30 Oct 2005 03:38:15
unforgiven 33
need good headgear

i say head gear because tha is what i mean. my nephew has a very good
mask that he likes and fits him well. (he also knows very well rule #1,
never take it off).
but it does not cover the back of his head or the top. today he got his
melon thumped pretty good. a shot right itn the back of his head where
there was no plastic mask. no matterhow much he tried not to, the tears
came anyway. i want to find the little guy a good qaulity mask that
covers his whole head. something that's comfortabe and fits a little
guy well.

some of you guys have kids that play, what types of headgear/masks do
they wear? (consumer report?) }8-)

30 Oct 2005 01:27:48
Tony Sr.
Re: need good headgear

there was a guy in here a few years back that modified a small motorcycle
Helmut...
"unforgiven 33" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> i say head gear because tha is what i mean. my nephew has a very good
> mask that he likes and fits him well. (he also knows very well rule #1,
> never take it off).
> but it does not cover the back of his head or the top. today he got his
> melon thumped pretty good. a shot right itn the back of his head where
> there was no plastic mask. no matterhow much he tried not to, the tears
> came anyway. i want to find the little guy a good qaulity mask that
> covers his whole head. something that's comfortabe and fits a little
> guy well.
>
> some of you guys have kids that play, what types of headgear/masks do
> they wear? (consumer report?) }8-)

30 Oct 2005 10:28:46
Re: need good headgear

"unforgiven 33" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>i say head gear because tha is what i mean. my nephew has a very good
> mask that he likes and fits him well. (he also knows very well rule #1,
> never take it off).
> but it does not cover the back of his head or the top. today he got his
> melon thumped pretty good. a shot right itn the back of his head where
> there was no plastic mask. no matterhow much he tried not to, the tears
> came anyway. i want to find the little guy a good qaulity mask that
> covers his whole head. something that's comfortabe and fits a little
> guy well.
>
> some of you guys have kids that play, what types of headgear/masks do
> they wear? (consumer report?) }8-)

How about one of those caps/dew rags... It should take at a little of the
sting...

30 Oct 2005 12:57:26
Volt
Re: need good headgear

unforgiven 33 wrote:
> some of you guys have kids that play, what types of headgear/masks do
> they wear? (consumer report?) }8-)

Put a baseball cap on the little guy and turn it around backwards with
the adjustment strap up near the top of his forhead then strap his
goggles on over that. The cap will cover the top of his head and with
it strapped on at such an angle the bill will cover most of his neck.
A good, thick cap will cut out a lot of the sting.

--

Volt
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or

30 Oct 2005 14:29:51
EDTHEWARD
Re: need good headgear

"unforgiven 33" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>i say head gear because tha is what i mean. my nephew has a very good
> mask that he likes and fits him well. (he also knows very well rule #1,
> never take it off).
> but it does not cover the back of his head or the top. today he got his
> melon thumped pretty good. a shot right itn the back of his head where
> there was no plastic mask. no matterhow much he tried not to, the tears
> came anyway. i want to find the little guy a good qaulity mask that
> covers his whole head. something that's comfortabe and fits a little
> guy well.

someone makes a full head mask...jt or somebody. I forget. covers the head
and is detatchable.

> some of you guys have kids that play, what types of headgear/masks do
> they wear? (consumer report?) }8-)

30 Oct 2005 09:48:17
Jeff Goslin
Re: need good headgear

"EDTHEWARD" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "unforgiven 33" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >i say head gear because tha is what i mean. my nephew has a very good
> > mask that he likes and fits him well. (he also knows very well rule #1,
> > never take it off).
> > but it does not cover the back of his head or the top. today he got his
> > melon thumped pretty good. a shot right itn the back of his head where
> > there was no plastic mask. no matterhow much he tried not to, the tears
> > came anyway. i want to find the little guy a good qaulity mask that
> > covers his whole head. something that's comfortabe and fits a little
> > guy well.
>
> someone makes a full head mask...jt or somebody. I forget. covers the head
> and is detatchable.

Yep, all the rental masks at our field have them. Neck guard, flap over the
top of the head, and the sides go further around. It's made of neoprene or
something.

