26 Aug 2005 14:09:48
Proteus
cost of handmade ghillie suit?

How much would a really good handmade ghillie suit cost for camoflauge in
woods games? Not cheap commercial stuff made in china, but an authentic
ghillie suit with good chaotic patters, natural materials and such.

26 Aug 2005 15:45:28
Dan Martin
Re: cost of handmade ghillie suit?

30 bucks. Some netting or a harness and some dollar store plastic plants.

Cheers
Dan

"Proteus" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> How much would a really good handmade ghillie suit cost for camoflauge in
> woods games? Not cheap commercial stuff made in china, but an authentic
> ghillie suit with good chaotic patters, natural materials and such.

26 Aug 2005 12:59:05
mad8
Re: cost of handmade ghillie suit?

waste of time.

Proteus wrote:
> How much would a really good handmade ghillie suit cost for camoflauge in
> woods games? Not cheap commercial stuff made in china, but an authentic
> ghillie suit with good chaotic patters, natural materials and such.

26 Aug 2005 14:18:13
Tony Sr.
Re: cost of handmade ghillie suit?

waste of time....see Doug, wtf is up wit dis gillie stufffffff, last i
knewwww ,da hee hee gillie suits were used to start bar b q yuk yuk. kinda
makes woods look stupid by today's standard.........
"mad8" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> waste of time.
>
> Proteus wrote:
> > How much would a really good handmade ghillie suit cost for camoflauge
in
> > woods games? Not cheap commercial stuff made in china, but an authentic
> > ghillie suit with good chaotic patters, natural materials and such.

27 Aug 2005 03:15:21
LCT Paintball
Re: cost of handmade ghillie suit?

> waste of time

Depends on how you like to play. It's pretty narrow minded of you to dismiss
it without considering what somebody else might enjoy.

.

27 Aug 2005 03:20:17
John

On 26-Aug-2005, Proteus <[email protected] > wrote:

> How much would a really good handmade ghillie suit cost for camoflauge in
> woods games? Not cheap commercial stuff made in china, but an authentic
> ghillie suit with good chaotic patters, natural materials and such.

First off, go to Acadamy and get some regular camo used for hunting, or
order it from Cabels. That will be cheaper and work just as good as spec
gear.Now moving along to another matter. Proteus, I know your knew to
Paintball, and all and I'm not trying to be mean or snippy. Ok, but we
play paintball, not war. In our game there are no sniper rifles,
silencers, need for grenades, or ghillie suits. No nightvision goggles are
needed for night time games either, before you ask. Your playing woodsball
right now, and while it would seem that military gear would give you a
hand up. Gear does no one any good without training. Save your bucks for
CO2, Paintballs, and marker up-grades. When your not playing, try moving
slower in the woods, develope tactics. I would suggest some outdoor
survival manuels or bow hunter mags, thay are cheap, and the sections on
primative hunting can give you some hints on moving quietly, and use of
natural camoflauge. Besides, you cannot run in a ghillie suit, and
sometimes even in woodsball, fast feet are needed. Anyway, have fun out
there, keep it safe.

--
John TI2#003
[email protected]

27 Aug 2005 03:21:55
John

On 26-Aug-2005, "John" <[email protected] > wrote:

> I know your knew to
> Paintball, a

That should be "new to Paintball"...

--
John TI2#003
[email protected]

26 Aug 2005 20:23:08
Tony Sr.
Re: cost of handmade ghillie suit?

naw John your knew was correct ;-)
"John" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> On 26-Aug-2005, "John" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I know your knew to
> > Paintball, a
>
> That should be "new to Paintball"...
>
> --
> John TI2#003
> [email protected]

27 Aug 2005 10:32:52
BaaL
Re: cost of handmade ghillie suit?

John <[email protected] > has this craizy idea that:

> On 26-Aug-2005, Proteus <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> How much would a really good handmade ghillie suit cost for
>> camoflauge in woods games? Not cheap commercial stuff made in china,
>> but an authentic ghillie suit with good chaotic patters, natural
>> materials and such.
>
> First off, go to Acadamy and get some regular camo used for
> hunting, or order it from Cabels. That will be cheaper and work
> just as good as spec gear.Now moving along to another matter.
> Proteus, I know your knew to Paintball, and all and I'm not trying
> to be mean or snippy. Ok, but we play paintball, not war. In our
> game there are no sniper rifles, silencers, need for grenades, or
> ghillie suits. No nightvision goggles are needed for night time
> games either, before you ask.

your game ?!?!? what about scenario... it's also paintball, and shitloads of
people play it.. so why wouldn't it be their game !?!?!?
think before you speak....

> Besides, you cannot run in a ghillie suit, and
> sometimes even in woodsball, fast feet are needed.

the whole point of having a ghillie suit is not to be seen, so if you can do
that there's no actuall need to run... even if there is you can run at least
a few steps to first cover....

think before you speak... i know that speedballers and scenario players
don't like each other but if the guy want's to play war who are you to tell
him not to !?!?

--
Navy: The Book tells us what to do.
Army: The Book tells us what we can't do.

27 Aug 2005 10:45:54
BaaL
Re: cost of handmade ghillie suit?

BaaL <[email protected] > has this craizy idea that:

> John <[email protected]> has this craizy idea that:

just to make it clear I'm not trying to pick a fight just sayin... and
anyways, you started it ;)

--
Navy: The Book tells us what to do.
Army: The Book tells us what we can't do.
Air Force:I'll set a new record, make book on it.
Marines: What Book?

27 Aug 2005 08:43:46
Proteus
Re: cost of handmade ghillie suit?

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 03:20:17 +0000, John wrote:
..
> First off, go to Acadamy and get some regular camo used for hunting, or
> order it from Cabels. That will be cheaper and work just as good as spec
> gear.Now moving along to another matter. Proteus, I know your knew to
> Paintball, and all and I'm not trying to be mean or snippy. Ok, but we
> play paintball, not war. In our game there are no sniper rifles,
> silencers, need for grenades, or ghillie suits....

