30 Sep 2003 13:16:07
Someone
making the switch

I am planning to switch from using CO2 to compressed air this winter. I
want to know where is the best place (on the web) to get good air tanks
cheap?

All great truths begin as blasphemies.
--George Bernard Shaw

30 Sep 2003 09:14:18
Jose
Re: making the switch

I think Crossfire tanks are the best buy on the market. Low cost, great
flow, good support and built in regulator with standard ASA threads so you
can feed right into any marker with no problem. We sell the Crossfire tanks
in every size and can accept paypal. Send an e-mail to my partner
([email protected]) with the size and pressure tank
you are interested in to get a price quote. Let me know if you have any
questions about the tanks.

--
Jose I. Sanchez
Airsmith

"Someone" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I am planning to switch from using CO2 to compressed air this winter. I
> want to know where is the best place (on the web) to get good air tanks
> cheap?
>

> All great truths begin as blasphemies.
> --George Bernard Shaw

01 Oct 2003 08:22:13
DGDevin
Re: making the switch

"Jose" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> I think Crossfire tanks are the best buy on the market. Low cost, great
> flow, good support and built in regulator with standard ASA threads so you
> can feed right into any marker with no problem. We sell the Crossfire
tanks
> in every size and can accept paypal.
[snip]

Don't take this the wrong way, but there's something about a product
recommendation from someone who just happens to have that brand for sale
that sets my teeth on edge....

01 Oct 2003 15:22:56
TONY SR.
Re: making the switch

go to www.I&Isports.com
"DGDevin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Jose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
> > I think Crossfire tanks are the best buy on the market. Low cost, great
> > flow, good support and built in regulator with standard ASA threads so
you
> > can feed right into any marker with no problem. We sell the Crossfire
> tanks
> > in every size and can accept paypal.
> [snip]
>
> Don't take this the wrong way, but there's something about a product
> recommendation from someone who just happens to have that brand for sale
> that sets my teeth on edge....

01 Oct 2003 15:37:24
Jon C
Re: making the switch

maybe you mean www.iisports.com ?

"TONY SR." <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> go to www.I&Isports.com
> "DGDevin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > "Jose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> >
> > > I think Crossfire tanks are the best buy on the market. Low cost,
great
> > > flow, good support and built in regulator with standard ASA threads so
> you
> > > can feed right into any marker with no problem. We sell the Crossfire
> > tanks
> > > in every size and can accept paypal.
> > [snip]
> >
> > Don't take this the wrong way, but there's something about a product
> > recommendation from someone who just happens to have that brand for sale
> > that sets my teeth on edge....

01 Oct 2003 09:00:49
Jose
Re: making the switch

You are right to be suspicious of someone who only sells one product.
Research the tanks available and you will see for yourself that Crossfire is
the best value out there. We sell every brand you can get from AA to Dye to
WDP ad nauseum, so I could push any brand available. I always recommend the
Crossfire because you can pay way more for a tank, but they won't perform
any better imho. Now if adjustability is an issue, there is a whole
plethora of choices and I would need more info. to make a better
recommendation.

--
Jose I. Sanchez
Airsmith
Electric Iguana Paintball
http://www.electriciguanapaintball.com

"DGDevin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Jose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
> > I think Crossfire tanks are the best buy on the market. Low cost, great
> > flow, good support and built in regulator with standard ASA threads so
you
> > can feed right into any marker with no problem. We sell the Crossfire
> tanks
> > in every size and can accept paypal.
> [snip]
>
> Don't take this the wrong way, but there's something about a product
> recommendation from someone who just happens to have that brand for sale
> that sets my teeth on edge....

02 Oct 2003 05:48:19
DGDevin
Re: making the switch

"Jose" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> You are right to be suspicious of someone who only sells one product.
> Research the tanks available and you will see for yourself that Crossfire
is
> the best value out there.

Well, maybe it's just the luck of the draw, but I've seen a bunch of people
lately with Crossfire systems that leak or whatever, and they can't seem to
get them fixed, at least not without sending them back to the mfg. Maybe
that's not typical, but I have to go by my experience.

