22 Aug 2005 21:50:24
Tony Sr.
ot...history lesson for today

Have a history teacher explain this----- if they can.

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
Both wives lost their children while living in the
White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
Both Presidents were shot in the head.

Now it gets really weird.

Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.
Kennedy's Secretary was named Lincoln.

Both were assassinated by Southerners.
Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in
1808.
Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in
1908.

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born
in 1839.
Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born
in 1939.

Both assassins were known by their three names.
Both names are composed of fifteen letters.

Now hang on to your seat.

Lincoln was shot at the theater named 'Ford.'
Kennedy was shot in a car called 'Lincoln' made by
'Ford.'

Lincoln was shot in a theater and his assassin ran and
hid in a warehouse.
Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran
and hid in a theater.

Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their
trials.

And here's the kicker...

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe,
Maryland
A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn
Monroe.

Creepy huh? Send this to as many people as you can,
cause: Hey, this is one history lesson people don't
mind reading

23 Aug 2005 14:57:21
LCT Paintball
Re: ot...history lesson for today

Yea, and according to my mother-in-law Elvis isn't really dead because they
spelled his name wrong on his tombstone.

--
"Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
www.LCTPaintball.com

"Tony Sr." <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Have a history teacher explain this----- if they can.
>
> Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
> John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.
>
> Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
> John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.
>
> Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
> Both wives lost their children while living in the
> White House.
>
> Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
> Both Presidents were shot in the head.
>
> Now it gets really weird.
>
> Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.
> Kennedy's Secretary was named Lincoln.
>
> Both were assassinated by Southerners.
> Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.
>
> Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in
> 1808.
> Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in
> 1908.
>
> John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born
> in 1839.
> Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born
> in 1939.
>
> Both assassins were known by their three names.
> Both names are composed of fifteen letters.
>
> Now hang on to your seat.
>
> Lincoln was shot at the theater named 'Ford.'
> Kennedy was shot in a car called 'Lincoln' made by
> 'Ford.'
>
> Lincoln was shot in a theater and his assassin ran and
> hid in a warehouse.
> Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran
> and hid in a theater.
>
> Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their
> trials.
>
> And here's the kicker...
>
> A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe,
> Maryland
> A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn
> Monroe.
>
> Creepy huh? Send this to as many people as you can,
> cause: Hey, this is one history lesson people don't
> mind reading

23 Aug 2005 15:47:17
Bruce Chang
Re: ot...history lesson for today

Here's your explanation:

http://www.snopes.com/history/american/linckenn.htm

"Tony Sr." <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Have a history teacher explain this----- if they can.
>
> Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
> John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.
>
> Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
> John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.
>
> Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
> Both wives lost their children while living in the
> White House.
>
> Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
> Both Presidents were shot in the head.
>
> Now it gets really weird.
>
> Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.
> Kennedy's Secretary was named Lincoln.
>
> Both were assassinated by Southerners.
> Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.
>
> Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in
> 1808.
> Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in
> 1908.
>
> John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born
> in 1839.
> Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born
> in 1939.
>
> Both assassins were known by their three names.
> Both names are composed of fifteen letters.
>
> Now hang on to your seat.
>
> Lincoln was shot at the theater named 'Ford.'
> Kennedy was shot in a car called 'Lincoln' made by
> 'Ford.'
>
> Lincoln was shot in a theater and his assassin ran and
> hid in a warehouse.
> Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran
> and hid in a theater.
>
> Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their
> trials.
>
> And here's the kicker...
>
> A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe,
> Maryland
> A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn
> Monroe.
>
> Creepy huh? Send this to as many people as you can,
> cause: Hey, this is one history lesson people don't
> mind reading

23 Aug 2005 23:04:53
John

On 22-Aug-2005, "Tony Sr." <[email protected] > wrote:

> A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe,
> Maryland
> A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn
> Monroe.

I'm sure it could be better stated that JFK was "IN" Marilyn Monroe the
week before, also :)

--
John TI2#003
[email protected]

23 Aug 2005 23:12:15
Bruce Chang
Re: ot...history lesson for today

"John" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> On 22-Aug-2005, "Tony Sr." <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe,
>> Maryland
>> A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn
>> Monroe.
>
> I'm sure it could be better stated that JFK was "IN" Marilyn Monroe the
> week before, also :)
>
> --
> John TI2#003
> [email protected]

I would certainly hope not. Marilyn Monroe died the year before.

24 Aug 2005 13:20:33
Daniel Stocker
Re: ot...history lesson for today

Seriously? How did they spell it and how is it supposed to be spelt? Or are
you just joking?

Cheers,
Daniel

"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s71...
> Yea, and according to my mother-in-law Elvis isn't really dead because
they
> spelled his name wrong on his tombstone.
>
> --
> "Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
> www.LCTPaintball.com
> www.LCTProducts.com
>

> "Tony Sr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Have a history teacher explain this----- if they can.
> >
> > Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
> > John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.
> >
> > Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
> > John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.
> >
> > Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
> > Both wives lost their children while living in the
> > White House.
> >
> > Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
> > Both Presidents were shot in the head.
> >
> > Now it gets really weird.
> >
> > Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.
> > Kennedy's Secretary was named Lincoln.
> >
> > Both were assassinated by Southerners.
> > Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.
> >
> > Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in
> > 1808.
> > Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in
> > 1908.
> >
> > John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born
> > in 1839.
> > Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born
> > in 1939.
> >
> > Both assassins were known by their three names.
> > Both names are composed of fifteen letters.
> >
> > Now hang on to your seat.
> >
> > Lincoln was shot at the theater named 'Ford.'
> > Kennedy was shot in a car called 'Lincoln' made by
> > 'Ford.'
> >
> > Lincoln was shot in a theater and his assassin ran and
> > hid in a warehouse.
> > Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran
> > and hid in a theater.
> >
> > Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their
> > trials.
> >
> > And here's the kicker...
> >
> > A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe,
> > Maryland
> > A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn
> > Monroe.
> >
> > Creepy huh? Send this to as many people as you can,
> > cause: Hey, this is one history lesson people don't
> > mind reading

24 Aug 2005 13:29:49
LCT Paintball
Re: ot...history lesson for today

--
"Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
www.LCTPaintball.com
www.LCTProducts.com

"Daniel Stocker" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Seriously? How did they spell it and how is it supposed to be spelt? Or
> are
> you just joking?
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

It was actually his middle name that is supposed to be misspelled. I
couldn't remember the details, so I looked it up. This is what I found.

Aron or Aaron? The correct spelling of Elvis's middle name has baffled fans
for years. The fact is that Elvis was apparently named Aron (just the one
'a') after his stillborn twin Garon. However, rumour has it that when Elvis
wanted to change the spelling to the more traditional Aaron, he found it had
always been spelt that way due to a bureaucratic error. Later, knowing that
Elvis preferred the traditional spelling, his father chose Aaron for his
tombstone.