26 Oct 2005 23:45:18
unforgiven 33
silencers for paintball guns?

http://www.corin.com/bill/paintball/silencer.html
i've seen a bunch of stuff on here about suppressers/silencers for
paintball guns. even tried making a couple. they didn't make much of a
difference at all.
has anyone else out there tried one or made one? what do ya think?

27 Oct 2005 17:21:40
Dan Martin
Re: silencers for paintball guns?

Hmm, I tried making one out of pvc and insulating foam, Looked freaking
evil, Sounded really LOUD!!!!

Lower your pressure and you'll get quieter.

BTW for what marker?

Dan

"unforgiven 33" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> http://www.corin.com/bill/paintball/silencer.html
> i've seen a bunch of stuff on here about suppressers/silencers for
> paintball guns. even tried making a couple. they didn't make much of a
> difference at all.
> has anyone else out there tried one or made one? what do ya think?

25 Apr 2006 21:20:14
Nobby
Re: silencers for paintball guns?

Got an old Scorpion pump about 15 Yrs old actually, with a 6" barrel with a
push on silencer works quite well with a mechanical sort of pop. Also had a
custom 14" sniper barrel made with the silencer built on it, ABSOLUTELY
MINT, just thumps with the sound of the trigger click. I just wish it would
fit on my JT as the accuracy is astounding, you really need to try it to
believe it.

Had it from a shop that did custom parts. It's made from ultra light alloy,
with a set of long slots with large rubber "O" rings at each end, sound
proofing rapped around and a alloy tube over them.

The machining is a true laser aligned .69 Cal Honed and polished 14" length
finished in blue anodising.

God I wish I could find the shop I had it from all those years ago.

I'll take a picture when I get five with it in pieces, so you can see the
structure....

Nobby

"unforgiven 33" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> http://www.corin.com/bill/paintball/silencer.html
> i've seen a bunch of stuff on here about suppressers/silencers for
> paintball guns. even tried making a couple. they didn't make much of a
> difference at all.
> has anyone else out there tried one or made one? what do ya think?

28 Apr 2006 10:21:56
Nobby
Re: silencers for paintball guns?

The 14" barrel and silencer are one piece, but the sleeve can come off for
cleaning.

Nobby

28 Apr 2006 10:19:06
Nobby
Re: silencers for paintball guns?

The 14" barrel is the silencer, and only comes apart for cleaning.

Nobby