31 Oct 2005 00:04:39
Tony Sr.
woods

ok guys...after i get back on my feet, another 4-6 months i will start
playing again...only woodsball as i do miss playing in the woods
sometimes....well time will tell hehe....me in the woods again...wow, that
will make a lot of people here in so cal take a look with me....at my age
with a fresh liver transplant i now know i am crazy hehehaha .... ;-)

31 Oct 2005 09:11:12
Hardtime
Re: woods

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 00:04:39 -0800, "Tony Sr." <[email protected] >
wrote:

>ok guys...after i get back on my feet, another 4-6 months i will start
>playing again...only woodsball as i do miss playing in the woods
>sometimes....well time will tell hehe....me in the woods again...wow, that
>will make a lot of people here in so cal take a look with me....at my age
>with a fresh liver transplant i now know i am crazy hehehaha .... ;-)

No, not crazy just enjoying life. You are getting out there and doing
something you like to do while staying active at the same time.

The number one killer of retirees is the fact they are used to doing
something and then they just stop and vegetate and die shortly
thereafter unless they were already in a vegetation status ;-)

Look at retired military. They do twenty to thirty years, retire and
die within the next 5-10 because they do nothing.

Look at the ones who retire and then take up another occupation and
live much longer.

When I retire (shortly I hope) I plan on traveling the country and
visiting a lot of different paintball fields just for the variety and
to see this great country and God's creativeness. ;-) Maybe I will
luck upon the perfect place and start my own field just for the fun of
it. Just do enough profits to keep it going and not to gouge people.
Remember retired is retired. LOL

Hardtime

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

31 Oct 2005 08:32:25
Tony Sr.
Re: woods

hey hardtime, that is a great outlook and I feel that way...stay active and
enjoy whatever you got left...so paintball is hard for me but i play and do
ok...take it easy ;-)
"Hardtime" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 00:04:39 -0800, "Tony Sr." <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >ok guys...after i get back on my feet, another 4-6 months i will start
> >playing again...only woodsball as i do miss playing in the woods
> >sometimes....well time will tell hehe....me in the woods again...wow,
that
> >will make a lot of people here in so cal take a look with me....at my age
> >with a fresh liver transplant i now know i am crazy hehehaha .... ;-)
> >

> No, not crazy just enjoying life. You are getting out there and doing
> something you like to do while staying active at the same time.
>
> The number one killer of retirees is the fact they are used to doing
> something and then they just stop and vegetate and die shortly
> thereafter unless they were already in a vegetation status ;-)
>
> Look at retired military. They do twenty to thirty years, retire and
> die within the next 5-10 because they do nothing.
>
> Look at the ones who retire and then take up another occupation and
> live much longer.
>
> When I retire (shortly I hope) I plan on traveling the country and
> visiting a lot of different paintball fields just for the variety and
> to see this great country and God's creativeness. ;-) Maybe I will
> luck upon the perfect place and start my own field just for the fun of
> it. Just do enough profits to keep it going and not to gouge people.
> Remember retired is retired. LOL
>

> Hardtime
>
> http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

31 Oct 2005 13:03:49
Hardtime
Re: woods

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 08:32:25 -0800, "Tony Sr." <[email protected] >
wrote:

>hey hardtime, that is a great outlook and I feel that way...stay active and
>enjoy whatever you got left...so paintball is hard for me but i play and do
>ok...take it easy ;-)

I have actually thought about it. If it gets to bad I will play
capture and defend. I will be on the defending side. Not much
movement there if you know what I mean.

In Speedball like I have said before I actually know someone that will
build me a special bunker that I can put my easy chair in and fire
through the slits LOL :-)

Hardtime

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

31 Oct 2005 14:57:43
unforgiven 33
Re: woods

hey tony
maybe you can camo your motorized wheelchair and play as a "tank" }8-D

i used to teach taekwondo years ago. most of the student in my schoo
were youngsters. alot of kids a few adults and even a few retirees. i
mean folks well over 55 and 60 yrs old. i remember a couple especially.
they were husband and wife. both over 60 with various health issues. the
both made black-belt. granted, a lack-belt of half their age could have
smoked them but, the average bad guy on the street would have been in
for a rude awakening. the trained for years together.

i think it is great that you are still persuing something you enjoy so
much. as long as you stay acive i feel you will be around for many more
years... (starting crap in this group). and so many of the younger and
newer (like me) players can pick up some good tips from you as an old
timer. more power to ya guy.

but still... give some thought to that whole wheelchair tank idea. could
work for ya