31 Oct 2005 15:13:49
Tony Sr.
growing




'Paintball to make debut in next AFOC games'
By Our Sports Reporter

31 October 2005



ABU DHABI - Colonel Mohammed Al Bushlaibi, head of the Armed Forces
Offcicers Club (AFOC) Ramadan Games, has already earmarked the next edition
of the event to be richer, bigger and better to celebrate the 10th
anniversary of the Games.


He said: "It's too early to even make a guess of the prize monies for next
year, but we are hopeful of a Dh5 million prize money for next year's games,
which marks the 10th anniversary of the event.

"In my thinking, this is turning into a mini Olympics here at the club. We
plan to add chess, volleyball, table tennis and Paintball - now the most
popular and exciting game in Europe and the U.S. It's a war game to
eliminate the opponent. The teams can be made up of three to seven.

"It's the first time Paintball will be introduced in the country in next
year's games. We have already created an arena with real bunkers, hide outs
and so on. It's real adventure, and already have started to play within the
members of the club."

The AFOC Ramadan Games, which started as an in-house event, has now grown
into an open tournament where both nationals and expatriates can
participate. This year's competition drew entries from other Gulf states.

"For us, the games has not ended tonight. We are just beginning to start
work on the next, which we want to make even bigger to mark a decade of the
AFOC Ramadan Games," said Bushlaibi, the man behind the move to involve the
best talents in the country, both nationals and expatriates.

"We are hoping for a better participation from the other Gulf states and
even entries from around the world because the prize monies are quite
attractive and the facilities are second to none from an international point
of view," he added.





31 Oct 2005 15:15:16
Tony Sr.
Re: growing

keep growing paintball...
"Tony Sr." <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
>
>
> 'Paintball to make debut in next AFOC games'
> By Our Sports Reporter
>
> 31 October 2005
>
>
>
> ABU DHABI - Colonel Mohammed Al Bushlaibi, head of the Armed Forces
> Offcicers Club (AFOC) Ramadan Games, has already earmarked the next
edition
> of the event to be richer, bigger and better to celebrate the 10th
> anniversary of the Games.
>
>
> He said: "It's too early to even make a guess of the prize monies for
next
> year, but we are hopeful of a Dh5 million prize money for next year's
games,
> which marks the 10th anniversary of the event.
>
> "In my thinking, this is turning into a mini Olympics here at the club.
We
> plan to add chess, volleyball, table tennis and Paintball - now the most
> popular and exciting game in Europe and the U.S. It's a war game to
> eliminate the opponent. The teams can be made up of three to seven.
>
> "It's the first time Paintball will be introduced in the country in next
> year's games. We have already created an arena with real bunkers, hide
outs
> and so on. It's real adventure, and already have started to play within
the
> members of the club."
>
> The AFOC Ramadan Games, which started as an in-house event, has now
grown
> into an open tournament where both nationals and expatriates can
> participate. This year's competition drew entries from other Gulf states.
>
> "For us, the games has not ended tonight. We are just beginning to start
> work on the next, which we want to make even bigger to mark a decade of
the
> AFOC Ramadan Games," said Bushlaibi, the man behind the move to involve
the
> best talents in the country, both nationals and expatriates.
>
> "We are hoping for a better participation from the other Gulf states and
> even entries from around the world because the prize monies are quite
> attractive and the facilities are second to none from an international
point
> of view," he added.
>
>
>




01 Nov 2005 04:07:08
Tom Greening
Re: growing

Well I guess now they can scream "Jeehad, Allah Akbah!" and fire their guns
without actually killing anyone. Somehow I'm not sure they'll be satisfied
with that. I guess it's just not the same if you can't show blood splatter
and dismemberment to your chosen deity.


"Tony Sr." <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> keep growing paintball...
> "Tony Sr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >
> >
> >
> > 'Paintball to make debut in next AFOC games'
> > By Our Sports Reporter
> >
> > 31 October 2005
> >
> >
> >
> > ABU DHABI - Colonel Mohammed Al Bushlaibi, head of the Armed Forces




31 Oct 2005 21:37:07
Tony Sr.
Re: growing

tom, you are the only one who has the spiffy answers and you dance the dance
well..... ;-)
"Tom Greening" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Well I guess now they can scream "Jeehad, Allah Akbah!" and fire their
guns
> without actually killing anyone. Somehow I'm not sure they'll be
satisfied
> with that. I guess it's just not the same if you can't show blood
splatter
> and dismemberment to your chosen deity.
>
>
> "Tony Sr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > keep growing paintball...
> > "Tony Sr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > 'Paintball to make debut in next AFOC games'
> > > By Our Sports Reporter
> > >
> > > 31 October 2005
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ABU DHABI - Colonel Mohammed Al Bushlaibi, head of the Armed Forces
>
>