17 Apr 2007 22:29:12
unforgiven 33
paintball comparison

i use nelson products:
anarchy
hemorage
nelspot
special forces (i think)
precision
they make good paint. i've styed with precision for a long time. i shoot
very consistantly with it.

recently i switched to proball (pro-bounce)
because i get the blood red fill :-) also because it shoots through
brush and leaves to get to my intended targets :-)

i've used many brands of paintballs over the few short years i've been
playing. some sucked big time others were good. what do you guys like to
use? give me a comparison between wha you speedballers use compared to
what we woodsballrs use.

i've tried to use some of the higher grade paint bought from local
speedball fields... needless to say, it didn't go too good for me in the
woods LoL. and i unfortunately i've bounced some hard PROBALL paint off
of speedballers too :-)

best paintballs out there in your opinions?

18 Apr 2007 03:10:43
Re: paintball comparison

RPS used to make( I don't know if they produce it anymore it has been years
since I used it) a Gator ball, it was a thicker walled ball and was super
for woodsball. The only set back was that once in awhile one would bouce off
the player, rather than breaking. However, for hot humid conditions like we
have here in Southwest Louisiana the GB really held up nicely. These days I
use Zap field paint. It is inexpensive, and I can get a 2000 rounds for
around 35 US Dollars. The only draw back with it, is that I have found that
it may not penetrate bushes as well as the RSP Gator Ball. With the
occasional bounce from the Gator ball, verses the Zap field paints average
thickness everything kinda evens out. So I tend to go with inexpensive
paint. The old Gator ball used to run 10 Dollars US for 200 rounds, but that
was also circa 1990-1994.

Paint Safe
john

--
Duct tape is alot like the Force, it has a Lightside and a Darkside, and it
binds the universe together.

18 Apr 2007 14:48:50
Luke S Michalski
Re: paintball comparison

> paint. The old Gator ball used to run 10 Dollars US for 200 rounds, but
> that
> was also circa 1990-1994.
> Paint Safe
> john

and what do you think about RPS Stinger - Camo? I have good deal on it, but
never used it. I'm thinking about buying 2000pack.

18 Apr 2007 14:13:50
Re: paintball comparison

On 18-Apr-2007, "Luke S Michalski" <[email protected] > wrote:

Actaully I am not sure about that paint( RPS Stinger - Camo), I have never
used it either. I did use some Marblizer (I think that is the name) a few
years ago, in all I found that it was better than the Zaps field paint, but
it cost about 20 US Dollars more for the same amount of paint. RPS is a good
paint however, and I believe that they are the company that invented the
water/gel based paintball. At first, long ago, paintball was played with oil
based, permenant paint. One type of paint I have come across that I did not
like was Blue Streak. Now I have heard that they have gone back, a few years
ago, and reworked the formula for ther Paint. However, my story is simple. A
lot of use were on a tight budget a few years ago. To cut some gaming cost
we bought a new cheap paint, Blue Streak. What we got was screwed. None of
the paint was any good. You could shoot trees with the stuff and the
paintballs would just bounce off. We called them PainBalls, because to hit
someone with only caused the person getting hit to be in pain.