29 Dec 2005 01:46:03
Tony Sr.
tepp yep

By Paul Paterra
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, December 24, 2005

A bill relating to paintball has been signed in to law by Gov. Ed
Rendell.
House Bill 1686, sponsored by Rep. Jess Stairs, R-Acme, amends the
sections of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes for paintball guns and
markers.

The bill regulates the transportation of paintball supplies and
differentiates a paintball marker from firearms such as air rifles or BB
guns.

It also states a person may not carry a paintball gun or marker in a
vehicle on a highway unless the item is empty of paintballs, the propellant
source is turned off; the paintballs are stored in a separate or closed
container; and the item is in a secure wrapper, has a barrel-blocking device
or is not readily accessible from the passenger seat of the vehicle.

The bill further states an individual may not fire a paintball gun at
someone who is not participating in paintball activities or the person
firing the paintball will be charged with a summary offense.

Additionally, a person can be found guilty of criminal mischief for
intentionally defacing personal, private or public property by discharging a
paintball gun at a property.

The bill contains a subsection that specifically states a paintball
marker is not the same as an air rifle, BB gun or any implement that impels
a pellet that could cause bodily harm.

The bill passed the House, 198-0, and the Senate, with amendments,
50-0. The House concurred, 196-0.

It takes effect in 60 days.

Paul Paterra can be reached at [email protected] or (724) 836-6220.

29 Dec 2005 01:47:20
Tony Sr.
Re: tepp yep

bound to happen...noobs love shooting streets and people...assholes at
best...thx
"Tony Sr." <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:lfOsf.245[email protected]

> By Paul Paterra
> TRIBUNE-REVIEW
> Saturday, December 24, 2005
>

> A bill relating to paintball has been signed in to law by Gov. Ed
> Rendell.
> House Bill 1686, sponsored by Rep. Jess Stairs, R-Acme, amends the
> sections of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes for paintball guns and
> markers.
>
> The bill regulates the transportation of paintball supplies and
> differentiates a paintball marker from firearms such as air rifles or BB
> guns.
>
> It also states a person may not carry a paintball gun or marker in a
> vehicle on a highway unless the item is empty of paintballs, the
propellant
> source is turned off; the paintballs are stored in a separate or closed
> container; and the item is in a secure wrapper, has a barrel-blocking
device
> or is not readily accessible from the passenger seat of the vehicle.
>

> The bill further states an individual may not fire a paintball gun
at
> someone who is not participating in paintball activities or the person
> firing the paintball will be charged with a summary offense.
>
> Additionally, a person can be found guilty of criminal mischief for
> intentionally defacing personal, private or public property by discharging
> paintball gun at a property.
>
> The bill contains a subsection that specifically states a paintball
> marker is not the same as an air rifle, BB gun or any implement that
impels
> a pellet that could cause bodily harm.
>
> The bill passed the House, 198-0, and the Senate, with amendments,
> 50-0. The House concurred, 196-0.
>
> It takes effect in 60 days.
>

> Paul Paterra can be reached at [email protected] or (724)
836-6220.

29 Dec 2005 05:42:46
Re: tepp yep

hey, that's my state!

29 Dec 2005 05:47:16
Tony Sr.
Re: tepp yep

check it out...it sounds like first state to try to crack down on the kids
doing shit ;-)
<[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> hey, that's my state!

29 Dec 2005 06:01:07
Re: tepp yep

now here's what i wonder. would my concealed carry permit allow me to
keep my markers assembled? probably not as the bill differentiates them
from other firearms..

Tony Sr. wrote:
> check it out...it sounds like first state to try to crack down on the kids
> doing shit ;-)
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > hey, that's my state!

29 Dec 2005 11:14:56
unforgiven 33
Re: tepp yep

it's a shame but i guess something has to be done because of idiots
treating the community as their personal paintball shooting gallery.

29 Dec 2005 17:05:04
Dan Martin
Re: tepp yep

Actually I think it good. The bill differentiates between forearms,bb gun
and paintball markers, thus not lumping them all together, and it doesn't
ask for anything that we the woodsballs and tourney types don't already
practice.

Cheers

Dan

"unforgiven 33" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> it's a shame but i guess something has to be done because of idiots
> treating the community as their personal paintball shooting gallery.

29 Dec 2005 19:42:56
Tony Sr.
Re: tepp yep

right on Dan ;-)
"Dan Martin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Actually I think it good. The bill differentiates between forearms,bb gun
> and paintball markers, thus not lumping them all together, and it doesn't
> ask for anything that we the woodsballs and tourney types don't already
> practice.
>
> Cheers
>
> Dan
>
> "unforgiven 33" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > it's a shame but i guess something has to be done because of idiots
> > treating the community as their personal paintball shooting gallery.

29 Dec 2005 23:07:08
Hardtime
Re: tepp yep

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:05:04 -0500, "Dan Martin"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>Actually I think it good. The bill differentiates between forearms,bb gun
>and paintball markers, thus not lumping them all together, and it doesn't
>ask for anything that we the woodsballs and tourney types don't already
>practice.
>
>Cheers
>
>Dan

Yes it does make it easier to crack on the troublemakers. I already
practice these rules as storage rules. I like to stay out of trouble
when related to paintball except on the paintball field then it is
open season. :-)

Hardtime

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88