28 Oct 2005 22:39:12
EDTHEWARD
and another thing...

I own a propane latern. The tank is used as the base. you screw the lantern
into the tank

you light it.

this means a constant stream of ignited gas right next to the tank.

whoop-de-do.

looks like this:

http://www.landbigfish.com/images/store/ps-2500A722.jpg

and guess what? same damn tank you can use on the Tippmann.

/2ndrant

28 Oct 2005 22:47:19
Sergeant Tibbs
Re: and another thing...

EDTHEWARD wrote:
> I own a propane latern. The tank is used as the base. you screw the lantern
> into the tank
>
> you light it.
>
> this means a constant stream of ignited gas right next to the tank.
>
> whoop-de-do.
>
> looks like this:
>
> http://www.landbigfish.com/images/store/ps-2500A722.jpg
>
> and guess what? same damn tank you can use on the Tippmann.
>
> /2ndrant

As I understand it you'd have to somehow break or puncture the tank to
get it to explode, and you'd also have to have the propane at a proper
ratio for combustion for it to do anything. There's so little danger in
the tanks at their pressure and because of the nature of propane, I'd
think the HPA systems are more dangerous.

Sergeant Tibbs

--

Typographical errors contained in this document are the sole copyright
of Typo Demons, Inc., or its subsidiary, Error Monkeys LLC. All rights

29 Oct 2005 03:15:45
Tom Greening
Re: and another thing...

You're missing the point. The point isn't that the gun is excessively
dangerous as is, but what happens to it when Billy Bob the self professed
Paintgun Propane-smith decides to start dicking with it. Your lantern
analogy doesn't hold water because people don't generally DICK AROUND WITH
THE SYSTEM! Unfortunately the same cannot be said for paintball players.

"EDTHEWARD" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I own a propane latern. The tank is used as the base. you screw the
lantern
> into the tank
>
> you light it.
>
> this means a constant stream of ignited gas right next to the tank.
>
> whoop-de-do.
>
> looks like this:
>
> http://www.landbigfish.com/images/store/ps-2500A722.jpg
>
> and guess what? same damn tank you can use on the Tippmann.
>
> /2ndrant

29 Oct 2005 04:02:16
EDTHEWARD
Re: and another thing...

"Tom Greening" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> You're missing the point. The point isn't that the gun is excessively
> dangerous as is, but what happens to it when Billy Bob the self professed
> Paintgun Propane-smith decides to start dicking with it. Your lantern
> analogy doesn't hold water because people don't generally DICK AROUND WITH
> THE SYSTEM! Unfortunately the same cannot be said for paintball players

and billy bob dying is a bad thing because......he's stupid? Do you think
everybody knows how to light a propane lantern properly?
Lesseee...flames...a lot of gas....billy bob drunk....hmmm.

History of paintball propellants as it stands today:

PROPANE!!! that's like cradling a freaking BOMB in your armpit!

HPA!!! that's like cradling a freaking BOMB in your armpit!

CO2!! that's like cradling a freaking ROCKET in your armpit!

12 GRAMS!!! THAT'S A COMPLETE WASTE OF A WHIPPITS HIGH, MAN...

Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundered-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!!!

...You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

I know many paintball players that throw their equipment in their trunk and
keep it there until they play again. not everybody cares about messing with
their guns as long as they work. Hell, ask Jeff Goslin the resident dead-eye
dick (that's a compliment towards your shooting skills, Jeff.) how often he
does maintenance on his markers. (then eat a rare hamburger in from of his
sister and say..."MMMM...DEAD COW"...she'll love that)

So...the people that want to modify the gun? I'm betting they are doing it
right now. more power to them. I will also bet $1.00 right now (i'm crazy,
I know) there won't be any more accidents per year than any other year's
average.

Look. I have seen video of people making flame-throwers with super soakers.
People do stupid things, they always have and they always will. No reason to
start freaking out about it now..