Of course you could always just tell the little guy to suck it up.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

Matt Moriearty
Re: need good headgear

unforgiven 33 wrote:
> i say head gear because tha is what i mean. my nephew has a very good
> mask that he likes and fits him well. (he also knows very well rule #1,
> never take it off).
> but it does not cover the back of his head or the top. today he got his
> melon thumped pretty good. a shot right itn the back of his head where
> there was no plastic mask. no matterhow much he tried not to, the tears
> came anyway. i want to find the little guy a good qaulity mask that
> covers his whole head. something that's comfortabe and fits a little
> guy well.
>
> some of you guys have kids that play, what types of headgear/masks do
> they wear? (consumer report?) }8-)

JT makes a hard full-head mask, and I think Extreme Rage (PMI) recently
came out with one. I had the JT one a while back (mask was cheaper than
a new lens) and it's fairly comfortable, for a Wal-Mart mask. Thermal
lens, too. I had plastic 'dreds' tied onto mine because teammates would
keep shooting me by accident. Plus, it got questions. :P

Otherwise, I forgot the company, but do a search for 'turtle caps'. A
sports company makes them; they're baseball caps, but padded. If I
remember right, the maker got the idea when he got whacked with a
paintball at the temple or base of the skull and has headaches since.

--
Please note that due to cuts in the budget, the light at the end of the
tunnel has been disconnected.

30 Oct 2005 17:23:54
LCT Paintball
Re: need good headgear

> someone makes a full head mask...jt or somebody. I forget. covers the head
> and is detatchable.
>>
>> some of you guys have kids that play, what types of headgear/masks do
>> they wear? (consumer report?) }8-)

PMI makes one. My boy has one, but he doesn't like to wear it. I think for
him, it's a fashion thing.

It's made from hard plastic and appears to allow a good amount of
protection. It is available in thermal lens too.

30 Oct 2005 11:53:55
drew
Re: need good headgear

there are helmets that you can buy at dicks sporting goods that cover
the whole face or go to www.airsoft128.com and find helmets they
sometimes have full cover helmets

30 Oct 2005 15:20:45
Hardtime
Re: need good headgear

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 17:23:54 GMT, "LCT Paintball"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>> someone makes a full head mask...jt or somebody. I forget. covers the head
>> and is detatchable.
>>>
>>> some of you guys have kids that play, what types of headgear/masks do
>>> they wear? (consumer report?) }8-)
>>>

>PMI makes one. My boy has one, but he doesn't like to wear it. I think for
>him, it's a fashion thing.
>
>It's made from hard plastic and appears to allow a good amount of
>protection. It is available in thermal lens too.

You can get the pre-made mask/helmet types like the ones at:

http://www.xtremez.com/paintball/product_information.asp?number=GGJFH&variation=BLK&aitem=&mitem=&back=yes&dept=50
http://www.expertshot.com/32deargo.html

Or you can do the baseball cap backwards routine (make sure it has no
rivets or heavy seams)

Or you can do the bandana routine or you can just get a balaclava and
wear it with the goggle strap over it. They sell neck protectors for
about $3-$5.00 to if needed.

I have one kid that does the cap routine and the other does it the
goggle only system and toughs it out.

Just a bunch of ways to do it just find whatever they are comfortable
with. I look at it like this, if one can get around behind me please
try the pack or main torso. If you go for the head shot when other
are just as easily available you are going to have to remember what
goes around comes around ;-)

Hardtime

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

31 Oct 2005 20:37:59
Phelps
Re: need good headgear

In article <[email protected] >,
Volt <[email protected] > wrote:

> Put a baseball cap on the little guy and turn it around backwards with
> the adjustment strap up near the top of his forhead then strap his
> goggles on over that. The cap will cover the top of his head and with
> it strapped on at such an angle the bill will cover most of his neck.
> A good, thick cap will cut out a lot of the sting.

I use a boonie cap the same way. No rivet right in the middle to worry
about. Knit hats work well too.

--
Phelps
<http://www.donotremove.netcolor=#0000FF> >

31 Oct 2005 21:57:19
Dan Martin
Re: need good headgear

I think PMI and JT make full coverage headgear. I've seen them available
at Canadian Tire and Wally world I believe.

I took a surplus cadpad Canadian forces helmet cover and slipped it over a
Wally world bike helmet, works like a champ!

Dan