My take is that there is very little difference between the various brands,
some don't have quite enough rate of flow to keep up with some airhog guns
maybe, but other than that there is only reliability and price to consider,
unless cosmetics and fashion are important to you. I run one PMI Pure
Energy 68 3k and one Java 88 3k, I'm not a heavy shooter so I don't need
hurricane-wind levels of airflow or guages or adjustable output, just plain
vanilla air system that work every time I need them too, and the price was
reasonable for both these.

Smart Parts systems deliver great performance, but they are expensive and
kind of buggy in terms of maintenance and have been sort of butt ugly up
until recently. I traditionally disliked Paintball Mania systems, until I
saw the new adjustable ones, pretty slick. I really like the current Airgun
Designs systems, compact and all the features you could want. Angel Air,
what a joke, twice as much money for something that leaks out of the box but
does come with a digital readout to make it easier to see that you're losing
pressure. Most of the other brands seem to clump together, maybe because a
lot of them are made in the same factory, they all work pretty good, some
have one or more cute features, like the WGP "melon" tank with a dovetail
mount that slides right onto the grip of some of their new guns, that's
neat, no drop-forward needed, real slick. Surprisingly I've seen a lot of
leakage problems with WGP and DYE systems, lots going back to the factory
for the reg to be properly assembled and reinstalled, odd considering these
companies are known for high quality. BTW, the adjustable DYE systems are
on hold for now. Air America, well, they pretty much started the whole
deal, but a combination of high prices and many dealers not being able to
get their hands on them has made them a non-interest product for me, and I
still go into shock at the idea of carrying around one of their old
stainless steel brick regulators on a 114 tank, exhausting just to think
about.

>We sell every brand you can get from AA to Dye to
> WDP ad nauseum, so I could push any brand available.

And that's another issue, that sort of pushing is properly done in the pages
of a magazine (in an ad), or on a web site your pay for, or maybe in a
private e-mail to somebody asking for recommendations. Posting it here
amounts to spam, and since this is supposed to be a place where players can
help each other and maybe have a little fun, surely we can all do without
more advertising, we get enough of it everywhere else, how about one place
where it's player-to-player without anybody mentioning what they just happen
to have for sale this week. Is that too much to ask?

02 Oct 2003 06:05:35
Someone
Re: making the switch

> My take is that there is very little difference between the various
brands,
> some don't have quite enough rate of flow to keep up with some airhog guns
> maybe, but other than that there is only reliability and price to
consider,
> unless cosmetics and fashion are important to you. I run one PMI Pure
> Energy 68 3k and one Java 88 3k, I'm not a heavy shooter so I don't need
> hurricane-wind levels of airflow or guages or adjustable output, just
plain
> vanilla air system that work every time I need them too, and the price was
> reasonable for both these.

So over all, would you say PMI Pure Energy is the better buy?

02 Oct 2003 08:18:10
TONY SR.
Re: making the switch

for sure, I love my 45x45 and so does my son who also has 45x45. pmi is a
great tank system...
"Someone" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> > My take is that there is very little difference between the various
> brands,
> > some don't have quite enough rate of flow to keep up with some airhog
guns
> > maybe, but other than that there is only reliability and price to
> consider,
> > unless cosmetics and fashion are important to you. I run one PMI Pure
> > Energy 68 3k and one Java 88 3k, I'm not a heavy shooter so I don't need
> > hurricane-wind levels of airflow or guages or adjustable output, just
> plain
> > vanilla air system that work every time I need them too, and the price
was
> > reasonable for both these.
> >

> So over all, would you say PMI Pure Energy is the better buy?

02 Oct 2003 12:48:16
LCT Paintball
Re: making the switch

> And that's another issue, that sort of pushing is properly done in the
pages
> of a magazine (in an ad), or on a web site your pay for, or maybe in a
> private e-mail to somebody asking for recommendations. Posting it here
> amounts to spam, and since this is supposed to be a place where players
can
> help each other and maybe have a little fun, surely we can all do without
> more advertising, we get enough of it everywhere else, how about one place
> where it's player-to-player without anybody mentioning what they just
happen
> to have for sale this week. Is that too much to ask?

What's up DG? Is it your time of month? Personally, I like to here Jose's
opinions. He's one of the few here who actually knows what he's talking
about.

