29 Dec 2005 11:25:03
unforgiven 33
go on... ya know ya want one

while putting together my gatlin gun (which still only half-ass works) i
put my portable cd player and a car speaker in the housing. i've used it
during game play in the woods. i put in a black sabbath cd and blast
"iron man" while shooting a people running around. also we play "flight
of the valkeries" in our tank }8-)
(i luv the smell of CO2 in the morning.)

anyway, my "theme song" i play as i carry it out on the field is 'the
game' by drowning pool.
IF you had one, WHAT would YOUR theme song be when you walked onto the
field?

29 Dec 2005 09:55:02
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

the a-team song.
though i definately couldn't have music playing (still need to hear
calls from team mates and direction of fire off bunkers)

29 Dec 2005 17:07:48
Dan Martin
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

either "I walk the line" by Alien Sex Fiend. or "I wanna be Sedated" by the
Ramones.

Dan

"unforgiven 33" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> while putting together my gatlin gun (which still only half-ass works) i
> put my portable cd player and a car speaker in the housing. i've used it
> during game play in the woods. i put in a black sabbath cd and blast
> "iron man" while shooting a people running around. also we play "flight
> of the valkeries" in our tank }8-)
> (i luv the smell of CO2 in the morning.)
>
> anyway, my "theme song" i play as i carry it out on the field is 'the
> game' by drowning pool.
> IF you had one, WHAT would YOUR theme song be when you walked onto the
> field?

29 Dec 2005 22:01:45
Nick
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

Drowning pool is a great band, my theme song would probably be Distortion
sleep by Soilwork.

"unforgiven 33" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> while putting together my gatlin gun (which still only half-ass works) i
> put my portable cd player and a car speaker in the housing. i've used it
> during game play in the woods. i put in a black sabbath cd and blast
> "iron man" while shooting a people running around. also we play "flight
> of the valkeries" in our tank }8-)
> (i luv the smell of CO2 in the morning.)
>
> anyway, my "theme song" i play as i carry it out on the field is 'the
> game' by drowning pool.
> IF you had one, WHAT would YOUR theme song be when you walked onto the
> field?

29 Dec 2005 22:51:03
EDTHEWARD
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

"unforgiven 33" <[email protected] > wrote in message news:8060-43B40DDF-
> anyway, my "theme song" i play as i carry it out on the field is 'the
> game' by drowning pool.
> IF you had one, WHAT would YOUR theme song be when you walked onto the
> field?

this would be my badass theme song

http://makeashorterlink.com/?J5AF2126C

don't worry, its a safe link.

29 Dec 2005 18:59:51
unforgiven 33
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

i guess you could go with
"hit me with your best shot"
by olivia newton john

29 Dec 2005 18:10:35
Liquid Plummer
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

Drowning Pool - Bodies
That's my first choice.

30 Dec 2005 02:12:06
Matt Moriearty
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

unforgiven 33 wrote:
> while putting together my gatlin gun (which still only half-ass works) i
> put my portable cd player and a car speaker in the housing. i've used it
> during game play in the woods. i put in a black sabbath cd and blast
> "iron man" while shooting a people running around. also we play "flight
> of the valkeries" in our tank }8-)
> (i luv the smell of CO2 in the morning.)
>
> anyway, my "theme song" i play as i carry it out on the field is 'the
> game' by drowning pool.
> IF you had one, WHAT would YOUR theme song be when you walked onto the
> field?

Disturbed did 'The Game'. On The Sickness. Drowning Pool could have done
one, too.

Anyway, I'd need a CD with music on it, depending how I'm playing.
Anything from Static-X's "Night Terrors", to Rammstein's "Zwitter" or
"Du Reischt So Gut" to Gravity kills' "Guilty" to Celldweller's
"Switchback."

Hell, throw in "Bat Country," "Wannabe Martyr," "Blue On Black", "Deep
Colors Bleed," and "Poem" just to fill up space--and if extra points to
the first person to name the bands that do those.

Toss in some They Might Be Giants, just to throw people off.

