21 Apr 2007 07:10:11
Tony
tippmann model 98 doesn't re-cock

My friend brought his tippmann 98 to me, which hasn't been used for a
long time, and I put a tank of co2 on it, cocked it, and shot and it
didn't re-cock. We took it apart but nothing stood out. So we put it
back together and it still wouldn't re-cock. What can I do? When I
cocked it for the first time, it seemed like the bolt got caught on
something which prevented it from easily cocking.

21 Apr 2007 09:23:53
Roy
Re: tippmann model 98 doesn't re-cock

Oil (3in1 sewing machine oil only!!) the bolt.
"Tony" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
My friend brought his tippmann 98 to me, which hasn't been used for a
long time, and I put a tank of co2 on it, cocked it, and shot and it
didn't re-cock. We took it apart but nothing stood out. So we put it
back together and it still wouldn't re-cock. What can I do? When I
cocked it for the first time, it seemed like the bolt got caught on
something which prevented it from easily cocking.

21 Apr 2007 18:47:07
Tony
Re: tippmann model 98 doesn't re-cock

Ah, didn't work...anything else which could be preventing it?

22 Apr 2007 17:33:48
Re: tippmann model 98 doesn't re-cock

Try these people out, they know a lot about Tippman products, and any
problems that you may have with a Tippman Marker.

Tippmann Sports LLC. Fort Wayne, IN
2955 Adams Center Road | Fort Wayne, IN 46803
Toll Free 1-800-533-4831 | P: 260-749-6022 | F: 260-749-6619

Tippmann Sports LLC. Buffalo Grove, IL Corporate Office
975 Weiland Road, Suite 120 | Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
P: 847-541-0551 | F: 847-541-0310

http://www.tippmann.com/ContactUs.aspx

Paint Safe
john

--
Duct tape is alot like the Force, it has a Lightside and a Darkside, and it
binds the universe together.

On 21-Apr-2007, Tony <[email protected] > wrote:

> My friend brought his tippmann 98 to me, which hasn't been used for a
> long time, and I put a tank of co2 on it, cocked it, and shot and it
> didn't re-cock. We took it apart but nothing stood out. So we put it
> back together and it still wouldn't re-cock. What can I do? When I
> cocked it for the first time, it seemed like the bolt got caught on
> something which prevented it from easily cocking.

22 Apr 2007 22:04:02

On Apr 21, 7:10 am, Tony <[email protected] > wrote:
> My friend brought his tippmann 98 to me, which hasn't been used for a
> long time, and I put a tank of co2 on it, cocked it, and shot and it
> didn't re-cock. We took it apart but nothing stood out. So we put it
> back together and it still wouldn't re-cock. What can I do? When I
> cocked it for the first time, it seemed like the bolt got caught on
> something which prevented it from easily cocking.

Check to make sure that the powertube assembly (the valve housing,
especially where the hammer hits the valve) isn't cracked. Also make
sure that the o-ring on the hammer is intact.

23 Apr 2007 05:32:12
MeDragon
Re: tippmann model 98 doesn't re-cock

Call Tippmann (number and Adress at the bottom of post) and ask them, If
they can't help you over the phone, then you can send it to them, and they
will fix it no hassles, and really quick, sometimes for free....
I sent my .68 Carbine to them a few years ago because it needed a new part
(some o-rings on the old part died) and they didn't make that part any more,
but they said to send it in, and they would replace it with a new part. I
sent it away, expected 3-4 weeks and $40+ US to replace, and in 1.5 weeks I
got a parcel back from them. My carbine got not only the new part, but all
orings replaced, and some other minor parts (that are listed at the $15+
each when you can find them) replaced for nothing.
Since then several freinds have had to send their tippys away for work
beyond our capabilities, and all but 1 got the work done for free ( the one
had to pay $3.50Us for a part) So they are pretty good with their customers.