02 Oct 2003 09:07:46
Jose
Re: making the switch

"DGDevin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Jose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
> > You are right to be suspicious of someone who only sells one product.
> > Research the tanks available and you will see for yourself that
Crossfire
> is
> > the best value out there.
>
> Well, maybe it's just the luck of the draw, but I've seen a bunch of
people
> lately with Crossfire systems that leak or whatever, and they can't seem
> get them fixed, at least not without sending them back to the mfg. Maybe
> that's not typical, but I have to go by my experience.
> My take is that there is very little difference between the various
brands,
> some don't have quite enough rate of flow to keep up with some airhog guns
> maybe, but other than that there is only reliability and price to
consider,
> unless cosmetics and fashion are important to you. I run one PMI Pure
> Energy 68 3k and one Java 88 3k, I'm not a heavy shooter so I don't need
> hurricane-wind levels of airflow or guages or adjustable output, just
plain
> vanilla air system that work every time I need them too, and the price was
> reasonable for both these.

My experience has been the other way around. Lots of issues with PMI gear
gumming up and not working right and the fit/finish not the best. The
Crossfire's got my attention because they seemed more reliable than anything
in their price range and look good. Now, with the HP/LP availability and
the high flow, the Crossfire looks better on all counts, compared to
everything out there, unless you need adjustable (I do) in which case you go
with something else. Most everything is built the same in terms of basic
function. They all use spring washer packs or heavy coil springs to
maintain pressure and they are all designed to work at the same basic flow
rates and pressures. What you pay for is quality of production and
assembly. The better the reg. is made, the better it will work. All things
considered, you should ALWAYS send your tank back to the factory or take it
in to someone qualified to work on it if it is not functioning right. 3000
psi WILL kill you if you do something stupid and lack respect for the
potential danger of working with HP tanks.

> Smart Parts systems deliver great performance, but they are expensive and
> kind of buggy in terms of maintenance and have been sort of butt ugly up
> until recently. I traditionally disliked Paintball Mania systems, until I
> saw the new adjustable ones, pretty slick. I really like the current
Airgun
> Designs systems, compact and all the features you could want. Angel Air,
> what a joke, twice as much money for something that leaks out of the box
but
> does come with a digital readout to make it easier to see that you're
losing
> pressure. Most of the other brands seem to clump together, maybe because
> lot of them are made in the same factory, they all work pretty good, some
> have one or more cute features, like the WGP "melon" tank with a dovetail
> mount that slides right onto the grip of some of their new guns, that's
> neat, no drop-forward needed, real slick. Surprisingly I've seen a lot of
> leakage problems with WGP and DYE systems, lots going back to the factory
> for the reg to be properly assembled and reinstalled, odd considering
these
> companies are known for high quality. BTW, the adjustable DYE systems are
> on hold for now. Air America, well, they pretty much started the whole
> deal, but a combination of high prices and many dealers not being able to
> get their hands on them has made them a non-interest product for me, and I
> still go into shock at the idea of carrying around one of their old
> stainless steel brick regulators on a 114 tank, exhausting just to think
> about.

I have always been flabbergasted by the comparable price of the AA tanks and
regs. They are indeed beautifully machined and of the highest quality, but
I just can't bring myself to spend 4 or 5 times the money on a tank, when
the "entry" level systems perform pretty much as well. I could buy a couple
spares "just in case" for the price of a single AA.

> >We sell every brand you can get from AA to Dye to
> > WDP ad nauseum, so I could push any brand available.
>
> And that's another issue, that sort of pushing is properly done in the
pages
> of a magazine (in an ad), or on a web site your pay for, or maybe in a
> private e-mail to somebody asking for recommendations. Posting it here
> amounts to spam, and since this is supposed to be a place where players
can
> help each other and maybe have a little fun, surely we can all do without
> more advertising, we get enough of it everywhere else, how about one place
> where it's player-to-player without anybody mentioning what they just
happen
> to have for sale this week. Is that too much to ask?

If I were posting regularly about what I am pimping with no FS on the post,
that starts to get into the spam region. Occasionally you will se a FS post
from me, but I don't bombard the NG with it for days at a time. Someone
asked what recommendation we in the group had for him. The next question
after "what is good" is usually "where can I buy it". I said what I thought
and since I can retail the tanks, I gave him a quick answer. I answered
both questions clearly and concisely in a player-to-player fashion. I don't
see what the problem is with that approach. It's not very helpful to say
"buy product X, it is a great product but don't ask me where to buy it,
figure that out on your own". If I buy a great product, I try to give an
impartial review and state where I got it and for how much. I always did
that before I was selling merchandise, so I see no problem with continuing
to do that now.