--
Please note that due to cuts in the budget, the light at the end of the
tunnel has been disconnected.

29 Dec 2005 19:42:20
Tony Sr.
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

I NEVER HEARD OF THESE PEOPLE...
"Matt Moriearty" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> unforgiven 33 wrote:
> > while putting together my gatlin gun (which still only half-ass works) i
> > put my portable cd player and a car speaker in the housing. i've used it
> > during game play in the woods. i put in a black sabbath cd and blast
> > "iron man" while shooting a people running around. also we play "flight
> > of the valkeries" in our tank }8-)
> > (i luv the smell of CO2 in the morning.)
> >
> > anyway, my "theme song" i play as i carry it out on the field is 'the
> > game' by drowning pool.
> > IF you had one, WHAT would YOUR theme song be when you walked onto the
> > field?
> >

> Disturbed did 'The Game'. On The Sickness. Drowning Pool could have done
> one, too.
>
> Anyway, I'd need a CD with music on it, depending how I'm playing.
> Anything from Static-X's "Night Terrors", to Rammstein's "Zwitter" or
> "Du Reischt So Gut" to Gravity kills' "Guilty" to Celldweller's
> "Switchback."
>
> Hell, throw in "Bat Country," "Wannabe Martyr," "Blue On Black", "Deep
> Colors Bleed," and "Poem" just to fill up space--and if extra points to
> the first person to name the bands that do those.
>
> Toss in some They Might Be Giants, just to throw people off.
>
> --
> Please note that due to cuts in the budget, the light at the end of the
> tunnel has been disconnected.
> --Management

29 Dec 2005 23:11:08
Hardtime
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 18:59:51 -0500, [email protected] (unforgiven
33) wrote:

>i guess you could go with
>"hit me with your best shot"
>by olivia newton john

When she was younger she could hit me with anything and I would
appreciate it, if you know what I mean. ;-)

Hardtime

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

29 Dec 2005 22:34:50
Phillip Pinkney
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that...

--
Phil Pinkney
ppinkneyATa5.com

29 Dec 2005 23:40:32
Hardtime
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:42:20 -0800, "Tony Sr." <[email protected] >
wrote:

>I NEVER HEARD OF THESE PEOPLE...

That is alright Tony I am in the same ball park as you and I like to
understand the words to the music without my ears being blown out as
most of today's music does. I think they stop at 5, 10, 15 words I
have even heard one of the new songs reach 20 words before it repeats
them again. Normally it stops at between 3 and 10 words and then you
still may not be able to understand what they are actually saying.

I just call it noise as there tends to be no plot or theme to the
music except for "Bang Your Head" :-)

Now some of the music or themes that I think might be better or my
style to play paintball with would be along the lines of: "Danger
Zone", "A-Team"

I could even go with songs like "Bare Necessities" if you think about
it. (LOL) Hey even "Take Your Time, Do it Right", or, "If you want
it, here it is, come and get it"

Hey if you want to get motivated you could even go to: Olivia Newton
John's "Let's Get Physical" ;-) (I think for this song you need to
be carrying a lot of paint and have a fast marker as this would be a
move and mowing the are type of song if you know what I mean.

Hardtime

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

29 Dec 2005 23:44:31
Hardtime
Re: go on... ya know ya want one (Corrected)

wrote:

>I NEVER HEARD OF THESE PEOPLE...

That is alright Tony I am in the same ball park as you and I like to
understand the words to the music without my ears being blown out as
most of today's music does. I think they stop at 5, 10, 15 words I
have even heard one of the new songs reach 20 words before it repeats
them again. Normally it stops at between 3 and 10 words and then you
still may not be able to understand what they are actually saying.

I just call it noise as there tends to be no plot or theme to the
music except for "Bang Your Head" :-)

Now some of the music or themes that I think might be better or my
style to play paintball with would be along the lines of: "Danger
Zone", "A-Team"

I could even go with songs like "Bare Necessities" if you think about
it. (LOL) Hey even "Take Your Time, Do it Right", or, "If you want
it, here it is, come and get it"

Hey if you want to get motivated you could even go to: Olivia Newton
John's "Let's Get Physical" ;-) (I think for this song you need to
be carrying a lot of paint and have a fast marker as this would be a
moving and mowing type of song if you know what I mean.

