25 Dec 2005 00:33:38
unforgiven 33
'frankinmarker'

we all know how the frankinstein monster was made from spare parts...

how many of you guys have built markers/guns from mixed parts? recently
there was a young guy on our field using one he built himself. a custom
98 housing, spyder internals and i trigger from something else. he even
made the barrel himself. it looked a little odd but it worked great.
even with the cheap wally-world paintballs he was shooting. i sometimes
use a "sniper" rifle i made from an old eradicater and orion parts put
inside of a 12 gauge shotgun stock. it's heavy but it shoots pretty
straight. and i've used a bb gun and mixed it with a blowgun (for the
barrel) to shoot 40 cal paintballs.

i know you guys are paintball freaks too soo... what kind of
mix-and-match markers have you come up with? ESPECIALY you 'old timers'
i know you guys have built some crazy stuff (spill it tony) }8-D

BTW
still working on my gatlin gun. just can't get it timed well enough to
use on the field.

25 Dec 2005 12:44:57
Re: 'frankinmarker'

"unforgiven 33" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> we all know how the frankinstein monster was made from spare parts...
>
> how many of you guys have built markers/guns from mixed parts? recently
> there was a young guy on our field using one he built himself. a custom
> 98 housing, spyder internals and i trigger from something else. he even
> made the barrel himself. it looked a little odd but it worked great.
> even with the cheap wally-world paintballs he was shooting. i sometimes
> use a "sniper" rifle i made from an old eradicater and orion parts put
> inside of a 12 gauge shotgun stock. it's heavy but it shoots pretty
> straight. and i've used a bb gun and mixed it with a blowgun (for the
> barrel) to shoot 40 cal paintballs.
>
> i know you guys are paintball freaks too soo... what kind of
> mix-and-match markers have you come up with? ESPECIALY you 'old timers'
> i know you guys have built some crazy stuff (spill it tony) }8-D
>
> BTW
> still working on my gatlin gun. just can't get it timed well enough to
> use on the field.

There use to be a user on here that use to do add ons. like bolt two spyders
together. I thought most of them where pointless, but thats just me.
Have to give him credit for being enthusiastic about it. I dont reamber
his/her name but I know that havnt posted in a long time.

25 Dec 2005 09:16:29
Liquid Plummer
Re: 'frankinmarker'

My "Franken marker" was a vector changed a bit to use modern parts.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a142/liquidplummer/vec1.jpg
Mako LPR for a Cocker, a PMI inline reg were the main ones in this pic.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a142/liquidplummer/vec2.jpg
In this one, it's stick barrel was threaded for a Spyder barrel and an
ICD .45 frame made custom by the actual ICD factory. A perk of living
near them. :) The Mako lpr was removed becuase the stock one was
actually better.

25 Feb 2006 07:49:32
Mark a De
Re: 'frankinmarker'

cool pic's dose anybody have their own to show?

"unforgiven 33" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> we all know how the frankinstein monster was made from spare parts...
>
> how many of you guys have built markers/guns from mixed parts? recently
> there was a young guy on our field using one he built himself. a custom
> 98 housing, spyder internals and i trigger from something else. he even
> made the barrel himself. it looked a little odd but it worked great.
> even with the cheap wally-world paintballs he was shooting. i sometimes
> use a "sniper" rifle i made from an old eradicater and orion parts put
> inside of a 12 gauge shotgun stock. it's heavy but it shoots pretty
> straight. and i've used a bb gun and mixed it with a blowgun (for the
> barrel) to shoot 40 cal paintballs.
>
> i know you guys are paintball freaks too soo... what kind of
> mix-and-match markers have you come up with? ESPECIALY you 'old timers'
> i know you guys have built some crazy stuff (spill it tony) }8-D
>
> BTW
> still working on my gatlin gun. just can't get it timed well enough to
> use on the field.

26 Feb 2006 10:18:42
Matt Moriearty
Re: 'frankinmarker'

Mark a De wrote:
> cool pic's dose anybody have their own to show?

Alright, just because you haven't seen it yet (plus, I'm bored and
throwing it back in), my project Spyder. It'll be a fully pneumatic pump
by the end.

Parts 1 through 4, respectively, and with pics.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/9013/message/1138948316/My+recent+project%2C+part+1.+%28pics%21%29
http://www.network54.com/Forum/9013/message/1138992992/My+recent+project%2C+part+2.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/9013/message/1139034860/Recent+project%2C+part+3.+%28I%27ve+been+busy%29
http://www.network54.com/Forum/9013/message/1139269148/Recent+project%2C+part+4.

More to come, as soon as my damned materials get here.

--
Please note that due to cuts in the budget, the light at the end of the
tunnel has been disconnected.