unspeakable beauty...

"Bruce Chang" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >
> > "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > 1200 hours on a paintball gun? Imagine if you had to put a dollar
> figure
> > on
> > > that. Say, minimum wage or slightly higher(I'm quite sure artisans of
> > this
> > > skill level make much more, but...)... that's like 10K for a gun body.
> > > damn.
> >
> > Going with the Federal rate of.. 5.15 per hour...
> >
> > We get.. 6180 bucks... before taxes.
> >

> Just for a perspective check, that's 30 weeks of a full time job or 7.5
> months straight working 5 days a week.

And you'd need more than minimum wage to get me to do it too

25 Aug 2004 23:19:42
Insane Ranter
Re: a thing of unspeakable beauty...

"Ayar" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s02...

> "Cybershark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=9013&messageid=1093299202
> >
> > before you ask...it MAY not be functional...the owner is uncertain of
the
> > strength of the air chamber walls and the bolt...but when you see the
pic
> > you'll understand why he's not too willing to try and gas it up...
> >
> > Ken
> >

> ...lust...

ummm why? It's cool and a good job and all... guess I'm just function over
form guy.

26 Aug 2004 22:56:29
Ayar
Re: a thing of unspeakable beauty...

> ummm why? It's cool and a good job and all... guess I'm just function over
> form guy.

I see it as art, not as a marker. And it is beautiful, in my opinion.

26 Aug 2004 23:50:57
Insane Ranter
Re: a thing of unspeakable beauty...

"Ayar" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s02...

> > ummm why? It's cool and a good job and all... guess I'm just function
over
> > form guy.
> >

> I see it as art, not as a marker. And it is beautiful, in my opinion.

ok i might can see it as art.... but there ya go

26 Aug 2004 22:24:24
Jason G
Re: a thing of unspeakable beauty...

In article <[email protected] >, Insane Ranter says...

>ok i might can see it as art.... but there ya go

Hey, if Sauron played paintball, that'd be his rig.

27 Aug 2004 03:47:50
Insane Ranter
Re: a thing of unspeakable beauty...

"Jason G" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]>, Insane Ranter
says...

> >ok i might can see it as art.... but there ya go
>
> Hey, if Sauron played paintball, that'd be his rig.

You have caused Tolkien to spin in his grave you does. Not funny your post
it is. Sauron is in no need of that pearly rig. Him needs his ring he does.