Hardtime

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

Hardtime

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

29 Dec 2005 23:48:43
Jeff Goslin
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

"unforgiven 33" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> IF you had one, WHAT would YOUR theme song be when you walked onto the
> field?

Waste, by KMFDM. Lyrics...

What I don't know I don't like
What I don't like I don't want
Waht I don't want I waste

I hypnotize with alibis and fingers made of lead
I sympathize with frozen eyes turned inwards in my head
I realize to my demise it's better left unsaid
That columns crash down endlessly and I will end up dead

I theorize i'm on the rise
But all I do is fall
I vicimize my love of life
I've seen and done it all

Ready steady stop
Hurry up and wait
The tick tick ticking of the clock
Delineates your fate

What I don't see I don't know
What I don't know I don't want
What I don't want I don't need
What I don't need I don't feel
What I don't fee I don't say
What I don't say I don't do
What I don't do I don't like
What I don't like I waste

Ready steady go
Finish up your plate
Before you even realize
It's gonna be too late

I don't know what I see
I don't want what I know
I don't need what I want
I don't feel what I need
I don't say what I feel
I don't do what I say
I don't like what I do
I just like to waste

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

Jeff Goslin
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

They've never heard of you, either.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

"Tony Sr." <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I NEVER HEARD OF THESE PEOPLE...
> "Matt Moriearty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > unforgiven 33 wrote:
> > > while putting together my gatlin gun (which still only half-ass works)
> > > put my portable cd player and a car speaker in the housing. i've used
it
> > > during game play in the woods. i put in a black sabbath cd and blast
> > > "iron man" while shooting a people running around. also we play
"flight
> > > of the valkeries" in our tank }8-)
> > > (i luv the smell of CO2 in the morning.)
> > >
> > > anyway, my "theme song" i play as i carry it out on the field is 'the
> > > game' by drowning pool.
> > > IF you had one, WHAT would YOUR theme song be when you walked onto the
> > > field?
> > >

> > Disturbed did 'The Game'. On The Sickness. Drowning Pool could have done
> > one, too.
> >
> > Anyway, I'd need a CD with music on it, depending how I'm playing.
> > Anything from Static-X's "Night Terrors", to Rammstein's "Zwitter" or
> > "Du Reischt So Gut" to Gravity kills' "Guilty" to Celldweller's
> > "Switchback."
> >
> > Hell, throw in "Bat Country," "Wannabe Martyr," "Blue On Black", "Deep
> > Colors Bleed," and "Poem" just to fill up space--and if extra points to
> > the first person to name the bands that do those.
> >
> > Toss in some They Might Be Giants, just to throw people off.
> >
> > --
> > Please note that due to cuts in the budget, the light at the end of the
> > tunnel has been disconnected.
> > --Management

29 Dec 2005 23:53:37
Jeff Goslin
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "unforgiven 33" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > IF you had one, WHAT would YOUR theme song be when you walked onto the
> > field?
> >

> Waste, by KMFDM. Lyrics...
>
> What I don't know I don't like
> What I don't like I don't want
> Waht I don't want I waste
>
> I hypnotize with alibis and fingers made of lead
> I sympathize with frozen eyes turned inwards in my head
> I realize to my demise it's better left unsaid
> That columns crash down endlessly and I will end up dead
>
> I theorize i'm on the rise
> But all I do is fall
> I vicimize my love of life
> I've seen and done it all
>
> Ready steady stop
> Hurry up and wait
> The tick tick ticking of the clock
> Delineates your fate
>
> What I don't see I don't know
> What I don't know I don't want
> What I don't want I don't need
> What I don't need I don't feel
> What I don't fee I don't say
> What I don't say I don't do
> What I don't do I don't like
> What I don't like I waste
>
> Ready steady go
> Finish up your plate
> Before you even realize
> It's gonna be too late
>
> I don't know what I see
> I don't want what I know
> I don't need what I want
> I don't feel what I need
> I don't say what I feel
> I don't do what I say
> I don't like what I do
> I just like to waste

Not to reply to my own post or anything, but it's more than just the lyrics,
it's the plodding, methodical beat, like almost robotic in nature. You can
easily envision moving on a bunker with berserker persistance, cyborg-like
precision, and so on.