Scott

Tippmann Sports LLC. Fort Wayne, IN
2955 Adams Center Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46803
Toll Free 1-800-533-4831 P: 260-749-6022
F: 260-749-6619

"Tony" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> My friend brought his tippmann 98 to me, which hasn't been used for a
> long time, and I put a tank of co2 on it, cocked it, and shot and it
> didn't re-cock. We took it apart but nothing stood out. So we put it
> back together and it still wouldn't re-cock. What can I do? When I
> cocked it for the first time, it seemed like the bolt got caught on
> something which prevented it from easily cocking.

28 Apr 2007 15:12:23
Mark M
Re: tippmann model 98 doesn't re-cock

"Roy" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Oil (3in1 sewing machine oil only!!) the bolt.
> "Tony" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> My friend brought his tippmann 98 to me, which hasn't been used for a
> long time, and I put a tank of co2 on it, cocked it, and shot and it
> didn't re-cock. We took it apart but nothing stood out. So we put it
> back together and it still wouldn't re-cock. What can I do? When I
> cocked it for the first time, it seemed like the bolt got caught on
> something which prevented it from easily cocking.

Tippmann recommends Hoppes 9 Gun Oil. In fact they include a small tube
with their markers.

Mark M

29 Apr 2007 19:42:39
Jeff Goslin
Re: tippmann model 98 doesn't re-cock

Replace all the orings. Odds are good one of them(or more) is
swollen/cut/needs replacing. Then lube it up good, and fire away. That
SHOULD fix the problem.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD
www.goslin.info

"Tony" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> My friend brought his tippmann 98 to me, which hasn't been used for a
> long time, and I put a tank of co2 on it, cocked it, and shot and it
> didn't re-cock. We took it apart but nothing stood out. So we put it
> back together and it still wouldn't re-cock. What can I do? When I
> cocked it for the first time, it seemed like the bolt got caught on
> something which prevented it from easily cocking.

01 May 2007 20:08:58
BEEFJERKYHUNTER

On Apr 29, 5:42 pm, "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote:
> Replace all the orings. Odds are good one of them(or more) is
> swollen/cut/needs replacing. Then lube it up good, and fire away. That
> SHOULD fix the problem.
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSDwww.goslin.info
>
> "Tony" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]
>
> > My friend brought his tippmann 98 to me, which hasn't been used for a
> > long time, and I put a tank of co2 on it, cocked it, and shot and it
> > didn't re-cock. We took it apart but nothing stood out. So we put it
> > back together and it still wouldn't re-cock. What can I do? When I
> > cocked it for the first time, it seemed like the bolt got caught on
> > something which prevented it from easily cocking.

You can replace the bolt as well =D

02 May 2007 12:11:40
Jeff Goslin
Re: tippmann model 98 doesn't re-cock

He specifically said it hadn't been used in a long time. Long enough time
to have every o-ring in the bastard swell to beyond useful size, or crack to
beyond where it can hold a seal. I hardly think the same thing would happen
to a solid metal bolt.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD
www.goslin.info

"BEEFJERKYHUNTER" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Apr 29, 5:42 pm, "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Replace all the orings. Odds are good one of them(or more) is
>> swollen/cut/needs replacing. Then lube it up good, and fire away. That
>> SHOULD fix the problem.
>>
>> --
>> Jeff Goslin - MCSDwww.goslin.info
>>
>> "Tony" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> news:[email protected]
>>
>> > My friend brought his tippmann 98 to me, which hasn't been used for a
>> > long time, and I put a tank of co2 on it, cocked it, and shot and it
>> > didn't re-cock. We took it apart but nothing stood out. So we put it
>> > back together and it still wouldn't re-cock. What can I do? When I
>> > cocked it for the first time, it seemed like the bolt got caught on
>> > something which prevented it from easily cocking.
>
> You can replace the bolt as well =D

02 May 2007 17:28:01
Nobby
Re: tippmann model 98 doesn't re-cock

New seals and good old oil, also check the sear for wear and free movement,
look for the sear spring to see if it has broken like my Spyder did once

--
Nobby

Never let the bastards grind you down...
Think positive and get even!!!

http://nobbyondanet-pics.magix.net/