--
Jose I. Sanchez
Airsmith
Electric Iguana Paintball
http://www.electriciguanapaintball.com

02 Oct 2003 12:21:40
James @ Extreme Outdoor Sports
Re: making the switch

"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<j8Veb.19338$%[email protected]>...
> > And that's another issue, that sort of pushing is properly done in the
> pages
> > of a magazine (in an ad), or on a web site your pay for, or maybe in a
> > private e-mail to somebody asking for recommendations. Posting it here
> > amounts to spam, and since this is supposed to be a place where players
> can
> > help each other and maybe have a little fun, surely we can all do without
> > more advertising, we get enough of it everywhere else, how about one place
> > where it's player-to-player without anybody mentioning what they just
> happen
> > to have for sale this week. Is that too much to ask?
> >

> What's up DG? Is it your time of month? Personally, I like to here Jose's
> opinions. He's one of the few here who actually knows what he's talking
> about.

LCT;

I am inclined to agree with you. But from a little different view.
Being a player and retailer it is almost impossible not to be biased
in one way or another. Simply due to the fact that we see so many
products, some good some not so good to down right bad.
As long as someone is not telling me that I should buy the product
they sell without some good experience to go along with it I believe
it almost our duty to share our experiences.
People come into my store and ask "which gun is the best?" "which
barrel is best?" "which air system is best?" We can not do our duty if
we are not honest in our experience with products. I have some in my
store I wish I did not have I personally think they are junk. But I
have sold them to customers before I realized such and still have some
left that I can not afford to just trash. So, the right thing to do is
give my opinion in a less harsh way than I just did and perhaps the
person that purchases these items will have better luck than I.

At least with a player/retail person they have experience with a
multitude of products in which to compare and hopefully are being
honest with you as a customer. Unlike the person spreading such info
as you can not change the barrel of a Tippmann!
The next time you give someone an opinion about a product compare your
experience to that of a player/retailer and see if you come even close
to the amount of product experience they have, for example;
How many drop forwards have you used?
How many different air systems have you actually played with or
repaired?
How many different models of markers have you actually played with or
repaired?
How many different makers of markers have you actually played with or
repaired?
How many different barrels have you used?
How many different brands of paint have you actually played with?
How many different brands and model of goggles have you played with?
How many times have you had to stand and listen to someone complain
about a product you sold them that is not performing to their
expectation only to find out they did not read the instructions or
have the mentally capacity to tie their own shoes? BUT, it is the
fault of you and the product you sold them that it does not work as
expected?
Sorry for the rambling, point being, if the person is being honest we
see so many more products than a typical player we have more
background information on our opinions. I know I could have made alot
more bad choices when I started if the retailer I went to did not
share their thoughts with me regarding my purchase.

02 Oct 2003 20:59:04
LCT Paintball
Re: making the switch

> How many times have you had to stand and listen to someone complain
> about a product you sold them that is not performing to their
> expectation only to find out they did not read the instructions or
> have the mentally capacity to tie their own shoes? BUT, it is the
> fault of you and the product you sold them that it does not work as
> expected?

I had a new customer last week. All he got was a CO2 fill. Then he explained
to all his friends that I ripped him off because when he screwed the tank
into his Brass Eagle it didn't work. ; )

02 Oct 2003 21:42:42
DGDevin
Re: making the switch

"Someone" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> So over all, would you say PMI Pure Energy is the better buy?

They have a couple of things going for them, they're reasonably priced and
if you have problems their local dealer should be able to fix it for you,
their new models are designed to be rebuild. I use one, what more can I
say.

02 Oct 2003 21:45:21
DGDevin
Re: making the switch

"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:j8Veb.19338$%[email protected]

> What's up DG? Is it your time of month? Personally, I like to here Jose's
> opinions. He's one of the few here who actually knows what he's talking
> about.

Opinions are fine, recommendations are fine, flames are even fine if they
are supported with sound reasons. Spam isn't fine, and I've said so here
many times going back quite a few years. Jose seems like a cool guy to me,
I agree he seems to know what he's talking about, but that doesn't make it
okay to use a player's group as a vehicle for commercial sales.