Then again, maybe it's just that the song kicks ass. I'd recommend KMFDM to
anyone with a taste for industrial music.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

Tony Sr.
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

nice post...satisfaction would be my choice stones... ;-)
"Hardtime" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:42:20 -0800, "Tony Sr." <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >I NEVER HEARD OF THESE PEOPLE...
>
> That is alright Tony I am in the same ball park as you and I like to
> understand the words to the music without my ears being blown out as
> most of today's music does. I think they stop at 5, 10, 15 words I
> have even heard one of the new songs reach 20 words before it repeats
> them again. Normally it stops at between 3 and 10 words and then you
> still may not be able to understand what they are actually saying.
>
> I just call it noise as there tends to be no plot or theme to the
> music except for "Bang Your Head" :-)
>

> Now some of the music or themes that I think might be better or my
> style to play paintball with would be along the lines of: "Danger
> Zone", "A-Team"
>
> I could even go with songs like "Bare Necessities" if you think about
> it. (LOL) Hey even "Take Your Time, Do it Right", or, "If you want
> it, here it is, come and get it"
>
> Hey if you want to get motivated you could even go to: Olivia Newton
> John's "Let's Get Physical" ;-) (I think for this song you need to
> be carrying a lot of paint and have a fast marker as this would be a
> move and mowing the are type of song if you know what I mean.
>

> Hardtime
>
> http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

29 Dec 2005 21:01:34
Tony Sr.
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

lmao...thx Jeff
"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> They've never heard of you, either.
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> It's not a god complex when you're always right
>

> "Tony Sr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I NEVER HEARD OF THESE PEOPLE...
> > "Matt Moriearty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> it
> "flight

> > > Disturbed did 'The Game'. On The Sickness. Drowning Pool could have
done
> > > one, too.
> > >
> > > Anyway, I'd need a CD with music on it, depending how I'm playing.
> > > Anything from Static-X's "Night Terrors", to Rammstein's "Zwitter" or
> > > "Du Reischt So Gut" to Gravity kills' "Guilty" to Celldweller's
> > > "Switchback."
> > >
> > > Hell, throw in "Bat Country," "Wannabe Martyr," "Blue On Black", "Deep
> > > Colors Bleed," and "Poem" just to fill up space--and if extra points
> > > the first person to name the bands that do those.
> > >
> > > Toss in some They Might Be Giants, just to throw people off.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Please note that due to cuts in the budget, the light at the end of
the
> > > tunnel has been disconnected.
> > > --Management

29 Dec 2005 21:02:54
Tony Sr.
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

wtf
"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > "unforgiven 33" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > IF you had one, WHAT would YOUR theme song be when you walked onto the
> > > field?
> > >

> > Waste, by KMFDM. Lyrics...
> >
> > What I don't know I don't like
> > What I don't like I don't want
> > Waht I don't want I waste
> >
> > I hypnotize with alibis and fingers made of lead
> > I sympathize with frozen eyes turned inwards in my head
> > I realize to my demise it's better left unsaid
> > That columns crash down endlessly and I will end up dead
> >
> > I theorize i'm on the rise
> > But all I do is fall
> > I vicimize my love of life
> > I've seen and done it all
> >
> > Ready steady stop
> > Hurry up and wait
> > The tick tick ticking of the clock
> > Delineates your fate
> >
> > What I don't see I don't know
> > What I don't know I don't want
> > What I don't want I don't need
> > What I don't need I don't feel
> > What I don't fee I don't say
> > What I don't say I don't do
> > What I don't do I don't like
> > What I don't like I waste
> >
> > Ready steady go
> > Finish up your plate
> > Before you even realize
> > It's gonna be too late
> >
> > I don't know what I see
> > I don't want what I know
> > I don't need what I want
> > I don't feel what I need
> > I don't say what I feel
> > I don't do what I say
> > I don't like what I do
> > I just like to waste
>
> Not to reply to my own post or anything, but it's more than just the
lyrics,
> it's the plodding, methodical beat, like almost robotic in nature. You
can
> easily envision moving on a bunker with berserker persistance, cyborg-like
> precision, and so on.
>
> Then again, maybe it's just that the song kicks ass. I'd recommend KMFDM
> anyone with a taste for industrial music.
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> It's not a god complex when you're always right

