16 Jul 2004 23:09:59
co2 thru an a-5 low pressure mod

can you use c02 thru the tippmann a-5 comp-air low pressure mod or do
you have to use HPA/Nitro

thanks for any help in advance

16 Jul 2004 21:35:35
Cybershark
Re: co2 thru an a-5 low pressure mod

don't see why not...the only question will be your regulator...it needs to
be high flow and good at keeping out liquid...worst case you'd have to
change the stock reg out for a stabilizer...honestly you can use CO2 in just
about any gun...the reason most high end guns say nitro only is just because
liquid CO2 can wreck a sensitive solenoid with tiny o-rings...as well as add
variance to the timing and performance...basically rather than just say
performance may vary under CO2 they just put their best foot forward and say
nitro only...and before any of you decide to say this isn't so then please
do a little googling for fallen angels...there's a whole group of people
using angels on stabilizers and other high performance regs to keep liquid
out and they work just fine...I use CO2 all the time on my Eblade...

the other big question to me would be: what do you plan to attain by going
low pressure? quieting the gun down a little is about all it
accomplishes...if properly tuned you can get some slight efficiency
increase...that's about it though...anyone that tells you LP = flat
trajectory or crap like that is blowing smoke at the usual places...

Ken
<[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> can you use c02 thru the tippmann a-5 comp-air low pressure mod or do
> you have to use HPA/Nitro
>
> thanks for any help in advance

17 Jul 2004 06:24:40
MathU41
Re: co2 thru an a-5 low pressure mod

Yeah, you can use Co2 through anything as long as it's regulated and gone
through an expansion chamber os some sort or another. I've heard the LP kit for
the A5 quiets it and drops the recoil a bit, but I haven't had any problem with
either so far.
If you *have* to go LP, your best bet is to use nitro, but it's almost as good
to run Co2 through a Stabilizer.