30 Oct 2005 03:31:34
unforgiven 33
playing the "semi-pros"

today our home field was invaded by an established team of woods tourney
players. our first contact with them. they out numbered us 3 to 1
(basically 17 to 5). we went out and took up positions. the "invaders"
entered from aywhere they wanted. and we had to kill they all or drive
them out. well, we didn't get it done. but after our last gy got put out
(my 11 yr old nephew) there was only 3 of them left.

we played against them a couple of times. and even mixed teams and
played various other games. i personally don't think that these guys
were better than us at all. 4 guys and a kid against semi-pros.

what the heck is a semi-pro in paintball anyway?

anyway, just doing a tad bit of bragging. no particular reason for it i
guess }8-)

30 Oct 2005 17:26:03
LCT Paintball
Re: playing the "semi-pros"

> what the heck is a semi-pro in paintball anyway?
>
> anyway, just doing a tad bit of bragging. no particular reason for it i
> guess }8-)

What's a woods tourney?

I thought a few years ago about putting together a tournament for woods
players, but never had the funds to do it right. Are they doing that now?

30 Oct 2005 14:49:18
Hardtime
Re: playing the "semi-pros"

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 03:31:34 -0400, [email protected] (unforgiven
33) wrote:

>today our home field was invaded by an established team of woods tourney
>players. our first contact with them. they out numbered us 3 to 1
>(basically 17 to 5). we went out and took up positions. the "invaders"
>entered from aywhere they wanted. and we had to kill they all or drive
>them out. well, we didn't get it done. but after our last gy got put out
>(my 11 yr old nephew) there was only 3 of them left.
>
>we played against them a couple of times. and even mixed teams and
>played various other games. i personally don't think that these guys
>were better than us at all. 4 guys and a kid against semi-pros.
>
>what the heck is a semi-pro in paintball anyway?

Someone that has payed and played in a lot of tournaments ;-)

>anyway, just doing a tad bit of bragging. no particular reason for it i
>guess }8-)

It is always good to mix it up and create some variety, I love it :-)

Hardtime

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

02 Nov 2005 06:21:55
mad8
Re: playing the "semi-pros"

wtf are woods tourneys?

semi pro in seedball are some crazy guys...

unforgiven 33 wrote:
> today our home field was invaded by an established team of woods tourney
> players. our first contact with them. they out numbered us 3 to 1
> (basically 17 to 5). we went out and took up positions. the "invaders"
> entered from aywhere they wanted. and we had to kill they all or drive
> them out. well, we didn't get it done. but after our last gy got put out
> (my 11 yr old nephew) there was only 3 of them left.
>
> we played against them a couple of times. and even mixed teams and
> played various other games. i personally don't think that these guys
> were better than us at all. 4 guys and a kid against semi-pros.
>
> what the heck is a semi-pro in paintball anyway?
>
> anyway, just doing a tad bit of bragging. no particular reason for it i
> guess }8-)

02 Nov 2005 12:15:32
Hardtime
Re: playing the "semi-pros"

On 2 Nov 2005 06:21:55 -0800, "mad8" <[email protected] > wrote:

>wtf are woods tourneys?
>
>semi pro in seedball are some crazy guys...

Woods/Scenario Events (some call them tourneys) have objectives,
casualties, missions, covert ops and such. You get or loose points
for everything. It is what you make out of it. That is why we say
scenario takes a little more planning.

There are differences where the generic wood tourneys involve a
capture the flag much like X-Ball and stuff but it tends to use the
woods and natural or more permanent bunkers and barricades.

That is why we say speedball is pretty simple just get the angles.

Scenario and woods takes a little more thought.
Let me see I want to take those guys out. Maybe if I line up with
this combination of three trees they will not be able to see or get
me? Or: Hey I am in this nice and safe bunker. Wait a minute what
is it with all of these blind spots. Ooch, darn it, where did that
paintball come from. You listen outside and hear I told you if I took
that approach through that depression that I could sneak up on him.

**Hey Mad,
You might want to turn on the spell check. I do not know but I think
using seedballs would involve to much cleaning. I use a Tippmann
mainly and I like to come home and put it on the shelf and then next
time I play put a few dabs of oil in the ASA adapter and shoot on.
Maybe pull it apart every 6-8 day playing. ;-)

What variety do you use and are they of a flowering nature or just
weed.

I just had to. :-)