02 Oct 2003 21:48:08
DGDevin
Re: making the switch

"James @ Extreme Outdoor Sports" <[email protected] > wrote in
message news:[email protected]
> "LCT Paintball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<j8Veb.19338$%[email protected] >...

> Sorry for the rambling, point being, if the person is being honest we
> see so many more products than a typical player we have more
> background information on our opinions. I know I could have made alot
> more bad choices when I started if the retailer I went to did not
> share their thoughts with me regarding my purchase.

I agree that someone who gets to try a lot of products is doing other
players a service in sharing his experiences, but that's a different animal
from posting links and offering to sell people stuff, that's spam, and it
doesn't matter how nice the guy doing it is, it's still just a form of
advertising and surely we are allowed one little corner of the world where
we can share opinions without somebody trying to sell us something.

02 Oct 2003 21:54:24
DGDevin
Re: making the switch

"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> I had a new customer last week. All he got was a CO2 fill. Then he
explained
> to all his friends that I ripped him off because when he screwed the tank
> into his Brass Eagle it didn't work. ; )

In the old days (groans all around) most paintballers knew their equipment
because they were in trouble if they didn't, it was an underground sport and
there weren't many stores around to ask for help. Today we see the Nintendo
generation flooding in, they don't own any tools and wouldn't know how to
use them if they did, their mom drives them to the field, they can change
batteries and push the "on" button and pull the trigger, beyond that they're
helpless if something doesn't work. So these days paintball shop employees
have to be baby-sitters as well as everything else.

02 Oct 2003 22:05:14
DGDevin
Re: making the switch

"Jose" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> My experience has been the other way around. Lots of issues with PMI gear
> gumming up and not working right and the fit/finish not the best.

I grant you I've seen similar problems, the good thing being they are almost
always easily fixed. The PMI systems are Chevrolets, they get the job done
at a reasonable price. You can pay more, but that doesn't mean you're for
sure getting something that works better.

> If I were posting regularly about what I am pimping with no FS on the
post,
> that starts to get into the spam region.

Well, that's not how it works, spamming a little bit is like claiming to be
a little bit pregnant. I appreciate that you don't pimp your shop the way
Oh used to, for example, but I still think it's possible to offer advice or
recommend a product without finding it necessary to mention that you just
happen to sell them. I've sent private e-mails to people letting them know
that one dealer or another has what they're looking for when that info was
of interest to them and not the whole group. Posting a de facto "for sale"
notice when replying to one guy is not much different from just posting your
store's URL with a specials of the month subject line, IMHO.

Anyway, I don't want to leave you with the impression I'm foaming at the
mouth over this, it's simply that in the past we've seen a little bit of
spam turn into a regular feature, one dealer in particular using this group
as a bulletin board for his advertising, so when I see signs that someone
else is looking at r.s.p. as a commercial tool, I tend to grit my teeth a
little, but then I'm getting old and grumpy and I'm packing to move at the
moment so how good a mood could I be in anyway? ;-)

02 Oct 2003 17:02:04
Jose
Re: making the switch

> > My experience has been the other way around. Lots of issues with PMI
gear
> > gumming up and not working right and the fit/finish not the best.
>
> I grant you I've seen similar problems, the good thing being they are
almost
> always easily fixed. The PMI systems are Chevrolets, they get the job
done
> at a reasonable price. You can pay more, but that doesn't mean you're for
> sure getting something that works better.
>
> > If I were posting regularly about what I am pimping with no FS on the
> post,
> > that starts to get into the spam region.
>
> Well, that's not how it works, spamming a little bit is like claiming to
be
> a little bit pregnant. I appreciate that you don't pimp your shop the way
> Oh used to, for example, but I still think it's possible to offer advice
or
> recommend a product without finding it necessary to mention that you just
> happen to sell them. I've sent private e-mails to people letting them
know
> that one dealer or another has what they're looking for when that info was
> of interest to them and not the whole group. Posting a de facto "for
sale"
> notice when replying to one guy is not much different from just posting
your
> store's URL with a specials of the month subject line, IMHO.

I don't have a problem with someone selling something they know is a good
product and saying so when appropriate and most people don't put their
genuine reply addresses in for NG's anymore so e-mailing directly isn't
always possible. That said, I understand where you are coming from and how
the previous situations you have run into make you a bit leery of people
spamming the shit out of the newsgroup. Full frame ads posted every day or
on a "weekly special" basis could definitely be annoying. I think of spam
on an NG as unrequested off-topic posts. I don't see what I do as spam, but
to each his own.

