07 Apr 2007 23:54:09
unforgiven 33
what the heck...?

the "tombstone" in my a-5 is leaking like a screen door. i borowed my
buddies a-5 and the "tombstone" in it was leaking too. one of our team
members just had the same problem? what is happening? i jus put in a new
one on my gun so it's not leaking anymore. i've never known this to
happen before (never heard of it). is it common?

my a-5 has been relly acting up lately (since i put my flat-line on it).

08 Apr 2007 06:39:51
Nobby
Re: what the heck...?

What's a tombstone?

--
Nobby

Never let the bastards grind you down...
Think positive and get even!!!

http://nobbyondanet-pics.magix.net/

"unforgiven 33" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> the "tombstone" in my a-5 is leaking like a screen door. i borowed my
> buddies a-5 and the "tombstone" in it was leaking too. one of our team
> members just had the same problem? what is happening? i jus put in a new
> one on my gun so it's not leaking anymore. i've never known this to
> happen before (never heard of it). is it common?
>
> my a-5 has been relly acting up lately (since i put my flat-line on it).

08 Apr 2007 06:58:46
Scott
Re: what the heck...?

"Nobby" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> What's a tombstone?

>SNIP<
Ditto.

08 Apr 2007 20:05:31
John
Re: what the heck...?

Personally, I do not care for the flatline barrel at all. Now about this
tombstone? what is tombstone. I own an A-5 and I'm not sure on what your
talking about. Could you specify a part name or number? Thanks.

john

--
Duct tape is alot like the Force, it has a Lightside and a Darkside, and it
binds the universe together.

08 Apr 2007 20:29:03
Re: what the heck...? Part2

OK, I have found the Tombstone Adaptor (part # 02-24). My guess is that if
the leak developed right after insetting the new adaptor, you make have
pinched off the o-ring. Check that first. Also make sure that the tombstone
adaptor is seated properly, and that the fit is snug. If none of these are
not the case, try some teflon tape around the threads on the male
adaptor(coming off the gasline) that fits inside of the tombstone adaptor.
Also, try contacting Tippman at this address,
http://www.tippmann.com/ContactUs.aspx
The maker of the marker can answer your technical questions with much more
understanding on problems which may plague the product.

Paint Safe
john

--
Duct tape is alot like the Force, it has a Lightside and a Darkside, and it
binds the universe together.

08 Apr 2007 20:56:15
Scott
Re: what the heck...? Part2

Drat!, Instead of telling us WHERE it is and what it does.... Someone Has
the Audacity to make us look it up by posting a part number....... What is
this group coming to?????????????????????
>VERY BIG GRIN<

Scott

<[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> OK, I have found the Tombstone Adaptor (part # 02-24). My guess is that if
> the leak developed right after insetting the new adaptor, you make have
> pinched off the o-ring. Check that first. Also make sure that the
> tombstone
> adaptor is seated properly, and that the fit is snug. If none of these are
> not the case, try some teflon tape around the threads on the male
> adaptor(coming off the gasline) that fits inside of the tombstone adaptor.
> Also, try contacting Tippman at this address,
> http://www.tippmann.com/ContactUs.aspx
> The maker of the marker can answer your technical questions with much more
> understanding on problems which may plague the product.
>
> Paint Safe
> john
>
> --
> Duct tape is alot like the Force, it has a Lightside and a Darkside, and
> it
> binds the universe together.

08 Apr 2007 20:05:08
Hardtime
Re: what the heck...?

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 06:58:46 GMT, "Scott" <[email protected] >
wrote:

>"Nobby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>
>> What's a tombstone?
>
>>SNIP<
>Ditto.

It is the part where your air line from the ASA goes to the bottom of
the A-5 Barrel. It is that adapter that goes into the bottom of the
barrel and your air line screws into. If you have any imagination it
looks like a tombstone with a hole in the upright portion of it. It
needs to be greased not oiled. If you are just oiling it, it will
leak. It also needs to be in more tighter/securely than any other
part on your marker or yes it will leak air.

I believe it is part #02-24 of the Tippmann A-5 parts diagram located
at: http://www.tippmann.com/pdfs/products/A5/a5manual.pdf

(`._Hardtime_.)

