15 Jul 2004 13:02:47
derrick
need help with a spyder shutter co2 problem

i've got a spyder shutter that needs some fixing. i can't get it to
hold enough air pressure. i've cleaned out every piece of the gun and
can find nothing impeding the flow of co2. i've figured that my next
step is to change the spring (which badly needs to be changed
anyways). does anybody have anyother suggestions? i'm selling it to
a friend and kind of need it in working condition before i can do so.

15 Jul 2004 17:34:24
Jeff Goslin
Re: need help with a spyder shutter co2 problem

You didn't mention the symptoms of the problem you were experiencing, which
I can only assume is "low velocity". If you have low velocity, the FIRST
thing you do is not assume you aren't getting airflow, but rather check your
main spring and change all o-rings.

So, change your main spring and change all the o-rings, relube it(but not
too much) and fire it up. Odds are good that will fix any problems you're
having.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

"derrick" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> i've got a spyder shutter that needs some fixing. i can't get it to
> hold enough air pressure. i've cleaned out every piece of the gun and
> can find nothing impeding the flow of co2. i've figured that my next
> step is to change the spring (which badly needs to be changed
> anyways). does anybody have anyother suggestions? i'm selling it to
> a friend and kind of need it in working condition before i can do so.

16 Jul 2004 02:39:21
DGDevin
Re: need help with a spyder shutter co2 problem

"derrick" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> i've got a spyder shutter that needs some fixing. i can't get it to
> hold enough air pressure. i've cleaned out every piece of the gun and
> can find nothing impeding the flow of co2. i've figured that my next
> step is to change the spring (which badly needs to be changed
> anyways). does anybody have anyother suggestions? i'm selling it to
> a friend and kind of need it in working condition before i can do so.

Could be a lot of things, like the brass valve guide nut has worked lose, or
the cup seal has started unscrewing from the valve shaft, or the striker
o-ring needs replacing, or, as you suspect, the mainspring. It can even be
a worn sear pin, that's one most people miss.

16 Jul 2004 09:40:44
derrick
Re: need help with a spyder shutter co2 problem

thanks for the info. i already changed all the o-rings--no luck. the
problem is that the velocity is far too low. so i'll try the
mainspring.

again, thanks for the info.