30 Dec 2005 06:49:23
Volt
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

Tony Sr. wrote:
> nice post...satisfaction would be my choice stones... ;-)

Paint It Black!

--

Volt
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or

29 Dec 2005 23:19:14
Tony Sr.
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

also great song
"Volt" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Tony Sr. wrote:
> > nice post...satisfaction would be my choice stones... ;-)
>
> Paint It Black!
>
> --
>
> Volt
> I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or
> numbered. My life is my own.

30 Dec 2005 09:53:12
Matt Moriearty

Hardtime wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:42:20 -0800, "Tony Sr." <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>I NEVER HEARD OF THESE PEOPLE...
>

> That is alright Tony I am in the same ball park as you and I like to
> understand the words to the music without my ears being blown out as
> most of today's music does. I think they stop at 5, 10, 15 words I
> have even heard one of the new songs reach 20 words before it repeats
> them again. Normally it stops at between 3 and 10 words and then you
> still may not be able to understand what they are actually saying.
>
> I just call it noise as there tends to be no plot or theme to the
> music except for "Bang Your Head" :-)

Bah, I'm young. I can get away with the harsh music. :P

For the most part, I do try to keep *some* taste. None of it is just the
screaming, head-slamming stuff. Rammstein's talented, and keeps good
beat (although i don't understand a word), Disturbed can leave a little
something to be desired with the guitar nowadays, but The singer is
*the* voice for heavy 'nu-metal'. Static-X is my choice in
techno-industrial.

The rest might be a bit obscure, yes, bu come *on*, people! I'm amazed
that you don't know "Constantinople" by They Might Be Giants or Kenny
Wayne Shepherd's "Blue on Black". *find* the latter, at least. Classic,
and far removed from my usual harsh tastes. Most of the rest of you
would appreciate it.

Except Tony, who's at this moment trying to rig a phonograph to his pack
to play the Charleston.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Ashamed, I say.

--
Please note that due to cuts in the budget, the light at the end of the
tunnel has been disconnected.
--Management

30 Dec 2005 02:55:59
Tony Sr.
Re: go on... ya know ya want one (Corrected)

hey Matt, happy new year...how can i get the 78's to play if i am in a
bunker...the pack is not big e-nuff. ;-)
"Matt Moriearty" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hardtime wrote:
> > On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:42:20 -0800, "Tony Sr." <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> >

> >>I NEVER HEARD OF THESE PEOPLE...
> >

> > That is alright Tony I am in the same ball park as you and I like to
> > understand the words to the music without my ears being blown out as
> > most of today's music does. I think they stop at 5, 10, 15 words I
> > have even heard one of the new songs reach 20 words before it repeats
> > them again. Normally it stops at between 3 and 10 words and then you
> > still may not be able to understand what they are actually saying.
> >
> > I just call it noise as there tends to be no plot or theme to the
> > music except for "Bang Your Head" :-)
>
> Bah, I'm young. I can get away with the harsh music. :P
>
> For the most part, I do try to keep *some* taste. None of it is just the
> screaming, head-slamming stuff. Rammstein's talented, and keeps good
> beat (although i don't understand a word), Disturbed can leave a little
> something to be desired with the guitar nowadays, but The singer is
> *the* voice for heavy 'nu-metal'. Static-X is my choice in
> techno-industrial.
>
> The rest might be a bit obscure, yes, bu come *on*, people! I'm amazed
> that you don't know "Constantinople" by They Might Be Giants or Kenny
> Wayne Shepherd's "Blue on Black". *find* the latter, at least. Classic,
> and far removed from my usual harsh tastes. Most of the rest of you
> would appreciate it.
>
> Except Tony, who's at this moment trying to rig a phonograph to his pack
> to play the Charleston.
>
> You should be ashamed of yourself. Ashamed, I say.
>
> --
> Please note that due to cuts in the budget, the light at the end of the
> tunnel has been disconnected.
> --Management