Actually one reason I asked was because a friend was thinking of making
them as a side business, not just to market to PBers, but also to local
hunters, etc. Yesterday I went and bought materials to make a simple net
ghillie suit, cost about $25, but lots of labor remains on my part. Bought
the stuff locally, including net from a local supplier who has special
forces get netting from him from all over the country (they are required
to make their own suit).

I see myself using the GS I will make perhaps not even so much for
paintball (though I would like it for woods games, as I see myself not
playing speedball so much), but for concealment in the woods for nature
photography.

27 Aug 2005 13:49:52
John

On 27-Aug-2005, "BaaL" <[email protected] > wrote:

> think before you speak....

Actually I did think, and I read also. He (Proteus) has made no mention of
playing scenario games. He has mentioned playing woodsball.

> if the guy want's to play war who are you to tell
> him not to !?!?

He asked, I suggested. I did not nor have not forced his hand in taking my
advice. I gave him good sound advice. Save money on expensive gear, and
work on his paintball skills. That is very sound advice. I also pointed
him towards a few publications that can help him in learning woodland
movement skills, and natural camoflague, which cost very little or
nothing. And as I pointed out special gear does not always help your game,
unless your trained in it's use.

I've been playing woodsball for 15 years now, I have seen trends come and
go. My friends and I have experimented with all kinds of gear. I'm just
suggesting to the guy something that is less expensive and better in the
long run. Now, I should also like to point out that I never said scenario
games are not paintball, I did point out that this forum is not about
playing war. Many new comers to the game see only one side of the whole
paintball experience, and chalk it up to war games, as the liberal media
often does. Paintball is not a war game, while scenario games are are a
ttyep of war game, paintball is not. It's like saying lions are cats, but
not all cats are lions. So take my advice, take a good long drink of your
own advice and think before you respond.
--
John TI2#003
[email protected]

27 Aug 2005 13:14:25
Jeff Goslin
Re: cost of handmade ghillie suit?

"John" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> On 26-Aug-2005, "John" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I know your knew to
> > Paintball, a
>
> That should be "new to Paintball"...

Maybe it should be "gnu to paintball"?

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

Matt Moriearty
Re: cost of handmade ghillie suit?

Probably not related to anything, but I have a ghillie suit of my own
(on lazy Sundays, woods games go until a flag's captured or everyone's
out) and my dad uses it more for photography than I do for paintball.

I have, however, found a great use for it on the field. Wear it a game
or two. Use it how you want. Then, at the beginning of another game,
just run out and hide in brush. Wait until the other team passes you by,
ditch it and pretend you belong behind them. Even shoot (badly) back at
your team--if they known about your plan. Since most people don't check
for bands on people acting casual behind them, it makes for some good
times. :P
--
Please note that due to cuts in the budget, the light at the end of the
tunnel has been disconnected.

28 Aug 2005 13:07:39
BaaL
Re: cost of handmade ghillie suit?

John <[email protected] > has this craizy idea that:

> On 27-Aug-2005, "BaaL" <[email protected]> wrote:

/cut/

well you're mostly right....
I would try to prove some of my points, but I'm too tired and too lazy to
translate ;-)

all in all as you said, it's just a game, everyone should play it the way
they feel like.
Cheers!

--
Navy: The Book tells us what to do.
Army: The Book tells us what we can't do.
Air Force:I'll set a new record, make book on it.
Marines: What Book?

28 Aug 2005 18:48:41
Hardtime
Re: cost of handmade ghillie suit?

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 05:11:01 GMT, Matt Moriearty
<[email protected] > wrote:

>Probably not related to anything, but I have a ghillie suit of my own
>(on lazy Sundays, woods games go until a flag's captured or everyone's
>out) and my dad uses it more for photography than I do for paintball.
>
>I have, however, found a great use for it on the field. Wear it a game
>or two. Use it how you want. Then, at the beginning of another game,
>just run out and hide in brush. Wait until the other team passes you by,
>ditch it and pretend you belong behind them. Even shoot (badly) back at
>your team--if they known about your plan. Since most people don't check
>for bands on people acting casual behind them, it makes for some good
>times. :P

They call them infiltrators or spies ;-)

29 Aug 2005 01:00:58
Matt Moriearty

Hardtime wrote:

> They call them infiltrators or spies ;-)

Yes, yes. Call it what you will. Most people on the field use the term
'you bastard'. :P
--
Please note that due to cuts in the budget, the light at the end of the
tunnel has been disconnected.
--Management

29 Aug 2005 03:36:39
DGDevin
Re: cost of handmade ghillie suit?

"Tony Sr." <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> waste of time....see Doug, wtf is up wit dis gillie stufffffff, last i
> knewwww ,da hee hee gillie suits were used to start bar b q yuk yuk. kinda
> makes woods look stupid by today's standard.........

Stupider than wannabes who have never played on a tourney team dressing and
using the same gear and even wearing all their stuff exactly the way they
see it worn by team players in magazine photos? Hell, when I play I make a
point of not wearing anything that matches or looks remotely like current
tournament gear, the last thing I want is to be mistaken for one of those
clowns.

29 Aug 2005 03:37:33
DGDevin
Re: cost of handmade ghillie suit?

"Proteus" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> How much would a really good handmade ghillie suit cost for camoflauge in
> woods games? Not cheap commercial stuff made in china, but an authentic
> ghillie suit with good chaotic patters, natural materials and such.

If you make the mistake of buying one these, whateve else you do, keep the
hell away from campfires or any other open flames.