!!!WARNING WILL ROBINSON!!! SUPER-SOAKERS CAN BE DANGEROUS IF USED
INNAPROPRIATELY!!!

Well, no shit. the human race contunues to be stupid. what's new?

Bottom line is I just don't see this new propane marker being more dangerous
than any other paintball marker when someone decides to do something stupid
with it.

AND *NO*, LANTERNS NORMALLY DON'T *HAVE* TO HOLD WATER, SO I WOULD USE A
CANTEEN OR PERHAPS A THERMOS, YOU DIPSTICK!

ahhh, now look. you done scuffed my vehicle.

28 Oct 2005 22:01:50
John Comma Smith
Re: and another thing...

EDTHEWARD wrote:
> I own a propane latern. The tank is used as the base. you screw the lantern
> into the tank
>
> you light it.
>
> this means a constant stream of ignited gas right next to the tank.
>
> whoop-de-do.
>
> looks like this:
>
> http://www.landbigfish.com/images/store/ps-2500A722.jpg
>
> and guess what? same damn tank you can use on the Tippmann.
>
> /2ndrant

You bought one didnt you?

29 Oct 2005 05:04:08
EDTHEWARD
Re: and another thing...

"John Comma Smith" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:%[email protected]
> EDTHEWARD wrote:
>> I own a propane latern. The tank is used as the base. you screw the
>> lantern into the tank
>>
>> you light it.
>>
>> this means a constant stream of ignited gas right next to the tank.
>>
>> whoop-de-do.
>>
>> looks like this:
>>
>> http://www.landbigfish.com/images/store/ps-2500A722.jpg
>>
>> and guess what? same damn tank you can use on the Tippmann.
>>
>> /2ndrant
>
> You bought one didnt you?

The Tippmann? no.

28 Oct 2005 22:05:37
John Comma Smith
Re: and another thing...

EDTHEWARD wrote:
> History of paintball propellants as it stands today:
>
> PROPANE!!! that's like cradling a freaking BOMB in your armpit!

However, this is probably the safest tank...

29 Oct 2005 07:21:29
Sergeant Tibbs
Re: and another thing...

EDTHEWARD wrote:
> "Tom Greening" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
>>You're missing the point. The point isn't that the gun is excessively
>>dangerous as is, but what happens to it when Billy Bob the self professed
>>Paintgun Propane-smith decides to start dicking with it. Your lantern
>>analogy doesn't hold water because people don't generally DICK AROUND WITH
>>THE SYSTEM! Unfortunately the same cannot be said for paintball players
>

> and billy bob dying is a bad thing because......he's stupid? Do you think
> everybody knows how to light a propane lantern properly?
> Lesseee...flames...a lot of gas....billy bob drunk....hmmm.
>
> History of paintball propellants as it stands today:
>
> PROPANE!!! that's like cradling a freaking BOMB in your armpit!
>
> HPA!!! that's like cradling a freaking BOMB in your armpit!
>
> CO2!! that's like cradling a freaking ROCKET in your armpit!
>
> 12 GRAMS!!! THAT'S A COMPLETE WASTE OF A WHIPPITS HIGH, MAN...
>
> Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundered-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!!!
>
> ...You'll shoot your eye out, kid!
>
> I know many paintball players that throw their equipment in their trunk and
> keep it there until they play again. not everybody cares about messing with
> their guns as long as they work. Hell, ask Jeff Goslin the resident dead-eye
> dick (that's a compliment towards your shooting skills, Jeff.) how often he
> does maintenance on his markers. (then eat a rare hamburger in from of his
> sister and say..."MMMM...DEAD COW"...she'll love that)
>
> So...the people that want to modify the gun? I'm betting they are doing it
> right now. more power to them. I will also bet $1.00 right now (i'm crazy,
> I know) there won't be any more accidents per year than any other year's
> average.
>
> Look. I have seen video of people making flame-throwers with super soakers.
> People do stupid things, they always have and they always will. No reason to
> start freaking out about it now..
>
> !!!WARNING WILL ROBINSON!!! SUPER-SOAKERS CAN BE DANGEROUS IF USED
> INNAPROPRIATELY!!!
>
> Well, no shit. the human race contunues to be stupid. what's new?
>
> Bottom line is I just don't see this new propane marker being more dangerous
> than any other paintball marker when someone decides to do something stupid
> with it.
>
> AND *NO*, LANTERNS NORMALLY DON'T *HAVE* TO HOLD WATER, SO I WOULD USE A
> CANTEEN OR PERHAPS A THERMOS, YOU DIPSTICK!
>
> ahhh, now look. you done scuffed my vehicle.