30 Dec 2005 05:01:06
Re: go on... ya know ya want one (Corrected)

ding fries are done

30 Dec 2005 09:58:44
Hardtime
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 06:49:23 GMT, Volt <[email protected] >
wrote:

>Tony Sr. wrote:
>> nice post...satisfaction would be my choice stones... ;-)
>
>Paint It Black!

That would be a good one

Hardtime

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

30 Dec 2005 10:22:41
Hardtime
Re: go on... ya know ya want one (Corrected)

ROTFLMBO
Do like I did and convert it to MP3 and you can play them anywhere. I
put them in my PDA and off I go. We had a Victor Victrola (passed
down) and before the great fire at the farm. I had rigged a sound
pickup where I could record to music from the Victrola and edit the
needle spikes/static from the player. Then I simply added some
echo/time distortion to give it stereo/hi-fi effects. It worked
pretty good.

My only problem with carrying the music to the field would be during
the woodsball game I would not be able to hear the guys via the throat
mics/walkie-talkies. I would be like piping the music to them as I
was singing to myself. My team mates might not like that LOL

Hardtime

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

30 Dec 2005 09:13:03
devianc
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

Bitches by Mindless Self Indulgence.

Score one for the home team.

"All these bitches love me because they know that I can ROCK!"

30 Dec 2005 16:04:08
Dan Martin
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

IF it's too loud, you're too flippin old. <G >

Cheers
Dan

"Hardtime" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:42:20 -0800, "Tony Sr." <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >I NEVER HEARD OF THESE PEOPLE...
>
> That is alright Tony I am in the same ball park as you and I like to
> understand the words to the music without my ears being blown out as
> most of today's music does. I think they stop at 5, 10, 15 words I
> have even heard one of the new songs reach 20 words before it repeats
> them again. Normally it stops at between 3 and 10 words and then you
> still may not be able to understand what they are actually saying.
>
> I just call it noise as there tends to be no plot or theme to the
> music except for "Bang Your Head" :-)
>

> Now some of the music or themes that I think might be better or my
> style to play paintball with would be along the lines of: "Danger
> Zone", "A-Team"
>
> I could even go with songs like "Bare Necessities" if you think about
> it. (LOL) Hey even "Take Your Time, Do it Right", or, "If you want
> it, here it is, come and get it"
>
> Hey if you want to get motivated you could even go to: Olivia Newton
> John's "Let's Get Physical" ;-) (I think for this song you need to
> be carrying a lot of paint and have a fast marker as this would be a
> move and mowing the are type of song if you know what I mean.
>

> Hardtime
>
> http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

30 Dec 2005 21:16:27
Volt
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

unforgiven 33 wrote:
> IF you had one, WHAT would YOUR theme song be when you walked onto the
> field?

I need more than just one.

Before I go on the field:
Danzig - Mother
Crystal Method - The Name of the Game
Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff
NWA - Straight Outta Compton
White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

In the heat of it:
Powerman 5000 - When Worlds Collide
Nazareth - Hair of the Dog
Prodigy - FireStarter
Static X - Push It

I'm about to bunker someone:
POD - Boom
Limp Bizkit with Disturbed and Godsmack - Blood in my Eyes
Breaking Benjamin - Blow Me Away
Saliva - Click, Click Boom

I'm about to get bunkered:
Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
Creed - My Own Prison
Sum 41 - In Too Deep
Kenny Wayne Shepherd - In Too Deep