> Anyway, I don't want to leave you with the impression I'm foaming at the
> mouth over this, it's simply that in the past we've seen a little bit of
> spam turn into a regular feature, one dealer in particular using this
group
> as a bulletin board for his advertising, so when I see signs that someone
> else is looking at r.s.p. as a commercial tool, I tend to grit my teeth a
> little, but then I'm getting old and grumpy and I'm packing to move at the
> moment so how good a mood could I be in anyway? ;-)

Well, a little fiber goes a long way to getting the grumps out. ;-)

No worries, I don't see you as a raving anti-spammite frothing at the mouth
while cleaving the spam from the NG's of the world with your digital scythe.
RSP is a public forum and you are stating your opinion in a matter of fact
way and I can appreciate that.

Where are you moving from and to?

Jose

03 Oct 2003 00:18:07
LCT Paintball
Re: making the switch

I understand. I suppose if everybody were doing it, it would get rather
annoying.

--
"Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
www.LCTPaintball.com

"DGDevin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:R%[email protected]
> "LCT Paintball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:j8Veb.19338$%[email protected]
>
> > What's up DG? Is it your time of month? Personally, I like to here
Jose's
> > opinions. He's one of the few here who actually knows what he's talking
> > about.
>
> Opinions are fine, recommendations are fine, flames are even fine if they
> are supported with sound reasons. Spam isn't fine, and I've said so here
> many times going back quite a few years. Jose seems like a cool guy to
me,
> I agree he seems to know what he's talking about, but that doesn't make it
> okay to use a player's group as a vehicle for commercial sales.

02 Oct 2003 21:56:48
Michael Hughes
Re: making the switch

PMI= Wet ass, your right on target jose.

> [...]
post
> from me, but I don't bombard the NG with it for days at a time. Someone
> asked what recommendation we in the group had for him. The next question
> after "what is good" is usually "where can I buy it". I said what I
thought
> and since I can retail the tanks, I gave him a quick answer. I answered
> both questions clearly and concisely in a player-to-player fashion. I
don't
> see what the problem is with that approach. It's not very helpful to say
> "buy product X, it is a great product but don't ask me where to buy it,
> figure that out on your own". If I buy a great product, I try to give an
> impartial review and state where I got it and for how much. I always did
> that before I was selling merchandise, so I see no problem with continuing

---

DGDevin
Re: making the switch

"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> I understand. I suppose if everybody were doing it, it would get rather
> annoying.

That's the thing, it always starts off small, and before you know it 27 guys
are posting their specials of the week and it isn't a newsgroup anymore,
it's just a forum for advertising. That's why in the old days the r.s.p.
regulars would deep-fry anyone posting spam, they'd seen what happens to
newsgroups that tolerate it just a little bit.

03 Oct 2003 02:26:23
DGDevin
Re: making the switch

"Jose" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> No worries, I don't see you as a raving anti-spammite frothing at the
mouth
> while cleaving the spam from the NG's of the world with your digital
scythe.
> RSP is a public forum and you are stating your opinion in a matter of fact
> way and I can appreciate that.

It's changed, a lot of the old groups were rabidly anti-spam and toasting
dealers who posted spam was expected, but as more and more people have
flooded the net, the old conventions die away....

> Where are you moving from and to?

Nothing cross-country, only a few miles, just a nicer place, fireplace,
deck, more closet space. I might even be able to finally set up that
permanent paintball workbench, no more excuses for not knowing where
everything is. ;-)

03 Oct 2003 02:27:30
DGDevin
Re: making the switch

"Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> PMI= Wet ass, your right on target jose.

Says the infant who has to get his mom to drive him to the field, gee,
there's usual advice.

