23 Aug 2005 12:15:22
Proteus
grenades, mines

I just disovered on the web there are paintball grenades, paintball mines.
Geez are these really used in paintball games, and if so what type of
games? (speedball? woods? war battle simulations?)

23 Aug 2005 17:28:13
LCT Paintball
Re: grenades, mines

Uh, anybody here got any experience with these things? ;)

--
"Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
www.LCTPaintball.com

"Proteus" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I just disovered on the web there are paintball grenades, paintball mines.
> Geez are these really used in paintball games, and if so what type of
> games? (speedball? woods? war battle simulations?)

23 Aug 2005 18:38:08
Tony Sr.
Re: grenades, mines

LCT come on help the guy :-)
"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s72...
> Uh, anybody here got any experience with these things? ;)
>
> --
> "Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
> www.LCTPaintball.com
> www.LCTProducts.com
>

> "Proteus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >I just disovered on the web there are paintball grenades, paintball
mines.
> > Geez are these really used in paintball games, and if so what type of
> > games? (speedball? woods? war battle simulations?)

24 Aug 2005 02:52:41
Rick Scott
Re: grenades, mines

(Proteus <[email protected] > uttered:)
> I just disovered on the web there are paintball grenades, paintball
> mines.
> Geez are these really used in paintball games, and if so what type of
> games? (speedball? woods? war battle simulations?)

They are mostly used in scenario games (simulations, re-enactments,
etc) and sometimes (though rarely) in woodsball games. You can't use
them in speedball or in most rec games, though, and if you ever get to
play a game where paint grenades are used, you'll see why. They
really change the dynamic of the game.

Rick
--
key CF8F8A75 / print C5C1 F87D 5056 D2C0 D5CE D58F 970F 04D1 CF8F 8A75
I'll tell you one type of person I don't respect:

24 Aug 2005 02:48:51
Rick Scott
Re: grenades, mines

(LCT Paintball <[email protected] > uttered:)
> "Proteus" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >I just disovered on the web there are paintball grenades, paintball
> > mines.
> > Geez are these really used in paintball games, and if so what type
> > of games? (speedball? woods? war battle simulations?)
>
> Uh, anybody here got any experience with these things? ;)

Smartass.

Rick
--
key CF8F8A75 / print C5C1 F87D 5056 D2C0 D5CE D58F 970F 04D1 CF8F 8A75
Wit is educated insolence.

24 Aug 2005 23:51:51
John
Re: grenades, mines

I've been playing Woodsball since the early 90's. Paint grenades, and mines
are looked down upon in my circle. While they maybe used in scenario games,
most woodsball games use only markers.

--
John TI2#003
[email protected]

25 Aug 2005 14:30:40
Daniel Stocker
Re: grenades, mines

Can be a bit of a waste of time and $$.
My personal experience with mines was that they either didn't go off, or
they squirted in one direction which, if you were in that direction already,
you could stand still and not get splattered by, as this silly thing spat
all it's paint out at nothing.

Cheers,
Daniel

"Proteus" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I just disovered on the web there are paintball grenades, paintball mines.
> Geez are these really used in paintball games, and if so what type of
> games? (speedball? woods? war battle simulations?)

25 Aug 2005 15:30:09
mad8
Re: grenades, mines

Proteus wrote:
> I just disovered on the web there are paintball grenades, paintball mines.
> Geez are these really used in paintball games, and if so what type of
> games? (speedball? woods? war battle simulations?)

i've seen like 1 grenade at a woodsgame
it was fucking worthless. the guy throwing it landed it a foot away
from his "victim" and didn't get a single spec on him....

26 Aug 2005 00:18:39
LCT Paintball
Re: grenades, mines

> i've seen like 1 grenade at a woodsgame
> it was fucking worthless. the guy throwing it landed it a foot away
> from his "victim" and didn't get a single spec on him....

Actually, they work pretty well if you use a fresh one. That's why I make
mine myself. If you buy one that's been in the store for months, the paint
gets crusty on the ends, and they become unreliable.

25 Aug 2005 18:44:43
Tony Sr.
Re: grenades, mines

LCT is the Unabomber ;-)
"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s22...
> > i've seen like 1 grenade at a woodsgame
> > it was fucking worthless. the guy throwing it landed it a foot away
> > from his "victim" and didn't get a single spec on him....
> >
> Actually, they work pretty well if you use a fresh one. That's why I make
> mine myself. If you buy one that's been in the store for months, the paint
> gets crusty on the ends, and they become unreliable.

27 Aug 2005 05:47:23
Matt Moriearty
Re: grenades, mines

Proteus wrote:
> I just disovered on the web there are paintball grenades, paintball mines.
> Geez are these really used in paintball games, and if so what type of
> games? (speedball? woods? war battle simulations?)

I see a few used almost every time I go out. They're not popular in
many games, but the local scenario team (plus some solo scenario players
and the teams' sycophants) *always* have a couple they save until the
capture-and-defend game, where they heave them over the walls of the
'castle' and usually get a couple people out with them.
Of course, since it's just squirting surgical tubing, it's
unpredictable. Several times I've seen someone not two yards from one
come out spotless, with a vaguely human-shaped outline on the wall
around him.

--
Please note that due to cuts in the budget, the light at the end of the
tunnel has been disconnected.