When I get taken out:
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Kentucky Headhunters' version of Spirit in the Sky
The Monkees - Daydream Believer
Celtic Bagpipes playing Greensleeves
Sinatra - Fly Me to the Moon

While talking to the hot paintball groupie chics:
Nickelback - Animals
G. Love - Booty Call
Lou Bega - Mambo #5

While talking to the field owner's wife and dancing like Will Ferrel and
Chris Kattan on SNL:
Haddaway - What is Love?
Simon and Garfunkle - Mrs. Robinson

Walking away after being shot down by both the hot chics and the field
owner's wife:
Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again
Rodney Carrington - Dear Penis
Smokey Robinson - Tears of a Clown

--

Volt
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or
numbered. My life is my own.

30 Dec 2005 17:28:57
Hardtime
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

On 30 Dec 2005 09:13:03 -0800, "devianc" <[email protected] > wrote:

>Bitches by Mindless Self Indulgence.
>
>Score one for the home team.
>
>"All these bitches love me because they know that I can ROCK!"

What is the definition of a Bitch? ;-)

Hardtime

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

30 Dec 2005 21:49:39
Mofaz
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

Whoa! You're 19 years old and haven't heard of any of these bands??
You must live in an isolated rural countryside, where only one radio
station, a country music station, can be received.

Hardtime wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:42:20 -0800, "Tony Sr." <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>I NEVER HEARD OF THESE PEOPLE...
>

> That is alright Tony I am in the same ball park as you and I like to
> understand the words to the music without my ears being blown out as
> most of today's music does. I think they stop at 5, 10, 15 words I
> have even heard one of the new songs reach 20 words before it repeats
> them again. Normally it stops at between 3 and 10 words and then you
> still may not be able to understand what they are actually saying.
>
> I just call it noise as there tends to be no plot or theme to the
> music except for "Bang Your Head" :-)
>

> Now some of the music or themes that I think might be better or my
> style to play paintball with would be along the lines of: "Danger
> Zone", "A-Team"
>
> I could even go with songs like "Bare Necessities" if you think about
> it. (LOL) Hey even "Take Your Time, Do it Right", or, "If you want
> it, here it is, come and get it"
>
> Hey if you want to get motivated you could even go to: Olivia Newton
> John's "Let's Get Physical" ;-) (I think for this song you need to
> be carrying a lot of paint and have a fast marker as this would be a
> move and mowing the are type of song if you know what I mean.
>

> Hardtime
>
> http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

31 Dec 2005 22:06:25
John Comma Smith
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

unforgiven 33 wrote:
> while putting together my gatlin gun (which still only half-ass works) i
> put my portable cd player and a car speaker in the housing. i've used it
> during game play in the woods. i put in a black sabbath cd and blast
> "iron man" while shooting a people running around. also we play "flight
> of the valkeries" in our tank }8-)
> (i luv the smell of CO2 in the morning.)
>
> anyway, my "theme song" i play as i carry it out on the field is 'the
> game' by drowning pool.
> IF you had one, WHAT would YOUR theme song be when you walked onto the
> field?

"Fight Test" by the Flaming Lips.

03 Jan 2006 21:59:34
DeathX
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

On 29-Dec-2005, "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote:

> Waste, by KMFDM. Lyrics...

Kill Mother Fucking Depeche Mode?

Interesting old school choice. I would have guessed your choice would have
been "It's raining men"

:)

03 Jan 2006 23:05:41
LCT Paintball
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

"unforgiven 33" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> while putting together my gatlin gun (which still only half-ass works) i
> put my portable cd player and a car speaker in the housing. i've used it
> during game play in the woods. i put in a black sabbath cd and blast
> "iron man" while shooting a people running around. also we play "flight
> of the valkeries" in our tank }8-)
> (i luv the smell of CO2 in the morning.)
>
> anyway, my "theme song" i play as i carry it out on the field is 'the
> game' by drowning pool.
> IF you had one, WHAT would YOUR theme song be when you walked onto the
> field?

Another one bites the dust.