03 Oct 2003 12:57:51
The Gunslinger
Re: making the switch

>Well, that's not how it works, spamming a little bit is like claiming to be
>a little bit pregnant. I appreciate that you don't pimp your shop the way
>Oh used to, for example, but I still think it's possible to offer advice or
>recommend a product without finding it necessary to mention that you just
>happen to sell them. I've sent private e-mails to people letting them know
>that one dealer or another has what they're looking for when that info was
>of interest to them and not the whole group. Posting a de facto "for sale"
>notice when replying to one guy is not much different from just posting your
>store's URL with a specials of the month subject line, IMHO.
>
>Anyway, I don't want to leave you with the impression I'm foaming at the
>mouth over this, it's simply that in the past we've seen a little bit of
>spam turn into a regular feature, one dealer in particular using this group
>as a bulletin board for his advertising, so when I see signs that someone
>else is looking at r.s.p. as a commercial tool, I tend to grit my teeth a
>little, but then I'm getting old and grumpy and I'm packing to move at the
>moment so how good a mood could I be in anyway? ;-)

Terry Garret and G3 paintball was probably considered by me as the
mark to be compared to as a respectable store owner/poster.

Never "pimped" his product. Never answered a question with a sales
tactic..etc. He had legions of satisfied customers to do it for him.
Never quoted price or sales options in a post. It was all taken
private. All he did was have his URL in his sig.

Oh The Pro was the exact opposite,to the extreme. He used the
newsgroup as the classifieds. Not to say I didn't have some good email
chats him and but the occasional item from Predator paintball...but G3
was my staple.

Jose...your not well known. So I understand your desire to get your
name out and increase sales. Just don't use this newsgroup as a
vehicle to do so. If someone is on here asking for places to buy an
item..jump on in and pimp yourself. Just wait for the question.

03 Oct 2003 13:00:10
The Gunslinger
Re: making the switch

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 02:27:30 GMT, "DGDevin"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>"Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>
>> PMI= Wet ass, your right on target jose.
>
>Says the infant who has to get his mom to drive him to the field, gee,
>there's usual advice.

Ever miss the St. John and Jerry Braun arguments? Ah...the good ol
days.

03 Oct 2003 19:21:53
Michael Hughes
Re: making the switch

I drive to the field myself thank you.

"DGDevin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
> > PMI= Wet ass, your right on target jose.
>
> Says the infant who has to get his mom to drive him to the field, gee,
> there's usual advice.

I drive to the field myself thank you.

"DGDevin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
> > PMI= Wet ass, your right on target jose.
>
> Says the infant who has to get his mom to drive him to the field, gee,
> there's usual advice.

03 Oct 2003 19:36:11
Jason G
Re: making the switch

In article <[email protected] >, Michael Hughes says...

>I drive to the field myself thank you.
>>>
>I drive to the field myself thank you.

Do you drive when you go to get the papers, get the papers?

--
Jason G
[Sig closed for remodeling. We apologize for the inconvenience.]

04 Oct 2003 03:10:16
LCT Paintball
Re: making the switch

BTW, have you guys checked out my special this week? ; )

--
"Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
www.LCTPaintball.com

"DGDevin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "LCT Paintball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
> > I understand. I suppose if everybody were doing it, it would get rather
> > annoying.
>
> That's the thing, it always starts off small, and before you know it 27
guys
> are posting their specials of the week and it isn't a newsgroup anymore,
> it's just a forum for advertising. That's why in the old days the r.s.p.
> regulars would deep-fry anyone posting spam, they'd seen what happens to
> newsgroups that tolerate it just a little bit.

04 Oct 2003 03:12:34
LCT Paintball
Re: making the switch

Bicycles don't count. ; )

--
"Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
www.LCTPaintball.com

"Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I drive to the field myself thank you.
>

> "DGDevin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in
message
> > news:[email protected]
> >
> > > PMI= Wet ass, your right on target jose.
> >
> > Says the infant who has to get his mom to drive him to the field, gee,
> > there's usual advice.
> >

> I drive to the field myself thank you.
>

> "DGDevin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in
message
> > news:[email protected]
> >
> > > PMI= Wet ass, your right on target jose.
> >
> > Says the infant who has to get his mom to drive him to the field, gee,
> > there's usual advice.

04 Oct 2003 03:17:13
Jason G
Re: making the switch

"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > made obeisance before Us and spake thusly:
>Bicycles don't count. ; )

Hey, now that's not fair. He's been driving for tree, fore muntz now.

And probably has already managed to epoxy a giant double-deck spoiler to the
back of his mom's Honda.

--
Jason G
[Sig closed for remodeling. We apologize for the inconvenience.]

