17 Jul 2004 13:44:06
AzFlyBoy
*meow*..... {CRACK}

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47252&item=3688942900&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

17 Jul 2004 18:06:50
Insane Ranter
Re: *meow*..... {CRACK}

"AzFlyBoy" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47252&item=3688942900&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

"I'm selling this because my girlfriend won't let me get my e-mag until
this is sold."

That was your referencing?? Tis sad today's boys are growing up to be
pussies.....

17 Jul 2004 15:41:20
AzFlyBoy
Re: *meow*..... {CRACK}

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "I'm selling this because my girlfriend won't let me get my e-mag until
> this is sold."
>
> That was your referencing?? Tis sad today's boys are growing up to be
> pussies.....

Some marriages are based on mutual communication concerning money... I admit
that my wife and I discuss almost every investment, including my interest in
paintball. This guy, however, only has a "girlfriend".

I think it's good that she is involved with his hobby, but let's not go
overboard here.

18 Jul 2004 00:13:18
Insane Ranter
Re: *meow*..... {CRACK}

"AzFlyBoy" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
> > "I'm selling this because my girlfriend won't let me get my e-mag until
> > this is sold."
> >
> > That was your referencing?? Tis sad today's boys are growing up to be
> > pussies.....
>
> Some marriages are based on mutual communication concerning money... I
admit
> that my wife and I discuss almost every investment, including my interest
in
> paintball. This guy, however, only has a "girlfriend".
>
> I think it's good that she is involved with his hobby, but let's not go
> overboard here.

Hug N kisses

18 Jul 2004 03:20:11
Jeff Goslin
Re: *meow*..... {CRACK}

"AzFlyBoy" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Some marriages are based on mutual communication concerning money... I
admit
> that my wife and I discuss almost every investment, including my interest
in
> paintball. This guy, however, only has a "girlfriend".

It's different to "discuss" investments than it is to get "permission".
It's a case of "can we afford this" vs "can I get this mommy
PLEEEEEEEEZE!"... that guy is a MAJOR wuss...

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

TONY SR.
Re: *meow*..... {CRACK}

now that's the Jeff I know....

--
www.paintball-amargio1.com
"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "AzFlyBoy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Some marriages are based on mutual communication concerning money... I
> admit
> > that my wife and I discuss almost every investment, including my
interest
> in
> > paintball. This guy, however, only has a "girlfriend".
>
> It's different to "discuss" investments than it is to get "permission".
> It's a case of "can we afford this" vs "can I get this mommy
> PLEEEEEEEEZE!"... that guy is a MAJOR wuss...
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> It's not a god complex when you're always right

18 Jul 2004 03:24:14
AzFlyBoy
Re: *meow*..... {CRACK}

> It's different to "discuss" investments than it is to get "permission".
> It's a case of "can we afford this" vs "can I get this mommy
> PLEEEEEEEEZE!"... that guy is a MAJOR wuss...

I tend to agree with Mr. Goslin on that. My wife and I always discuss
anything I would like to buy. Once someone asked me why I have to "ask", and
I explained that I did not request of her to allow me the priveledge, I
explained that I was simply saying "Hey I want to get <item >, can we do
that?"

18 Jul 2004 12:14:39
Insane Ranter
Re: *meow*..... {CRACK}

"AzFlyBoy" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> > It's different to "discuss" investments than it is to get "permission".
> > It's a case of "can we afford this" vs "can I get this mommy
> > PLEEEEEEEEZE!"... that guy is a MAJOR wuss...
> >

> I tend to agree with Mr. Goslin on that. My wife and I always discuss
> anything I would like to buy. Once someone asked me why I have to "ask",
and
> I explained that I did not request of her to allow me the priveledge, I
> explained that I was simply saying "Hey I want to get <item>, can we do
> that?"

And what does she say? She asks for everything too right?

19 Jul 2004 18:30:37
Jason Lopez
Re: *meow*..... {CRACK}

If your wife is like mine, she makes a deal:

"You can get your (for example) new barrel if I can get a new sewing
machine."

or,

"You can get your new barrel if you can not touch a computer for 1 whole
week." (I know myself well enough that that won't happen with work, school
and checking up on the latest postings).

That would be her way of saying "No" in the very subtle spousal way.

Jason

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "AzFlyBoy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > > It's different to "discuss" investments than it is to get
"permission".
> > > It's a case of "can we afford this" vs "can I get this mommy
> > > PLEEEEEEEEZE!"... that guy is a MAJOR wuss...
> > >

> > I tend to agree with Mr. Goslin on that. My wife and I always discuss
> > anything I would like to buy. Once someone asked me why I have to "ask",
> and
> > I explained that I did not request of her to allow me the priveledge, I
> > explained that I was simply saying "Hey I want to get <item>, can we do
> > that?"
> >

> And what does she say? She asks for everything too right?

19 Jul 2004 22:08:18
Insane Ranter
Re: *meow*..... {CRACK}

"Jason Lopez" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> If your wife is like mine, she makes a deal:
>
> "You can get your (for example) new barrel if I can get a new sewing
> machine."
>
> or,
>
> "You can get your new barrel if you can not touch a computer for 1 whole
> week." (I know myself well enough that that won't happen with work,
school
> and checking up on the latest postings).
>
> That would be her way of saying "No" in the very subtle spousal way.

Ah... what do you do when she goes and get things "on sale" without asking?
Why no pool of "fun" money for each of you?

20 Jul 2004 20:11:20
Denise Anderson
Re: *meow*..... {CRACK}

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:23%[email protected]

> Ah... what do you do when she goes and get things "on sale" without
asking?
> Why no pool of "fun" money for each of you?

My husband and I each have our own accounts with "fun" money, but out of
respect/stupidity/who the hell knows we still discuss purchases with each
other usually. I don't think I've ever told the man he couldn't have
something though.. we both buy things that the other thinks are incredibly
unnecessary.

Denise

20 Jul 2004 16:18:49
Jose
Re: *meow*..... {CRACK}

"Denise Anderson" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:I%[email protected]

> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:23%[email protected]
>

> > Ah... what do you do when she goes and get things "on sale" without
> asking?
> > Why no pool of "fun" money for each of you?
> >

> My husband and I each have our own accounts with "fun" money, but out of
> respect/stupidity/who the hell knows we still discuss purchases with each
> other usually. I don't think I've ever told the man he couldn't have
> something though.. we both buy things that the other thinks are incredibly
> unnecessary.
>
> Denise

My wife and I have been together a long time and at first decided that if
something was $50 or more, we would discuss the purchase. The discussion
would usually be something along the lines of "do you really need it?" and
go from there. It would make the other aware of purchases that can impact
something like paying a bill or getting a necessary item for
school/car/home. Now it's more like we discuss things in the $100 range.
The whole point was to show respect for the person you are building a life
with and understanding that as decisions get bigger, they won't be made
unilaterally. I really tend not to buy things unless I have spent time
researching them, make sure I want/need them and have found the best deal.
As a result, my wife usually appreciates being in the loop and says go for
it. If nothing else, it's good to have that little bit of pause before you
buy expensive stuff so that you don't have any "buyer's remorse" or make an
impulsive purchase of something you are now stuck with.

Jose

20 Jul 2004 23:23:09
Lee Drake
Re: *meow*..... {CRACK}

The way Jose and Denise handle it is pretty much the way we do it as well -
been married happily for 22 years and counting (and together for 26). We
also both buy things the other doesn't think are necessary, but they are
always discussed first.

Cheers,
Firefly

news:[email protected]