Dave,
Who may never have time to work on cool paintball projects again. :(

03 Jan 2006 18:22:14
Jeff Goslin
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

"DeathX" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> On 29-Dec-2005, "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Waste, by KMFDM. Lyrics...
>
> Kill Mother Fucking Depeche Mode?

Kein Mitleid Fur Die Mehrheit (german butchered, I'm sure). Rough
Translation: No Pity for the Majority.

But don't worry, there are so many people who make the same mistake you did
that it's forgivable.

> Interesting old school choice. I would have guessed your choice would
have

"Old School"??? That song is like 5 years old, that's it. What, if
something hasn't been bubblegummed by Britney or Christina or whoever the
latest no talent hack is these days, it's "old school"?? Damn, boy, music
appreciation, look into it.

I wish that just once in this decade that a singer would come along who
COULD ACTUALLY SING!!!! Goddammit, I am so goddamn sick of hearing these
songs that are so obviously worked over in the studio to within an inch of
their lives that it makes me want to vomit every time I hear some new
performer's "latest hit". An appreciation for a person who actually *CAN*
sing would be nice to have to pull out every once in a while.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

Dan Martin
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

I just finished listening to Johnny Cash's American Four, he could sing, but
he's dead now. :-(

Dan

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "DeathX" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >
> > On 29-Dec-2005, "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > Waste, by KMFDM. Lyrics...
> >
> > Kill Mother Fucking Depeche Mode?
>
> Kein Mitleid Fur Die Mehrheit (german butchered, I'm sure). Rough
> Translation: No Pity for the Majority.
>
> But don't worry, there are so many people who make the same mistake you
did
> that it's forgivable.
>
> > Interesting old school choice. I would have guessed your choice would
> have
>
> "Old School"??? That song is like 5 years old, that's it. What, if
> something hasn't been bubblegummed by Britney or Christina or whoever the
> latest no talent hack is these days, it's "old school"?? Damn, boy, music
> appreciation, look into it.
>
> I wish that just once in this decade that a singer would come along who
> COULD ACTUALLY SING!!!! Goddammit, I am so goddamn sick of hearing these
> songs that are so obviously worked over in the studio to within an inch of
> their lives that it makes me want to vomit every time I hear some new
> performer's "latest hit". An appreciation for a person who actually *CAN*
> sing would be nice to have to pull out every once in a while.
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> It's not a god complex when you're always right

04 Jan 2006 04:14:23
Volt
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

LCT Paintball wrote:

> Dave,
> Who may never have time to work on cool paintball projects again. :(

Business is good I take it. Everybody's needing Taco Tenders aren't
they? I know I do. I'm still saving up for one. ;-)

--

Volt
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or
numbered. My life is my own.

04 Jan 2006 17:47:31
Rick Scott
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

(unforgiven 33 <[email protected] > uttered:)
> IF you had one, WHAT would YOUR theme song be when you walked onto the
> field?

Hell March from Command & Conquer: Red Alert. If you haven't heard it,
you should.

ftp://ftp.westwood.com/pub/redalert/previews/audio/hellmarch.mp3

Rick
--
key CF8F8A75 / print C5C1 F87D 5056 D2C0 D5CE D58F 970F 04D1 CF8F 8A75
The best and most productive way to do your work is to be its master,

04 Jan 2006 18:31:17
LCT Paintball
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

> Business is good I take it. Everybody's needing Taco Tenders aren't they?
> I know I do. I'm still saving up for one. ;-)
>
> --

We had a pretty nice run of them at Christmas time. :)

Business has been rather slow the last few months. I have one customer that
is supposed to release enough work today to keep my shop busy until April
1st, but I may lose a key employee before it's finished. Life will be
interesting for the next few months, but not fun. :(

05 Jan 2006 02:42:12
Volt
Re: go on... ya know ya want one

Rick Scott wrote:
> Hell March from Command & Conquer: Red Alert. If you haven't heard it,
> you should.
>
> ftp://ftp.westwood.com/pub/redalert/previews/audio/hellmarch.mp3

Not bad. In fact, I likes it. ;-)