04 Oct 2003 03:55:13
The Gunslinger
Re: making the switch

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 03:17:13 GMT,
[email protected]_REMOVE_x_THIS_xx_PART_xxx_x_yahoo.com (Jason G) wrote:

> "LCT Paintball" <[email protected]> made obeisance before Us and spake thusly:
>>Bicycles don't count. ; )
>>

>Hey, now that's not fair. He's been driving for tree, fore muntz now.
>
>And probably has already managed to epoxy a giant double-deck spoiler to the
>back of his mom's Honda.
>

>--
>Jason G
>[Sig closed for remodeling. We apologize for the inconvenience.]

Epoxy? Shit..sheet rock screws would work better. Nice raw aluminum
ones to give it that chromed look.

04 Oct 2003 14:26:48
LCT Paintball
Re: making the switch

> And probably has already managed to epoxy a giant double-deck spoiler to
the
> back of his mom's Honda.

Hey! That's not funny! I got one of those on the tailgate of my pickup!

05 Oct 2003 16:20:18
Michael Hughes
Re: making the switch

hahaha, hmmmm

pictures wooden spoiler on back of 635csi....

"Jason G" <[email protected]_REMOVE_x_THIS_xx_PART_xxx_x_yahoo.com > wrote in
message news:[email protected]
> "LCT Paintball" <[email protected]> made obeisance before Us
and spake thusly:
> >Bicycles don't count. ; )
> >

> Hey, now that's not fair. He's been driving for tree, fore muntz now.
>
> And probably has already managed to epoxy a giant double-deck spoiler to
the
> back of his mom's Honda.
>

> --
> Jason G
> [Sig closed for remodeling. We apologize for the inconvenience.]
hahaha, hmmmm

pictures wooden spoiler on back of 635csi....

"Jason G" <[email protected]_REMOVE_x_THIS_xx_PART_xxx_x_yahoo.com > wrote in
message news:[email protected]
> "LCT Paintball" <[email protected]> made obeisance before Us
and spake thusly:
> >Bicycles don't count. ; )
> >

> Hey, now that's not fair. He's been driving for tree, fore muntz now.
>
> And probably has already managed to epoxy a giant double-deck spoiler to
the
> back of his mom's Honda.
>

> --
> Jason G
> [Sig closed for remodeling. We apologize for the inconvenience.]

06 Oct 2003 00:35:34
Phelps
Re: making the switch

In article
<[email protected] >,
"DGDevin" <[email protected] > wrote:

> "Jose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >
> > If I were posting regularly about what I am pimping with no FS on the
> post,
> > that starts to get into the spam region.
>
> Well, that's not how it works, spamming a little bit is like claiming to be
> a little bit pregnant. I appreciate that you don't pimp your shop the way
> Oh used to, for example, but I still think it's possible to offer advice or
> recommend a product without finding it necessary to mention that you just
> happen to sell them.

And I think that it is absolutely NOT ok to recommend them without
admitting that you have a financial stake in them (even if you aren't
the sole source.)

Joe hasn't been spamming. (Double .) When someone asks, he answers
the way any of the rest of us do. If someone doesn't want to hear from
people selling, they can say "no vendors" (and there are a lot of forums
where people do.)

"The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naive and usually
idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of
us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched.
He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to
despair." -- H.L. Mencken

06 Oct 2003 00:39:40
Phelps
Re: making the switch

In article <[email protected] >,
The Gunslinger <[email protected] > wrote:

> Jose...your not well known. So I understand your desire to get your
> name out and increase sales. Just don't use this newsgroup as a
> vehicle to do so. If someone is on here asking for places to buy an
> item..jump on in and pimp yourself. Just wait for the question.

Hey, dingleberry, take a look at the question:

"Someone" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I am planning to switch from using CO2 to compressed air this winter. I
> want to know where is the best place (on the web) to get good air tanks
> cheap?

Try using a shoehorn to get your foot out of your mouth. It helps.

"The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naive and usually
idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of
us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched.
He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to
despair." -- H.L. Mencken

06 Oct 2003 03:06:00
DGDevin
Re: making the switch

"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Bicycles don't count. ; )

Neither does the "steering wheel" on the Fisher Price Car Seat his parents
make him sit in.

06 Oct 2003 14:34:42
The Gunslinger
Re: making the switch

> Hey, dingleberry, take a look at the question:

Care to pick it? Before or after a shower?