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

08 Apr 2007 20:09:57
Hardtime
Re: what the heck...?

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 20:05:08 -0400, Hardtime <[email protected] >
wrote:

>On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 06:58:46 GMT, "Scott" <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>

>>"Nobby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]
>>
>>> What's a tombstone?
>>
>>>SNIP<
>>Ditto.
>>

>It is the part where your air line from the ASA goes to the bottom of
>the A-5 Barrel. It is that adapter that goes into the bottom of the
>barrel and your air line screws into. If you have any imagination it
>looks like a tombstone with a hole in the upright portion of it.

Further description it looks like a thumb wheel of sorts (which is
used to align it properly.

>It needs to be greased not oiled. If you are just oiling it, it will
>leak. It also needs to be in more tighter/securely than any other
>part on your marker or yes it will leak air.

If you force the pin in that holds it in place and it is not aligned
properly it will leak.

>I believe it is part #02-24 of the Tippmann A-5 parts diagram located
>at: http://www.tippmann.com/pdfs/products/A5/a5manual.pdf
>

> (`._Hardtime_.)
>
>http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

(`._Hardtime_.)

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

09 Apr 2007 00:05:33
Phillip Pinkney
Re: what the heck...? Part2

In article <[email protected] >,
"Scott" <[email protected] > wrote:

> Drat!, Instead of telling us WHERE it is and what it does.... Someone Has
> the Audacity to make us look it up by posting a part number....... What is
> this group coming to?????????????????????
> >VERY BIG GRIN<
>
> Scott
>
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > OK, I have found the Tombstone Adaptor (part # 02-24). My guess is that if
> > the leak developed right after insetting the new adaptor, you make have
> > pinched off the o-ring. Check that first. Also make sure that the
> > tombstone
> > adaptor is seated properly, and that the fit is snug. If none of these are
> > not the case, try some teflon tape around the threads on the male
> > adaptor(coming off the gasline) that fits inside of the tombstone adaptor.
> > Also, try contacting Tippman at this address,
> > http://www.tippmann.com/ContactUs.aspx
> > The maker of the marker can answer your technical questions with much more
> > understanding on problems which may plague the product.
> >
> > Paint Safe
> > john
> >
> > --
> > Duct tape is alot like the Force, it has a Lightside and a Darkside, and
> > it
> > binds the universe together.

If you have removed your tombstone, then a washer and o-ring probably
came out, too. What you have to remember is "first the washer, then the
o-ring".... If you take it apart again, that will make sense.

--
Phil Pinkney
ppinkneyATa5.com

09 Apr 2007 07:50:56
Nobby
Re: what the heck...?

Well you learn a little something every day!!!!

I take it that it has the same fitting as a bottle thread?

--
Nobby

Never let the bastards grind you down...
Think positive and get even!!!

http://nobbyondanet-pics.magix.net/

"Hardtime" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 06:58:46 GMT, "Scott" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"Nobby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]
>>
>>> What's a tombstone?
>>
>>>SNIP<
>>Ditto.
>>

> It is the part where your air line from the ASA goes to the bottom of
> the A-5 Barrel. It is that adapter that goes into the bottom of the
> barrel and your air line screws into. If you have any imagination it
> looks like a tombstone with a hole in the upright portion of it. It
> needs to be greased not oiled. If you are just oiling it, it will
> leak. It also needs to be in more tighter/securely than any other
> part on your marker or yes it will leak air.
>
> I believe it is part #02-24 of the Tippmann A-5 parts diagram located
> at: http://www.tippmann.com/pdfs/products/A5/a5manual.pdf
>

> (`._Hardtime_.)
>
> http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

09 Apr 2007 07:57:47
Nobby
Re: what the heck...?

Tombstone adapter number 02-24
The exploded manual http://www.tippmann.com/pdfs/manuals/A-5_Schematics.pdf
--
Nobby

Never let the bastards grind you down...
Think positive and get even!!!

http://nobbyondanet-pics.magix.net/

"Hardtime" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 06:58:46 GMT, "Scott" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"Nobby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]
>>
>>> What's a tombstone?
>>
>>>SNIP<
>>Ditto.
>>

> It is the part where your air line from the ASA goes to the bottom of
> the A-5 Barrel. It is that adapter that goes into the bottom of the
> barrel and your air line screws into. If you have any imagination it
> looks like a tombstone with a hole in the upright portion of it. It
> needs to be greased not oiled. If you are just oiling it, it will
> leak. It also needs to be in more tighter/securely than any other
> part on your marker or yes it will leak air.
>
> I believe it is part #02-24 of the Tippmann A-5 parts diagram located
> at: http://www.tippmann.com/pdfs/products/A5/a5manual.pdf
>

> (`._Hardtime_.)
>
> http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

09 Apr 2007 08:03:54
Nobby
Re: what the heck...?

You know I never realised how many parts there were in an A-5 until I
downloaded the exploded manual. There must be loads more than in my Trix
and thought that was a bit over the top!!!!