I subscribe to the idea that anyone who intentionally screws around with
a dangerous system, fully aware of the danger and yet doing so anyway,
and also modifying said system outside its safe limits, fully deserves
whatever calamity erupts on their work bench.

If natural selection included exploding propane tanks or
rocket-propelled paintball gun bolts, then these people's expiration
dates are perfectly normal. If it isn't--well, that's what the Darwin
Awards are for.

Sergeant Tibbs

--

Typographical errors contained in this document are the sole copyright
of Typo Demons, Inc., or its subsidiary, Error Monkeys LLC. All rights
reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced without the
prior written permission of the Typo Demons, Inc., or its subsidiary,
Error Monkeys LLC.

29 Oct 2005 00:42:39
John Comma Smith
Re: and another thing...

EDTHEWARD wrote:

>>You bought one didnt you?
>

> The Tippmann? no.

Dang. I was ranting just like this to my friends when they started
giving me crap about it.

29 Oct 2005 12:25:11
EDTHEWARD
Re: and another thing...

"Sergeant Tibbs" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:ZpF8f.3481 >
> I subscribe to the idea that anyone who intentionally screws around with a
> dangerous system, fully aware of the danger and yet doing so anyway, and
> also modifying said system outside its safe limits, fully deserves
> whatever calamity erupts on their work bench.
>
> If natural selection included exploding propane tanks or rocket-propelled
> paintball gun bolts, then these people's expiration dates are perfectly
> normal. If it isn't--well, that's what the Darwin Awards are for.
>
> Sergeant Tibbs
>
> --
Sgt. Tibbs, I like the way you talk.

29 Oct 2005 12:27:12
EDTHEWARD
Re: and another thing...

"John Comma Smith" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> EDTHEWARD wrote:
>>>
>>>You bought one didnt you?
>>

>> The Tippmann? no.
>
> Dang. I was ranting just like this to my friends when they started giving
> me crap about it.

to be honest I don't have that much curiosity about the gun to go out and
buy one. I WILL however rant like a lunatic about how people are morons.

29 Oct 2005 13:34:54
Volt
Re: and another thing...

EDTHEWARD wrote:
> Sgt. Tibbs, I like the way you talk.

There's horse peckers in there!

--

Volt
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or

29 Oct 2005 15:08:01
EDTHEWARD
Re: and another thing...

"Volt" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> EDTHEWARD wrote:
>> Sgt. Tibbs, I like the way you talk.
>
> There's horse peckers in there!
>
> --
lol, exactly.

29 Oct 2005 12:46:14
SurferOne
Re: and another thing...

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 07:21:29 GMT, Sergeant Tibbs
<[email protected] > wrote:
>I subscribe to the idea that anyone who intentionally screws around with
>a dangerous system, fully aware of the danger and yet doing so anyway,
>and also modifying said system outside its safe limits, fully deserves
>whatever calamity erupts on their work bench.

I think that would be their lap for the most part. It would also have
a better effect on the Darwin Awards like strapping those rocket
propulsion engines to your vehicle with mountains in front of you. :-)

>If natural selection included exploding propane tanks or
>rocket-propelled paintball gun bolts, then these people's expiration
>dates are perfectly normal. If it isn't--well, that's what the Darwin
>Awards are for.
>
>Sergeant Tibbs

Hardtime

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88