--
Nobby

Never let the bastards grind you down...
Think positive and get even!!!

http://nobbyondanet-pics.magix.net/

"Nobby" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:%[email protected]
> Tombstone adapter number 02-24
> The exploded manual
> http://www.tippmann.com/pdfs/manuals/A-5_Schematics.pdf
> --
> Nobby
>
> Never let the bastards grind you down...
> Think positive and get even!!!
>
> http://nobbyondanet-pics.magix.net/
>

> "Hardtime" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 06:58:46 GMT, "Scott" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"Nobby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:X60[email protected]

>>>Ditto.
>>>

>> It is the part where your air line from the ASA goes to the bottom of
>> the A-5 Barrel. It is that adapter that goes into the bottom of the
>> barrel and your air line screws into. If you have any imagination it
>> looks like a tombstone with a hole in the upright portion of it. It
>> needs to be greased not oiled. If you are just oiling it, it will
>> leak. It also needs to be in more tighter/securely than any other
>> part on your marker or yes it will leak air.
>>
>> I believe it is part #02-24 of the Tippmann A-5 parts diagram located
>> at: http://www.tippmann.com/pdfs/products/A5/a5manual.pdf
>>

>> (`._Hardtime_.)
>>
>> http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

09 Apr 2007 08:42:10
Hardtime
Re: what the heck...? Part2

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 00:05:33 -0500, Phillip Pinkney
<[email protected] > wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Drat!, Instead of telling us WHERE it is and what it does.... Someone Has
>> the Audacity to make us look it up by posting a part number....... What is
>> this group coming to?????????????????????
>> >VERY BIG GRIN<
>>
>> Scott
>>
>> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>> > OK, I have found the Tombstone Adaptor (part # 02-24). My guess is that if
>> > the leak developed right after insetting the new adaptor, you make have
>> > pinched off the o-ring. Check that first. Also make sure that the
>> > tombstone
>> > adaptor is seated properly, and that the fit is snug. If none of these are
>> > not the case, try some teflon tape around the threads on the male
>> > adaptor(coming off the gasline) that fits inside of the tombstone adaptor.
>> > Also, try contacting Tippman at this address,
>> > http://www.tippmann.com/ContactUs.aspx
>> > The maker of the marker can answer your technical questions with much more
>> > understanding on problems which may plague the product.
>> >
>> > Paint Safe
>> > john
>> >
>> > --
>> > Duct tape is alot like the Force, it has a Lightside and a Darkside, and
>> > it
>> > binds the universe together.
>
>If you have removed your tombstone, then a washer and o-ring probably
>came out, too. What you have to remember is "first the washer, then the
>o-ring".... If you take it apart again, that will make sense.

Remember that is for the air line or expansion chamber adapter that
goes into the tombstone. The tombstone portion that actually goes
into your marker needs to be greased and aligned properly.

(`._Hardtime_.)

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

13 Apr 2007 08:52:05
pukindog
Re: what the heck...?

On Apr 7, 10:54 pm, [email protected] (unforgiven 33) wrote:
> the "tombstone" in my a-5 is leaking like a screen door. i borowed my
> buddies a-5 and the "tombstone" in it was leaking too. one of our team
> members just had the same problem? what is happening? i jus put in a new
> one on my gun so it's not leaking anymore. i've never known this to
> happen before (never heard of it). is it common?
>
> my a-5 has been relly acting up lately (since i put my flat-line on it).

I have had that happened. Removing the o-ring, cleaning and putting a
little oil on it solved the problem. It's possible you all got some
dirty air, if it came from the same source. It doesn't take much more
than a speck to cause a leak.

Billy Goodman
www.pukindogspaintball.com